Yellow Eyes, definitely yellow eyes

yourmapper

I know it's a long stretch, but hear me out on this.

We know the eye color dictates the controller in either the Aether or MPD or wherever an entity may control the zombies from. It's already been said that yellow is the default color, but what if the eye color never actually changed when Samantha took control? By this I mean that no actual color was attributed to her in any way.

Lucifer would be signified by a red-hellish color. Richtofen is signified as well but with a blue color. Samantha, however, is not signified by any color at all. Misty (the member above, not character :P ) made a really good point about her not understanding her true potential; the other controllers know what they are capable of doing in terms of ability and power.

Tl;dr: Samantha has no relation to the eye colors.

I completely agree with this. you get brains from me, it is my belief that Yellow is the natural color of the Zombies eyes, and Samantha, being so young and naïve did not understand the full potential of her ability and power, and thus was not able to change the colors of the eyes, hence why they are yellow for her.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's my brains? That's exactly what I was theorizing. Lol...

Samantha, a child, hasn't developed enough will of her own to actually change the eye color of the Zombies. I admit, I debated with MMX specifically about eye color defining the controller, but after watching the end game and seeing Stu's eyes change as Richtofen speaks, I'm now confident they do represent who's in control. Samantha just didn't have the power to change them or she wasn't aware that she did.

Thank you MMX, for putting that lurker in his place, although I doubt he read your reply, it's good to know you're ready to defend this community.

Where's my brains? That's exactly what I was theorizing. Lol...

Samantha, a child, hasn't developed enough will of her own to actually change the eye color of the Zombies. I admit, I debated with MMX specifically about eye color defining the controller, but after watching the end game and seeing Stu's eyes change as Richtofen speaks, I'm now confident they do represent who's in control. Samantha just didn't have the power to change them or she wasn't aware that she did.

Thank you MMX, for putting that lurker in his place, although I doubt he read your reply, it's good to know you're ready to defend this community.

Here's brains for you as well, I almost forgot as I am drunk as a skunk (or was at least).

The bold I exactly agree with, Samantha didn't have or more likely wasn't aware that she did, while Richtofen (and Maxis) are..

and thanks.

I think you guys are over-thinking this. And, to be honest, until the map comes out, we will not know for certain who the zombie controller (if any) is. I lean toward thinking that there IS a controller for Origins. Why? Because there always has been, and because I doubt Treyarch will take out the familiar "Max Ammo!" and "Insta-Kill!" announcements we're used to hearing.

It's possible that there may be no controller, but until the map comes out, speculation really yields no results.

yes thanks MMX

sam not knowing her full power makes a lot of sense,

perhaps if their is a controller in origins they too havnt reached their full potential

or there could be no controlleras stated above, but I also doubt it, where do the powerups come from? theres a nuke in the apocalypse trailer at 3:23.

TbxEV5gZtqU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbxEV5gZtqU

Thank you.

While the idea of yellow being default despite Samantha seems promising, I'd hold off of sticking to the idea until the map comes out.

I think you guys are over-thinking this. And, to be honest, until the map comes out, we will not know for certain who the zombie controller (if any) is. I lean toward thinking that there IS a controller for Origins. Why? Because there always has been, and because I doubt Treyarch will take out the familiar "Max Ammo!" and "Insta-Kill!" announcements we're used to hearing.

It's possible that there may be no controller, but until the map comes out, speculation really yields no results.

C'mon guys...We're in Future Zombies.

This is where we're supposed to speculate and let our imaginations run wild. So what if we're disproved when the map hits...we would have at least gained more knwoledge through open discussions with each other. This is a good thread that I don't want to see die because prominent members are advising against speculation.

Who cares if what we theorize turns out to be wrong. It's not a contest to see who's right.

Thank you.

While the idea of yellow being default despite Samantha seems promising, I'd hold off of sticking to the idea until the map comes out.

C'mon guys...We're in Future Zombies.

This is where we're supposed to speculate and let our imaginations run wild. So what if we're disproved when the map hits...we would have at least gained more knwoledge through open discussions with each other. This is a good thread that I don't want to see die because prominent members are advising against speculation.

Who cares if what we theorize turns out to be wrong. It's not a contest to see who's right.

Because it is pointless.

"A quest to search for the truth that is undoubtable incorrect." What kind of mission statement is that? In an effort of uncovering the storyline, pre-map speculation almost always is a setback. People latch onto extremely incorrect ideas that spawned before the map came out and were subsequently disproven abruptly. Speculation is one of the largest causes of misinformation out there, right next to some Youtube users.

Nay, MMX.

It's the misuse and failure to understand the true nature of speculation that creates the misinformation you reference.

When I theorize I know that it's only speculation and, regardless of how accurate it seems, I know it can be disproven. If another user decides to credit a theory as fact prematurely, it is not the theory's fault.

Stating that we should not speculate because it could create misinformation is like saying we shouldn't form scientific hypotheses because we may disprove them in experimentation. That's the whole point!

While we are talking theories, here's mine.

First, I believe that someone or something is in control of the Aether on every map where zombies have attacked live players: Sam, Richtofen, Satan, Maxis so far.

Second, I think the meaning of 'control' is more than they simply get to announce and have their voice herad when a player picks up a drop , but less than full control over every zombie's movement.

Third, I believe Sam will be in control on Origins, and it will be explained, and Sam is in control. Maybe the Der Riese experiments caused a rift in time and for a few months robots and zombies popped in through rifts in space time over a WW1 battlefield, and then vanished and were destroyed, while Sam was in control, and then it ties up nicely with our existing timeline. Maybe the experiments caused a rift that created an alternate universe when Sam and the MPD were teleported back in time, and this new universe doesn't mesh with our current one. Maybe experiments by Maxis in WW1 caused time portal issues bringing stuff from the future and alternate universes into the battlefield, and maybe we as players close this rift at the end of Origins.

So my theory is basically Sam is in control, and we will learn how and why. I don't think yellow is the default color.

I suppose but the difference here is that in science, you can't wait and just expect new info to pop up. But here we KNOW we'll be getting the right answer in 12 days, or at least a closer-to-right answer.

Good point.

Still, I would rather not be an advocate of stifling theories because a few irresponsible people can potentially take the portent of the theory out of contex

We can't expect everyone to be enlightened, but we shouldn't penalize the ones that can get something out of these theories because of them. One theory usually spawns another, better theory and it's this progressive discussion I try to evoke.

In a theory I posted about MotD, I say how lucifer makes the zombies as projections, and they aren't even real zombies. They don't even have 115, since they're just projections native to the realm. However the power-ups and perks are all pulled through the portal into hell. All the power-ups have sam's voice because she made th power-ups and lucifer just borrowed them.

Now let's say a similar rift transition occurs. Maybe the greater power in Origins has borrowed sam's zombies too? That explains how sam's zombies could be there before she was ever in control.

On the other hand, the entire field of trenches, the younger O4, and a few old guns got dragged through to the (relative) future, during sam's reign. A lot of people are speculating that the map isn't when it seems, so it could have actually been pulled into the future.

Imagine it like MrRoflWaffles' idea about how buried got buried. If the battlefield in origins got picked up and plopped down through time, all the giant robots and future tech, as well as sam's zombies could just stroll into the area. So what does that result in? A past location with past characters and weapons, with futuristic elements scattered about.

In a theory I posted about MotD, I say how lucifer makes the zombies as projections, and they aren't even real zombies. They don't even have 115, since they're just projections native to the realm. However the power-ups and perks are all pulled through the portal into hell. All the power-ups have sam's voice because she made th power-ups and lucifer just borrowed them.

Now let's say a similar rift transition occurs. Maybe the greater power in Origins has borrowed sam's zombies too? That explains how sam's zombies could be there before she was ever in control.

On the other hand, the entire field of trenches, the younger O4, and a few old guns got dragged through to the (relative) future, during sam's reign. A lot of people are speculating that the map isn't when it seems, so it could have actually been pulled into the future.

Imagine it like MrRoflWaffles' idea about how buried got buried. If the battlefield in origins got picked up and plopped down through time, all the giant robots and future tech, as well as sam's zombies could just stroll into the area. So what does that result in? A past location with past characters and weapons, with futuristic elements scattered about.

I can understand that, but it's messy. It's like trying to kill a fly with a bazooka.

I don't think the story needs to be that convoluted. I'm sure Treyarch can come up with a cleaner explanation that doesn't require a PhD in theoretical physics to understand.

JS...

As I said earlier yellow is the basic color seen in Nacht Der Untoten and Verruckt.

Yellow is basic color.

Yellow and also in Black Ops yellow with orange glow is Samantha.

Blue Richtofen.

Red Demon.

Orange eyes with orange glow is Maxis.

While you're making good observations, I'd like to point out that through their Origins trailer, Treyarch has basically told us that the Rezurrection re-dos of the original WaW maps are to be taken cannonically. So the remakes override the older versions. That being said, I don't think we should consider the original two Zombies maps (Nacht and Verruckt) in WaW to mean anything at all for our storyline or our understanding of Treyarch's world of Zombies. The colors of those maps, with Sam or not, mean nothing. Unless you're talking about the versions we play in BO1.

As I said earlier yellow is the basic color seen in Nacht Der Untoten and Verruckt.

Yellow is basic color.

Blue Richtofen.

Red Demon.

While you're making good observations, I'd like to point out that through their Origins trailer, Treyarch has basically told us that the Rezurrection re-dos of the original WaW maps are to be taken cannonically. So the remakes override the older versions. That being said, I don't think we should consider the original two Zombies maps (Nacht and Verruckt) in WaW to mean anything at all for our storyline or our understanding of Treyarch's world of Zombies. The colors of those maps, with Sam or not, mean nothing. Unless you're talking about the versions we play in BO1.

Even if the Rezurection maps would be canon doesn't mean the W@W ones wouldn't be too. After all they tell us what happened to the rescue team.

My theory: Their plane crashed in NDU where they continued on foot to Verruckt where they died.

Yellow is basic color.

Blue Richtofen.

Red Demon.

That is not true at all. While I wouldn't out-rule such an idea, to say that that is certain I think is wrong. Current evidence makes it IMPOSSIBLE for that to be true. However, whatever this new map brings could "overrule" it, so to speak. I mean, Call of the Dead didn't appear in that trailer, and the characters WERE THERE for certain.

Seeing the new photo of "The Viking" the eye's being Blue/Purple might suggest what I thought before. Pushing the Button in Buried for either Maxis or Richtofen will have an effect on the Zombies in Origins and who controls them.

And that also effects the Easter Egg.

That or the Viking could be a guardian of the Temple and is killing even Zombies to protect its secrets.

If you take a negative color filter and put it on Samantha zombie yellow, it becomes purple. The purple eyed zombies could be teasing towards the map existing in an alternate universe. Whether or not it exists on the main timeline has been debated an I am of the opinion that It is, but I thought is toss that out there.

I remember making a similar idea about MotD because red is the opposite of richtofen's cyan / blue. Of course that ended up being true about alternate universes, but the eyes were red for a different reason.