Ray Gun Mark 2 Rareness

Perhaps the odds of finding it are increased in Buried because it was the map that introduced it. I know it takes me about 6 box moves on Die Rise for it to happen. Sometimes I get lucky, but generally it just appears more often in Buried.

I agree. I'm 99 positive that there is a higher chance of getting the rgm2 on buried then any other map. And not because there is less box weapons on buried.....

What I personally think is that other maps got the gun latter, and burried got the gun as a part of the dlc..

It's possible the mark 2 wasnt planned, and now there's an extra gun in the boxes on other maps, and the right amount of guns in a normal map... Meaning there's a higher chance to get the mark 2 on buried because there's a lesser chance of getting another weapon... Where as on other maps, it's now X times unlikely to get any weapon because there is an added weapon to the box...m

Finally got it on die rise hitting the box every round almost. Dropping about 4k a round sometimes more. Got plenty of pistols, war machines harms and 3 ray guns before I finally got it on round 24

Lucky. Lately I've been getting 20k out of the bank per round and still not getting it. That's about 3 box moves worth of points, and with Die Rise's box locations, it's so annoying running after it.

Finally got it on die rise hitting the box every round almost. Dropping about 4k a round sometimes more. Got plenty of pistols, war machines harms and 3 ray guns before I finally got it on round 24

Lucky. Lately I've been getting 20k out of the bank per round and still not getting it. That's about 3 box moves worth of points, and with Die Rise's box locations, it's so annoying running after it.

Its not as bad as transits....I have a trample steam that flings me to the roof from the upside down building so I don't have to go all the way around the map and down to power.

I was told that in buried, you have the least amount of box weapons, so that would give you the best chance in landing on the RGM2 right?

I usually get it after taking 3-4 weapons out of the box in a row no matter what they are, you'll get the box upgrade and increase your chances of getting higher quality weapons.

Good, I find it useless and would rather not waste my 950 on it.

on the mark II?

waaaaaaiiiit a minute, you trollin fool! :lol:

Yeah.. The Mark II.. I am not a fan of it honestly. I PREFER to have the splash damage, I'm just so used to blowing the zombie's feet off since the original Ray Gun came out.. The Mark II isn't as good as the original IMHO. Perhaps escaping a stick situation I could see the benefits.. Just give me a Voice of Justice up through round 31, keep your Mark II.. :D

Good, I find it useless and would rather not waste my 950 on it.

on the mark II?

waaaaaaiiiit a minute, you trollin fool! :lol:

Yeah.. The Mark II.. I am not a fan of it honestly. I PREFER to have the splash damage, I'm just so used to blowing the zombie's feet off since the original Ray Gun came out.. The Mark II isn't as good as the original IMHO. Perhaps escaping a stick situation I could see the benefits.. Just give me a Voice of Justice up through round 31, keep your Mark II.. :D

and i'll keep my raygun mark II wellll into the 50's :!:

I can use the Mark2, until the early 50s.

Even with the overkill upgrade, it would leave their bodies alive after shooting off their head. So to anyone who says claymores are useless in those rounds, they are really good for killing the headless zombies. For some reason on Buried, even if they have no head and are still coming, they wont die with a knife/knuckle hit.

Perhaps I need to consider it on higher rounds then.. It left a bad taste in my mouth from the get go, but now I see more possibities, thanks guys.

I will say one thing Oro, in those high rounds, the Mark 2 runs out of ammo quick...the regular ray gun still have the advantage on that. In the jug hall on the 50 rounds, it would last less than five minutes for me.

It's not rare on any maps. It's just luck. When you're looking for a specific weapon, you are more likely to think probability is against you. To put it simply the combined forces of probability and psychology dictate that the more you want it, the more you think there must be a reason you're not getting it.

No wonder I was raging when I couldn't get the Wonderwaffe in Der Riese yesterday. (Spent AT LEAST 35,000)

I've gotten the Mark 2 thrice on maps other than Buried. Once on Nuketown (early on, so lucky), once on Mob (in the first box location), and yesterday on Die Rise. Took about 40,000 points to get it on Die Rise. I got the regular Ray Gun at least 3 times before the Mark 2. This weapon is definitely a lot rarer than any other. I've never gotten it except in Buried (pretty much every game I play on that map) other than these three times.

Only ever got it twice (both times on Farm) but I really wouldn't say it's rare the box is randomised after all, so the chances of getting the M2 is really the same chance as getting the Ray Gun or Monkey Bombs

B-t-dub: It's freaking incredible and I love it, works pretty well on farm with an LMG as a back-up