Yellow Eyes, definitely yellow eyes

yourmapper

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's really been bugging me is that no one has mentioned that the giant robots eyes are yellow as well. Surely it's not just 1 zombie controlling those huge things? Yet their visor/eyes/ show up as a very bright yellow.

Just to clarify I mentioned that in the opening post, with a picture! I think it's significant.

I love the theories about color, emotion, evil, and anger relating to eye color. Nice food for thought.

I would like to point out that there are 2 voices at times. Like Samantha and the 'demonic announcer'. They say different things (drop pickups vs the box moving, for example) in WaW and BO. The announcer is also different in MotD, or when Richtofen is in control. So really we've heard 4 voices so far.

Concerning the eyes, I think you're definitely onto something with the intentions thing. Maxis is the closest human we've had in control to pure evil, and his Zombies eyes are orange, halfway between yellow and the MOTD red. Richtofen just seems to be doing things for the hell of it, so the blue colour could signify that.

Just another thing to point out, the whole lights in the sky, appearing/disappearing biplanes and Zeppelins is very, very wound in time/dimensional rifty. It's such a classic sci-fi trope to have things appearing and vanishing out of place when time/dimensional shenanigans are afoot.

I really think the introduction cutscene to this map is going to involve someone going back and doing something to change the timeline, whether that be future Richtofen or whoever. It just makes sense. In our standard Zombies timeline, the O4 cannot have met like this, it goes against the COTD radios. Dempsey was caught at Verruckt, Takeo and Nikolai were caught at some other point and they were all taken to the Dr to be experimented on, in 1945. The radios were very specific about that.

Essentially what I'm saying is, for this map just throw everything that's happened out of the window and stop trying to make it fit. This is a whole new timeline, I'd bet money on it. And that's also why I think they're talking about this whole beginning/end of zombies thing. SOMEONE HAS CAUSED THE O4 TO MEET EARLY AND WILL PESUMABLY INSTRUCT THEM ON HOW TO STOP EVERYTHING FROM EVER HAPPENING.

It's reflecting the themes from MOTD, ending the cycle.

That line in caption puts me thinking, which of all characters would be the one adequate who can/do such a thing?

If it is indeed Lucifer, than it kinda works with Nacht and Verruckt having Yellow eyes. But I just always figured that was because the story hadn't been fully set out than. And that there eyes would have really been red like MotD.

But it being Yellow now? I don't know. Hopefully a reasonable explanation is given.

Yellow is the default color. It's confirmed in this map.

If this map takes place in 1917, and we have no way to disprove this yet, Samantha would not be alive.

Why, though, would the zombies (assuming they're acting of their own volition) have the same eye color as when Samantha is in control?

Simple answer, really.

Samantha is a child and she never intended to be in control of the zombies. She doesn;t desire that power and doesn't try to will herself onto the zombies, therefore, while she's "in control" she doesn't actually do any controlling, thus the eye color remains at a default state. Samantha does give our O4 power-ups, however, and you can understand this when Richtofen grabs power-ups and asks, "But, why Samantha?" Richtofen doesn't expect this from her since he's the one that effectively killed her and put her into the Aether. Also, he thirsts for the power, so he would assume any normal person would do the same.

Look at the end-game for Buried...Richtofen takes control of Stu and when we hear quotes from Richtofen, Stu's eyes become blue. Obviously, the eyes represent the controller, but because Samantha hasn't exerted her will over the zombies, their eye color never changed.

If a grown man and a child were to have a battle of wills, who do you think would win? Do you think children have developed a strong willpower? Is that why they throw temper tantrums when they don't get what they want?

Read between the lines a little, everyone.

When Treyarch first created zombies it is quite possible that eye color was not taken into consideration as meaning anything yet. They just gave them yellow eyes because they thought it looked cool. As more maps were released and people started talking and theorizing Treyarch then adopted the ye color idea (as it was genius) and integrated it into the developing story they were writing. Now that they are going back to the beginning they simply kept the eyes yellow to fall in line with the first maps.

I don't think Sam is controlling the zombies in origins.

On the flip side if Sam is controlling them, maybe Richtofen escaped the MPD after buried's EE (haven't done it yet, I could be wrong here) but by escaping he swapped places with Sam again. He then used time travel to go back to the beginning as one last task of finally mending the rift that the N4 have been working on all this time. Sam controlling the zombies, and Maxi controlling the machines. It's like the battle ground of the final war between Maxis and Sam vs Richtofen and allies. The end is the beginning is the end type of paradox. In the end one team has to die just like the example of the MOTD ending and culminating the choosing of sides (maxis/Richtofen) to finally win the battle and determine Earths future. If Richtofen wins then none of this will ever have happened, he becomes the hero and we go back to real life with the knowledge that Richtofen made our zombie free reality today. If Maxis wins then Sam and Maxis rule over hell on earth for eternity and we continue the endless loop of fighting zombies forever.

Just thinkin out loud here, punch holes in it!

This map looks badass and the most WaWish since Nacht IMO I didn't car for Tranzit and Die rise but since then all of the maps have been growing more and more epic every release. Can't wait for Origins.

If this map takes place in 1917, and we have no way to disprove this yet, Samantha would not be alive.

Why, though, would the zombies (assuming they're acting of their own volition) have the same eye color as when Samantha is in control?

Simple answer, really.

Samantha is a child and she never intended to be in control of the zombies. She doesn;t desire that power and doesn't try to will herself onto the zombies, therefore, while she's "in control" she doesn't actually do any controlling, thus the eye color remains at a default state. Samantha does give our O4 power-ups, however, and you can understand this when Richtofen grabs power-ups and asks, "But, why Samantha?" Richtofen doesn't expect this from her since he's the one that effectively killed her and put her into the Aether. Also, he thirsts for the power, so he would assume any normal person would do the same.

Look at the end-game for Buried...Richtofen takes control of Stu and when we hear quotes from Richtofen, Stu's eyes become blue. Obviously, the eyes represent the controller, but because Samantha hasn't exerted her will over the zombies, their eye color never changed.

If a grown man and a child were to have a battle of wills, who do you think would win? Do you think children have developed a strong willpower? Is that why they throw temper tantrums when they don't get what they want?

You should read the above, CrazyTrain...Obviously you missed it the first time.

Simple answer, really.

You should read the above, CrazyTrain...Obviously you missed it the first time.

Definitely makes sense. Personally I don't feel they thought of the eye color as having meaning in the beginning but what you say there makes a lot of sense.

You're probably right that they didn't take a lot of things into consideration for a long-term storyline, but had to scramble to make it all fit together.

All things considered, I think they've done a great job, but I honestly do believe this is how we explain the yellow eyes. The red eyes still remain a thorn in my side...

Apparently some demonic being exerted control over the zombies during the 1930's at Alcatraz and terrorized our M4, but I just don't like that idea. It's so anti-canon it makes me sick. If yellow is the default and Samantha couldn't/wouldn't actually control the zombies, leaving their eyes yellow, the explanation for MotD's red eyes at least makes sense, but it just feels like a wasted map, to me. :x

There are thousands of theories out there that are 100% incorrect... well thought out but incorrect. This website is a marketing technique at this stage in the zombies game and not much else as I've only seen a few correct bits and pieces of the theories proven true and actually implemented in the game

Everything posted here is combed and archived for a few reasons

1(you forum guys especially on this site love turning yourselves in circles with theories)

2(The game developers love this too because you guys essentially just theorize which guarantees a debate between people that are generally informed but cant get past the "I'm right" syndrome) which causes you to spin down the theory drain every time and put yourselves up on that pedestal.

Every time I've ever posted on this website I've been met with at least one person telling me I need to reference another person on this sites theory and accept it as fact. Id advise to not accept ANYONE on here's info as fact(even if they all they do is play MLG games and get paid to game and post on this site all day because of lack of girls or w/e their issue is, they are still just a fan with a theory)

Most who have posted about time shifts, time travel, alternate dimensions, and any other theories must research how each of the above topics are understood in society or in other words learn what your talking about and be diligent with your correct info. I'm sick of lurking and researching to find out that you guys are not correct with your topic let alone your theory on cod zombies storyline......

(hey if you love spinning yourselves in circles I firmly believe that trey-arch has improvised changed and forgotten a few too many things for zombies to ever be explained in a full consistent full bodied story which has no loopholes in the plot.

Oh yeah by the way the color of the eyes does not directly mean anything about what time they were in...... seriously I thought you guys would have figured out the dev team just jumps to where ever the best setting is with what they want to market to you the consumer allowing flexibility with the variances in the levels themes while also applying an "authentic feel"

Also here is my disclaimer (I'M NOT TRYING TO GET YOU MAD OR OFFEND ANYONE. NOR DO I CARE WHAT YOU THINK AND WILL NOT BE READING ANY REPLIES IF ANYONE EVEN READS THIS) I just gave up on using this site as fact or even a reference website. I used to love lurking on this site for EE info/ whether i found something new but after B02 I avoid this site. Most people that post only care about their number of posts or the color of their name. After reading 4 pages of theories and blathering in this thread I couldn't help but post this. ( This website used to be a good resource now its just conspiracy theory website for a video game....hardly worth most peoples time to theorize with the man online)

There are thousands of theories out there that are 100% incorrect... well thought out but incorrect. This website is a marketing technique at this stage in the zombies game and not much else as I've only seen a few correct bits and pieces of the theories proven true and actually implemented in the game

There's thousands that are wrong, but there are hundreds that are right.

Everything posted here is combed and archived for a few reasons

1(you forum guys especially on this site love turning yourselves in circles with theories)

That's a primary reason why this site is popular.

2(The game developers love this too because you guys essentially just theorize which guarantees a debate between people that are generally informed but cant get past the "I'm right" syndrome) which causes you to spin down the theory drain every time and put yourselves up on that pedestal.

Exactly. Everyone wins. Players, developers. However, most people don't have the "I'm right" syndrome, as you put it. Most people here respect each other's theories and often come up with combating theories of their own. There's a mutual respect to be had on this site by the majority. No one here puts themselves on a pedestal. People however can choose to put someone ELSE on a pedestal. Is that perhaps what you are doing?

Every time I've ever posted on this website I've been met with at least one person telling me I need to reference another person on this sites theory and accept it as fact. Id advise to not accept ANYONE on here's info as fact(even if they all they do is play MLG games and get paid to game and post on this site all day because of lack of girls or w/e their issue is, they are still just a fan with a theory)

I have never heard of such a thing. There's a difference between a fact and a theory. However, some people cannot see so clearly what is and is not a fact. Nevertheless, everything you said is not representative of this site. And I HARDLY find your opinion accurate as one with 54 posts. You haven't even been around this site long enough to make such a conclusion! I find your theory on this site's attitude based with very few points of data. 54, to be precise. You must have a confused with the Activision forums, or the PlayTheGame forums.

Most who have posted about time shifts, time travel, alternate dimensions, and any other theories must research how each of the above topics are understood in society or in other words learn what your talking about and be diligent with your correct info. I'm sick of lurking and researching to find out that you guys are not correct with your topic let alone your theory on cod zombies storyline......

Well that's exactly your problem. You're lurking. So when you discover someone else is incorrect, you make the executive decision to wallow in ignorance. I'm not saying you should go "YOU'RE ALL WRONG MORONS", but some people would appreciate it if you approached them with "I researched your topic but I found one piece of data you overlooked that hurts your foundation".

(hey if you love spinning yourselves in circles I firmly believe that trey-arch has improvised changed and forgotten a few too many things for zombies to ever be explained in a full consistent full bodied story which has no loopholes in the plot.

Fortunately for them, they don't have to remember. That's what pen-and-paper is for. To write it down. Treyarch themselves admitted to having to write down the story. Maybe not in full, but in pieces no doubt.

Oh yeah by the way the color of the eyes does not directly mean anything about what time they were in...... seriously I thought you guys would have figured out the dev team just jumps to where ever the best setting is with what they want to market to you the consumer allowing flexibility with the variances in the levels themes while also applying an "authentic feel"

Quite incorrect. From the data we have, zombies had blue eyes post-Moon. Yellow between 1917 and 2011 for sure. Red in 1933. So the colors cannot determine the data. But the date can determine the colors. And the color is associated with the controller. Obviously the developers want a good setting. Are you trying to insinuate that we expect the developers to choose a bad setting for sake of the story? No. Gameplay comes first. Then story follows.

Also here is my disclaimer (I'M NOT TRYING TO GET YOU MAD OR OFFEND ANYONE. NOR DO I CARE WHAT YOU THINK AND WILL NOT BE READING ANY REPLIES IF ANYONE EVEN READS THIS) I just gave up on using this site as fact or even a reference website. I used to love lurking on this site for EE info/ whether i found something new but after B02 I avoid this site. Most people that post only care about their number of posts or the color of their name. After reading 4 pages of theories and blathering in this thread I couldn't help but post this. ( This website used to be a good resource now its just conspiracy theory website for a video game....hardly worth most peoples time to theorize with the man online)

You say that.

It's in my opinion the eye color doesn't nessacarily mean anything, the eyes are probably the natural color of the Zombies, and Samantha just kept them.

If anyone is in control, it's whoever was in control in MoTD, or someone else.

Yeah, the time period would yield towards MotD. Eye color definitely means something though, in terms of who we find out is in control. This would, in turn, provide answers to other questions and so on. Sam also was a child when she entered the MPD, so she was innocent and naive. She probably didn't understand the power she had, hence perhaps she didn't harness it fully (leading to what you said, Samantha kept them). Either way, I can't wait to find out!

It's in my opinion the eye color doesn't nessacarily mean anything, the eyes are probably the natural color of the Zombies, and Samantha just kept them.

If anyone is in control, it's whoever was in control in MoTD, or someone else.

Yeah, the time period would yield towards MotD. Eye color definitely means something though, in terms of who we find out is in control. This would, in turn, provide answers to other questions and so on. Sam also was a child when she entered the MPD, so she was innocent and naive. She probably didn't understand the power she had, hence perhaps she didn't harness it fully (leading to what you said, Samantha kept them). Either way, I can't wait to find out!

Yeah, this is how I see it, Samantha was young and naïve and did not know the full extent of her powers, and thus could not harness them fully, hence everything looking the way it did, through her naïve and being a child is the whole reason for the prominence of the Teddy Bears,

Eye Color is very important, historically yellow belongs to Samantha, but it appears that was not always the case, as here in Origins, Samantha wasen't even born yet and was not going to be born for another decade and a half, while blue belongs to Richtofen and Orange to Maxis. ethier way, it will be interesting to find out what the eye color means in Origins, weather it has anything to do with who controlled the Zombies in MoTD or anything at all, it will be interesting.

• Administrators

I know it's a long stretch, but hear me out on this.

We know the eye color dictates the controller in either the Aether or MPD or wherever an entity may control the zombies from. It's already been said that yellow is the default color, but what if the eye color never actually changed when Samantha took control? By this I mean that no actual color was attributed to her in any way.

Lucifer would be signified by a red-hellish color. Richtofen is signified as well but with a blue color. Samantha, however, is not signified by any color at all. Misty (the member above, not character :P ) made a really good point about her not understanding her true potential; the other controllers know what they are capable of doing in terms of ability and power.

Tl;dr: Samantha has no relation to the eye colors.