Ray Gun Mark 2 Rareness

It's not rare on any maps. It's just luck. When you're looking for a specific weapon, you are more likely to think probability is against you. To put it simply the combined forces of probability and psychology dictate that the more you want it, the more you think there must be a reason you're not getting it.

No, I was watching a video of a guy who got to round 80 on Nuketown and he said he only got the RGM2 20 times in that game. If you consider the amount of boxing he was doing in that game, that makes it extremely rare.

It's not made up btw. It's a fact that it is extremely rare on survival maps.

The chances of getting a certain gun out of the box are measured on a 1-10 scale. (1 being very common. 10 being very, very rare). The Raygun is an 8/10 if I'm not mistaken. On all maps. I don't see how the Mark 2 has different numbers on different maps, this has never happend before.

The way I see it, it's just another one of those hoaxes floating around like the 'dolphin dive on eachother in order to increase the number of powerup drops'.

It's not made up btw. It's a fact that it is extremely rare on survival maps.

The chances of getting a certain gun out of the box are measured on a 1-10 scale. (1 being very common. 10 being very, very rare). The Raygun is an 8/10 if I'm not mistaken. On all maps. I don't see how the Mark 2 has different numbers on different maps, this has never happend before.

The way I see it, it's just another one of those hoaxes floating around like the 'dolphin dive on eachother in order to increase the number of powerup drops'.

They did it for the RGM2 because it would be unfair to all the people that worked hard on survival maps to get a good score with the original ray gun. And I understand why you would think it, but it's not a hoax. If you ask someone who gets 60s, 70s, 80s on survival maps they will tell you it's extremely rare in comparison to Buried, where it is relatively common.

They did it for the RGM2 because it would be unfair to all the people that worked hard on survival maps to get a good score with the original ray gun. And I understand why you would think it, but it's not a hoax. If you ask someone who gets 60s, 70s, 80s on survival maps they will tell you it's extremely rare in comparison to Buried, where it is relatively common.

Well if you are gonna ask someone then what MMX said "When you're looking for a specific weapon, you are more likely to think probability is against you" applies.

It just takes more than some peoples games to convince me.

The only exception to the 1-10 chance measure rule uptil this point has been that everytime someone uses the box (and not get a monkey) the chance of getting one are slighty increased. Wen you do get one the chance resets to its original value.

Other than this example there hasn't been an exception to that rule. Unless there is some proof I say the chances of getting a Mark-II are the same on all maps.

I spent over 400k on tranzit and haven't seen the dang rgm2. on buried I can got it 3 times out of 5 consecutive hits of the box. (got it first hit, didn't want it so hit it again, then hit the box a 3rd time got rgm2 again, then hit a 4th and returned it, then got it on the 5th roll for a third time). On survival though for town and farm, I have gotten both times I have tried. But I have yet to get it on die Rise and Tranzit. Im 100% sure its harder to get on tranzit and die rise then any other map.

I can spent over 400k on tranzit and haven't seen the dang rgm2. on buried I can got it 3 times out of 5 consecutive hits of the box. (got it first hit, didn't want it so hit it again, then hit the box a 3rd time got rgm2 again, then hit a 4th and returned it, then got it on the 5th roll for a third time). On survival though for town and farm, I have gotten both times I have tried. But I have yet to get it on die Rise and Tranzit. Im 100% sure its harder to get on tranzit and die rise then any other map.

This is basically what happens to me, I play buried and get it nearly every time I play, while It seems near impossible to get on other maps. I know it is probably the same chance of getting it as on buried, but it just has been seen less, maybe one of these days it will happen constantly on Tranzit and never on buried?

Well if you are gonna ask someone then what MMX said "When you're looking for a specific weapon, you are more likely to think probability is against you" applies.

It just takes more than some peoples games to convince me.

The only exception to the 1-10 chance measure rule uptil this point has been that everytime someone uses the box (and not get a monkey) the chance of getting one are slighty increased. Wen you do get one the chance resets to its original value.

Other than this example there hasn't been an exception to that rule. Unless there is some proof I say the chances of getting a Mark-II are the same on all maps.

You're wrong. Look at the description of this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r697JmhshZ8

And this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-xxr_WZAfs

Ok, I have to agree with MMX.

The probability to get a weapon from the box is coded into the game. Hence why the M1911 is in the box, but has such a small chance to get, it is literally impossible.

It's nothing more than probability.

Yeah, but why can't that probability be coded differently for different maps? BTW has anyone looked at the game code and figured out the exact chance that you will get the M1911 on MOTD? I'd reckon its close to the chance of getting nades out of the box on WaW, which I've only gotten once ever, although its not hard to get them if you hit the box immediately after you spawn back from dying, since you don't have nades at that time.

Ah how stupid to forget:

Burid has fewer weapons in the box than any other map.

So the chance of getting X weapon in Buried is automatically highter than getting said weapon on any other map.

So technically, saying that the Mark 2 is very common in Buried is false.

The chance of getting the Mark 2 does differ per map. The chance of getting one is significantly higher on Buried.

Problem solved.

And to answer your original question:

Since MoTD - like Buried - has fewer total weapons in the box, the chance of getting the Mark II is higher if not the same as Buried.

Die Rise has the same amount of total weapons in the box as TranZit. So you could say getting the Mark II is more difficult.

Ah how stupid to forget:

So the chance of getting X weapon in Buried is automatically highter than getting said weapon on any other map.

The chance of getting the Mark 2 does differ per map. The chance of getting one is significantly higher on Buried.

Problem solved.

Since MoTD - like Buried - has fewer total weapons in the box, the chance of getting the Mark II is higher if not the same as Buried.

Die Rise has the same amount of total weapons in the box as TranZit. So you could say getting the Mark II is more difficult.

Thtas what people on the activision forum told me. But I don't buy it. When someone spends over 400k on the box, I doubt its the same probability. and quick question. what guns are in tranzit's box that are not in buried's box?

It is really easy to get on Buried maybe because I usually trap the box in spawn. I have seen people pull it from tranzit within a few hits not myself though. I would say its harder to get on Town survival cause it was like round 30 and I spent about 50,000 points trying to get it to no avail. Not to mention I was trying to get it the whole game as well.

Ah how stupid to forget:

Problem solved.

I don't think it's that simple of a solution. What makes the gun rarer than other guns is because it is not always in the "roulette list" when you hit the box. It has a certain percent chance of being in that list and even if it does make it on the list it's not a guarantee that you will get it, of course. I don't think having a few more guns in the box would cause that much of a discrepancy in the rarity of the gun if it has the same percent chance of being in the list on every map.

Me and my friend yesterday spent about 200,000 together on the box before we got just one Mark II on MOTD, which happens to have about the same number of weapons in the box as Buried. That, along with countless other people complaining about its rarity and yeah, it's pretty much confirmed that it's harder to get on every map besides Buried. It wouldn't be difficult for 3ARC to simply change the percent chance for the gun on different maps.

Ah how stupid to forget:

Problem solved.

This is what I initially suspected, but after I thought about it...I think there may be less guns in TranZit or Die Rise...Let's try to count them out, I will need help though since my memory is not that great.

TranZit: 21 Items?

HAMR

Galil

RPD

MTAR

Type-25

Executioner

Five-Seven

Five-Seven Dual

Python

M1216

M18A1

S12

FN

DSR-50

Barret

RPG

War Machine

Ray Gun

RGM2

EMP

Monkey Bomb

Die Rise: 20 or 21 Items?

HAMR

Galil

RPD

MTAR

Type-25

Executioner

Five-Seven

Five-Seven Dual

Python

M1216

M18A1

S12

FN

DSR-50

Barret

RPG

War Machine

Ray Gun

RGM2

EMP

Monkey Bomb

Sliquifier**

Buried: 18 or 19 Items?

HAMR

Galil

MTAR

Executioner

Five-Seven

Five-Seven Dual

Remington Pistol

M1216

S12

FN

DSR-50

Barret

RPG

War Machine

Ray Gun

RGM2

Time Bomb

Monkey Bomb

Paralyzer*

I might be missing some or I might be including some I shouldn't be. Can someone look over these lists and confirm?

EDIT: Thanks for the corrections birdman22. Also added the RPG and War Machine to the lists.

As you can see, I've put an asterisk next to the WW's since they will not be in the Box once they're pulled. (Furthermore, the Slquifier won't be in the box at first.)

So far, it looks like Buried does have less Items...

Ah how stupid to forget:

Problem solved.

Thtas what people on the activision forum told me. But I don't buy it. When someone spends over 400k on the box, I doubt its the same probability. and quick question. what guns are in tranzit's box that are not in buried's box?

i disagree...

just because a gun's weighted probability is 1/10 or 10% does not necessarily mean you will for sure get it if you roll 10 times. I'm sure the coding of the game has these weighted probabilities, and hence the name "random box" a random weapon comes out based on execution of the code based on those weighted probabilities.

Just like if you have a quarter, and you know the chance of getting heads is 50%; but theoretically you could flip that coin 10 times and get tails every time... just because out of X flips or X box rolls you didnt get Y gun, doesnt mean Y gun's probability is 0.

Now that being said, over time that probability should even out

Ah how stupid to forget:

Problem solved.

This is what I initially suspected, but after I thought about it...I think there may be less guns in TranZit or Die Rise...Let's try to count them out, I will need help though since my memory is not that great.

TranZit: 17 Items?

HAMR

Galil

RPD

Executioner

Five-Seven

Five-Seven Dual

Python

M1216

M18A1

S12

FN

DSR-50

Barret

Ray Gun

RGM2

EMP

Monkey Bomb

Die Rise: 16 or 17 Items?

HAMR

Galil

RPD

Executioner

Five-Seven

Five-Seven Dual

Python

M1216

M18A1

S12

FN

DSR-50

Barret

Ray Gun

RGM2

EMP

Monkey Bomb

Sliquifier**

Buried: 16 or 17 Items?

HAMR

Galil

RPD

Executioner

Five-Seven

Five-Seven Dual

Remington Pistol

M1216

S12

FN

DSR-50

Barret

Ray Gun

RGM2

Time Bomb

Monkey Bomb

Paralyzer*

I might be missing some or I might be including some I shouldn't be. Can someone look over these lists and confirm?

As you can see, I've put an asterisk next to the WW's since they will not be in the Box once they're pulled. (Furthermore, the Slquifier won't be in the box at first.)

RPD is not in Buried. also add the MTAR and Type-25 to the Die Rise and Tranzit list

MTAR

FAL

Barrett

Five Seven

Five Seven Dual

Python

Executioner

Chicom CQB

SMR

Type 25

M8A1

Galil

S12

M1216

DSR-50

HAMR

RPD

RPG

KAP-40

War Machine

Ballistic Knife*

Ray Gun

Monkey Bombs

EMP Grenade

and the Ray Gun Mark II.

Five-Seven

Five-Seven Dual

Remington

Executioner

KAP-40

Fal

SMR

MTAR

Galil

S12

M1216

DSR-50

Barret

HAMR

RPG

War Machine

Balistic Knife*

Paralyzer*

Ray Gun

Ray Gun Mk II

Time Bomb*

Monkey Bomb

TranZit/Die Rise 23 versus Buried 19. (Limit weapons aka WW and ballastic knifes have been taken into account)

You forgot the chicom and smr on all three lists. The emp is not in die rise. The three guns in tranzit/die rise that are not in buried are rpd and the m8a1 and the type 25.

So buried and die rise both have 21 weapons in the box yet I get the rgm2 a lot more often on Buried then i do on die rise. So that kind of disproves the whole ''its only rare in tranzit because there are more guns in the box''

So buried and die rise both have 21 weapons in the box yet I get the rgm2 a lot more often on Buried then i do on die rise. So that kind of disproves the whole ''its only rare in tranzit because there are more guns in the box''

Correction BS. TranZit/Die Rise have 23 weapons, Buried has 19.

So the Mark II is definitely more 'harder' to get in TranZit/DR than in Buried. (probability theory wise)

You also forgot the kap40

Die Rise: 20 or 21 Items?

HAMR

Galil

RPD

MTAR

Type-25

Executioner

Five-Seven

Five-Seven Dual

Python

M1216

M18A1

S12

FN

DSR-50

Barret

RPG

War Machine

Ray Gun

RGM2

Monkey Bomb

Sliquifier**

smr

chicom

kap40

Buried: 18 or 19 Items?

HAMR

Galil

MTAR

Executioner

Five-Seven

Five-Seven Dual

Remington Pistol

M1216

S12

FN

DSR-50

Barret

RPG

War Machine

Ray Gun

RGM2

Time Bomb

Monkey Bomb

Paralyzer*

chicom

smr

kap 40

Correction BS. TranZit/Die Rise have 23 weapons, Buried has 19.

So the Mark II is definitely more 'harder' to get in TranZit/DR than in Buried. (probability theory wise)

Well I did miscount, but your correction is wrong also. Die Rise does have 23 guns not counting the sliquifier but I don't count that because I don't build it till afterwards. And Buried has 22 guns in it. So one gun difference doesn't even matter. I could go get mule kick and get three total box guns and I still probably wouldn't get the rgm2 for a long time on die rise....