Origins. But Somehow In The Future.

EvilHERONeos

Now as we all know, it's gonna be from the very beginning right? Well i'm not entirely sold on that. Maybe, at one time, there was a moment where it was from the EXACT beginning. But I know that all this time traveling in the past games must have effected the past (specifically the origins) somehow. My reason is that in the gameplay trailer, it showed the Remington. Now before you scream "It's just because the Remington was implemented into Black Ops II for multiplayer and campaign and 3arch just wanted to continue the trend!!!!1111", they couldn't just say "It's 1917. We're STILL gonna put this future gun into it". I know, most guns aren't canon, but i'm talking about Origins itself. There must have to be a Rift where future things go back into the past. As with MotD. And the location of Buried. I just feel like things aren't TRULY from the beginning.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either A. the future gun went to the past level (unlikely but possible) or B. the past level went to the future gun (more likely but unsupported by current data). One of those things had to happen, and we'll find out soon enough which.

Examples:

A. LSAT in Mob of the Dead

B. Remington New Model Army in Buried

But that's only like twenty or so years from Kino. Remington would be almost a hundred years later.

How about MoTD then? The AN-94 and 870 are walled there, among a bunch of other weapons not created in the 30s. Wall Weapons aren't Canon, just Tryarch compensating.

Well as Weasel said, he remembers doing/seeing things before. And the "Pop Goes The Weasel" of breaking the cycle. So they could (now I mean COULD, Mob has a lot of things missing in between the linear notes) have been doing the same exact thing over and over stuck in a loop for almost a hundred years and the controller has been compensating with new weapons. And I think you mean the Ak-74, not AN. But I know what you meant. :)

I believe you're thinking about this too much. Having a weapon already coded into the campaign, multi-player and zombies would be easier to put into a map than having to re-skin and re-texture all of the weapons so they look like they are from that certain time period. Having a weapon appear in a map doesn't determine the exact date that the map takes place in.

Hasn't the Mystery Box been known to pull out guns from pretty much every time period? Gameplay wise, it's just easier to use existing weapons. At least Treyarch tried to do something new by adding in more era-specific weapons, even new ones like the Mauser and MG08.

Remember, this is a world where you can pull guns off of a chalk line on the wall. There is very little logic here.

I feel as though the appearance of the Remington is no more than treyarch simply using guns that are already in existence, i.e. guns they've already programmed into the game, and no more...

I don't believe there is really any significance to it in regards to the story or it having any deeper meaning, saying so and attributing any odd observation in cod zombies as having some symbolic or strong reasoning is def occurring too much and by this point I think its safe to say that somethings are done simply because a matter or time (or lack there of) for development, and unwillingness to create brand new guns for the sake of dlc...

Which is even more unfortunate considering they highlighted era specific guns specifically within the dlc description, though of course one could argue they simply used word play to create false ideas on the dlc...

-this next chapter in the Zombies legacy will explore the saga’s origins as players reunite with an unlikely band of soldiers that come together to defeat the greatest evil the world has ever seen, using a period-specific arsenal

If the O4 were in a sort of virtual reality simulater, run on the past memory's, that would put Sam in control (because her best memory would be of being the demonic anouncer) and the O4 would be put here... All but richtofen wouldn't fallow the exact thing they did in the past because they still have their (eraced again) memory's... But richtofen is LITTERALLY on playback because he's just a shell with a samantha inside...

If you chose maxis, at the end you get broken free and pulled out of argartha, (where the virtual reality is taking place) and if you chose richtofen something else would happen....

Just a little idea of mine....

If the O4 were in a sort of virtual reality simulater, run on the past memory's, that would put Sam in control (because her best memory would be of being the demonic anouncer) and the O4 would be put here... All but richtofen wouldn't fallow the exact thing they did in the past because they still have their (eraced again) memory's... But richtofen is LITTERALLY on playback because he's just a shell with a samantha inside...

If you chose maxis, at the end you get broken free and pulled out of argartha, (where the virtual reality is taking place) and if you chose richtofen something else would happen....

Just a little idea of mine....

Actually, that's not a bad idea. I like that. It'd align almost align everything up.

-this next chapter in the Zombies legacy will explore the saga’s origins as players reunite with an unlikely band of soldiers that come together to defeat the greatest evil the world has ever seen, using a period-specific arsenal

They do this to pump people up for the DLC especially since it's the last one. Remember Moon? They told us we'd have a "brand new arsenal of weapons" and all we received was the Wave Gun.

They do this to pump people up for the DLC especially since it's the last one. Remember Moon? They told us we'd have a "brand new arsenal of weapons" and all we received was the Wave Gun.

Trollarch being Trollarch.

Hasn't the Mystery Box been known to pull out guns from pretty much every time period? Gameplay wise, it's just easier to use existing weapons. At least Treyarch tried to do something new by adding in more era-specific weapons, even new ones like the Mauser and MG08.

Remember, this is a world where you can pull guns off of a chalk line on the wall. There is very little logic here.

There is not a lack of logic; treyarch just has their own logic, which goes unbroken in their universe. From our perspective, magically spawning weapons from a chalk drawing seems crazy. However in a world where chalk drawings DO spawn weapons (and that's considered normal) there is still a set of rules on which the weapons function. It isn't our set of rules, but it's as unbreakable as ours.

There is not a lack of logic; treyarch just has their own logic, which goes unbroken in their universe. From our perspective, magically spawning weapons from a chalk drawing seems crazy. However in a world where chalk drawings DO spawn weapons (and that's considered normal) there is still a set of rules on which the weapons function. It isn't our set of rules, but it's as unbreakable as ours.

Exactly this. Personally, I think the time/space rift (the same time/space rift that put an old-Western town underground in Africa) is responsible for taking these weapons back in time. If there is, like Electric said, a special kind of logic in the zombies universe, then the time/space rift is how it explains the weapons.