Yellow Eyes, definitely yellow eyes

yourmapper

That's not entirely true. If you were to stop the event from occurring, then the original intended event, in this case, Richtofen being the first and only person to enter the MPD, would still happen. Thus, that future would never exist to repeat itself.

Look at Future Trunks from DBZ, for example. He came from a future where the Androids destroyed the world basically. However, by coming back, he helped to change that from ever happening. He intervened in the past.

Still, though, if someone intelligent and researched on the subject of the Aether like Richtofen was couldn't do something like time manipulation/ignorance, then what makes anyone think a little girl could?

Ah! Now we're getting into alternate realities/parallel universes. Isn't time travel fun??

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesn't sam say, "there are worse things in here than you richtofen". so there must be something in the mpd before she gets herself in, how old is the mpd? older then the zombies? when did these worse things get in? how much influence did they have over the zombies? so many questions,..

perhaps the eye colour has something to do with the controllers intentions or emotions? red devil pure evil, yellow sam neutral messed up feelings? blue richtofen um,.. playfull, mischievious,? richtofen does seem to be the only one having fun! lol. haven't seen maxis take control yet but orange mix of yellow neutral messed up feelings and red evil, find my daughter kill everyone,..

so these new zombies, if influenced by whatever is in the mpd BEFORE sam arrives, could have neutral intentions-emotions, the glowing eye colour could just suggest that there is in fact some form of influence or controller of some sort, I mean the eyes are glowing when there dead, something has to make the eyes glow,..

so new announcer maybe? and more questions, hopefully this final dlc brings a lot of answers,..

We need to stop this argument about controllers now, the zombies have yellow eyes, so some people would take that as proof of sam or a ancestor of hers being in the MPD, but sam wasn't born in this time so others could argue there is no controller, why don't we just wait a few weeks and find out for ourselves?!

Also:

Why don't we place 2 timebombs...

GENIUS!

*Edit

When I mentioned eye sockets in My eye colour post, you'll see what I mean when you look at Flammenwerfer's avatar pic, (did you name yourself after a certain flamethrower in WAW Flammen? 'cause I swear you could glitch to some dead soldiers and pick it up.)

My head canon is now that yellow is the "stock" color. And Sam just kinda adopted it. When I say "stock", I mean that the original zombies had yellow eyes. Original as in the first zombies exposed to 115.

Are we sure that the tests were actually starting with the zombies at this point? This sentence bothers me with that idea.

Unleashed after the Germans unearthed the mysterious “Element 115,” this next chapter in the Zombies legacy will explore the saga’s origins as players reunite with an unlikely band of soldiers that come together to defeat the greatest evil the world has ever seen, using a period-specific arsenal that includes Wonder Weapons that harness supernatural powers, a diesel-drone and Mark IV tank, as well a new perk machine and power-ups – and that’s just the start.

It makes me feel as though the zombies (and maybe even the robot) were under control as soon as they dug up a 115 meteor. I would get the idea of mind control being a possibility, however, especially with the subliminal picture shown in the teaser. Perhaps it has a linkage to the mech-suit zombies.

Notice the brain is sitting on the stacked boxes to the right, and what appears to be Richtofen's gloves are right next to the cut up guy. Perhaps brain swaps were a usual occurrence for the super soldiers before the resurrections with 115.

My head canon is now that yellow is the "stock" color. And Sam just kinda adopted it. When I say "stock", I mean that the original zombies had yellow eyes. Original as in the first zombies exposed to 115.

That is what I think too, I said people would assume Samantha was in control as she used that colour from Shi No Numa up until Moon. I think it is great that this discussion started with someone stating the colour of the zombie's eyes to paradoxes, Certain controllers and time travel, Treyarch do know how to make our minds to slowly implode while they sit back and watch!

That is what I think too, I said people would assume Samantha was in control as she used that colour from Shi No Numa up until Moon. I think it is great that this discussion started with someone stating the colour of the zombie's eyes to paradoxes, Certain controllers and time travel, Treyarch do know how to make our minds to slowly implode while they sit back and watch!

That's why I love the CoD Zombie community. There is hardly ever a dull moment. I'm glad I finally stopped lurking. :D

doesn't sam say, "there are worse things in here than you richtofen". so there must be something in the mpd before she gets herself in, how old is the mpd? older then the zombies? when did these worse things get in? how much influence did they have over the zombies? so many questions,..

perhaps the eye colour has something to do with the controllers intentions or emotions? red devil pure evil, yellow sam neutral messed up feelings? blue richtofen um,.. playfull, mischievious,? richtofen does seem to be the only one having fun! lol. haven't seen maxis take control yet but orange mix of yellow neutral messed up feelings and red evil, find my daughter kill everyone,..

so these new zombies, if influenced by whatever is in the mpd BEFORE sam arrives, could have neutral intentions-emotions, the glowing eye colour could just suggest that there is in fact some form of influence or controller of some sort, I mean the eyes are glowing when there dead, something has to make the eyes glow,..

so new announcer maybe? and more questions, hopefully this final dlc brings a lot of answers,..

This honestly makes a lot of sense.

and with all the jumping around time things have changed im sure

That is what makes alternate timelines.

doesnt make this one an alternate one though. look, this is a prequel to the zombies story soo how can it be alternate?

Origins:The beginning of something's existence or A person's social background or ancestry

they told us were seeing how the O4 met, explain how the map would be in an alternate universe? cause thats all you kinda said with out explaining lol

I highly agree with you there 115 but if this was (probably not)true worst case scenario the butterfly effect would take place. (I think its called butterfly effect anyway :? ) but other than that this is the Zombie timeline not another.

Maybe we were wrong all along and it is emotions..

Yellow = Confused, sad, love ( for her father or she just adopted the regular zombie colour for herself. Unaware of her power.)

Red = Evil. Pure Evil and hate.

Orange = Evil but Maxis also has that feeling of love for his daughter

Blue = Happy, fun, energetic. Richtofen loves having the power of the aether. He's happier than ever.

Concerning the eyes, I think you're definitely onto something with the intentions thing. Maxis is the closest human we've had in control to pure evil, and his Zombies eyes are orange, halfway between yellow and the MOTD red. Richtofen just seems to be doing things for the hell of it, so the blue colour could signify that.

Just another thing to point out, the whole lights in the sky, appearing/disappearing biplanes and Zeppelins is very, very wound in time/dimensional rifty. It's such a classic sci-fi trope to have things appearing and vanishing out of place when time/dimensional shenanigans are afoot.

I really think the introduction cutscene to this map is going to involve someone going back and doing something to change the timeline, whether that be future Richtofen or whoever. It just makes sense. In our standard Zombies timeline, the O4 cannot have met like this, it goes against the COTD radios. Dempsey was caught at Verruckt, Takeo and Nikolai were caught at some other point and they were all taken to the Dr to be experimented on, in 1945. The radios were very specific about that.

Essentially what I'm saying is, for this map just throw everything that's happened out of the window and stop trying to make it fit. This is a whole new timeline, I'd bet money on it. And that's also why I think they're talking about this whole beginning/end of zombies thing. Someone has caused the O4 to meet early and will presumably instruct them on how to stop everything from ever happening.

It's reflecting the themes from MOTD, ending the cycle.

It's possible that yellow is the "default" color. Samantha just used the default. Lucifer could've just changed them to red when he took control of them during the time loop. Richtofen turned them blue when he gained control. Maxis, orange. The only question that leaves is how Lucifer just came and went.

Anyway, we'll find out.

when is Nacht Der Untoten?

Is Sam not in control when the Nacht event?

No one is in control... Zombies roam freely without a controller, just as they did in Mob of the Dead, no one controls them.

cant say that if you played previous maps my friend ;)

In previous maps they were controlled, almost all of them, but in Mob of the Dead, and this map I don't believe they are controlled

.... They were controlled in Mob of the Dead I don't really know what you're talking about. In Cell block Grief you hear quite a bit of the demonic Announcer that is clearly not Richtofin or Sam. Another thing to note is that their eyes were RED whereas these zombies eyes look to be Yellow.

Concerning the eyes, I think you're definitely onto something with the intentions thing. Maxis is the closest human we've had in control to pure evil, and his Zombies eyes are orange, halfway between yellow and the MOTD red. Richtofen just seems to be doing things for the hell of it, so the blue colour could signify that.

Just another thing to point out, the whole lights in the sky, appearing/disappearing biplanes and Zeppelins is very, very wound in time/dimensional rifty. It's such a classic sci-fi trope to have things appearing and vanishing out of place when time/dimensional shenanigans are afoot.

I really think the introduction cutscene to this map is going to involve someone going back and doing something to change the timeline, whether that be future Richtofen or whoever. It just makes sense. In our standard Zombies timeline, the O4 cannot have met like this, it goes against the COTD radios. Dempsey was caught at Verruckt, Takeo and Nikolai were caught at some other point and they were all taken to the Dr to be experimented on, in 1945. The radios were very specific about that.

Essentially what I'm saying is, for this map just throw everything that's happened out of the window and stop trying to make it fit. This is a whole new timeline, I'd bet money on it. And that's also why I think they're talking about this whole beginning/end of zombies thing. Someone has caused the O4 to meet early and will presumably instruct them on how to stop everything from ever happening.

This. This is brilliant. Well done sir. I have never wished brains to still exist more than this post right here. I agree completely, and I really hope this is what happens. You have a gift for simplifying theories into something so easily understood. Well done. You have my support and my respect, Gambit. Welcome to CoDz.

This. This is brilliant. Well done sir. I have never wished brains to still exist more than this post right here. I agree completely, and I really hope this is what happens. You have a gift for simplifying theories into something so easily understood. Well done. You have my support and my respect, Gambit. Welcome to CoDz.

Haha, thanks, I've been browsing CoDZ since the Blops 1 days but only just started posting really. I've gone pretty deep in following the lore and the story, loved doing the easter eggs on Blops 1 but never managed to find the right teams to do them on Blops 2, most of my friends follow the way of the Xbox. So I always caught up to see the progress with them on here.

But yeah I've got the feeling we're going to learn a lot in Origins, get quite a lot of story progression too. Treyarch would be mad to not tie the whole Blops 2 story together in this DLC, explain the MOTD link, give us some kind of plot resolution even if it does just turn out to be a season finale type thing and not complete ending. And as always, Richtofen is going to be at the heart of it all.

If it ends up being break the cycle, stop Maxis and kill Satan it will be quite epic.

The reason the zombies in MotD have red eyes is because they aren't actually zombies. They are just projections of the controller in that dimension. (The dimension is presumed to be some form of hell, and the controller is lucifer.) their demonic nature is what gives them red eyes, which is stereotypical of evil people.

It is important to note that the zombies on that map aren't actually demons, but are just projections. Think along the lines of the ghost in buried. They are all the same person, but there are multiple of them, and killing one doesn't actually affect the spirit itself. They are all actually just projections.

Another thing to bear in mind is that the controller of the zombies in the MPD cannot time travel. Samantha was stuck there for decades, from the 40s through to moon. That's why she imprisoned Dr. Gersch; she was bored and wanted someone to play with. So we know Samantha couldn't have actually influenced 1917 from the time when she was in control.

I'm also certain that origins is in the same timeline as the rest of zombies, excluding MotD.

So I'm thinking yellow is the default eye color, or some other more elaborate explanation is on the way.

Edit: emotions might still come into play where maxis and richtofen are concerned. However I kinda disagree that maxis is the closest to pure evil a human has been thus far. Maxis at least wants to reunite with his daughter. He loves her more than life and would do anything to save her, even destroy the planet. He isn't nearly as blatantly malicious as Richtofen, the sadist who only cares about his own amusement, and causes the agonizing death of the planet's inhabitants just for the lulz.

Edit: emotions might still come into play where maxis and richtofen are concerned. However I kinda disagree that maxis is the closest to pure evil a human has been thus far. Maxis at least wants to reunite with his daughter. He loves her more than life and would do anything to save her, even destroy the planet. He isn't nearly as blatantly malicious as Richtofen, the sadist who only cares about his own amusement, and causes the agonizing death of the planet's inhabitants just for the lulz.

Yes but he still is destroying the entire planet. His intentions are evil yet also loving at the same time. This is why we get the mix of red and yellow for orange eyes. Samantha was trying to kill the remnants of G935 out of love for her dad and did think it was all a big game. She didn't have that evil in her. It was too innocent, now Maxis knows exactly what he's doing and the evil implications of it.

Richtofen while evil, is mainly having fun. It's how their emotions toward their actions are. Richtofen doesn't see it evil, he see's it as fun. Maxis knows it's evil but it's also out of love. Samantha is doing it purely from love for her father and thinks it's a game, she doesn't view it as evil.

EDIT: All just a theory here, not trying to pass all this off as true. I feel this makes more sense then our current reasoning though for the eye colour change.

Richtofen while evil, is mainly having fun. It's how their emotions toward their actions are. Richtofen doesn't see it evil, he see's it as fun. Maxis knows it's evil but it's also out of love. Samantha is doing it purely from love for her father and thinks it's a game, she doesn't view it as evil.

Yeah that makes sense. I was looking at it from a 3rd person perspective. Objectively Richtofen is more evil than maxis. However looking through there eyes, maxis is more aware that what he is doing is evil. Even after he is ejected from his seat of power, Richtofen says "Maxis is always ruining mein fun und games!"

Yeah that makes sense. I was looking at it from a 3rd person perspective. Objectively Richtofen is more evil than maxis. However looking through there eyes, maxis is more aware that what he is doing is evil. Even after he is ejected from his seat of power, Richtofen says "Maxis is always ruining mein fun und games!"

Exactly

...HOWEVER! :mrgreen:

That being said, I think we may be looking into this a bit too deeply.

For example, for the latter part of her reign of terror, Samantha is just sorta "meh" about the whole zombie situation. However, immediately following her father's apparent murder, her intentions are truly evil, as the only task she had in mind Is to "kill them all." Why then don't her eyes change to reflect her rage? Look at the song "coming home." It's from her perspective, and it says "I swear to you I'll kill them all. I'll make them suffer." That doesn't seem like an innocent little girl who is under the impression that she is just playing a game; Sam means business.

On the other end, when Sam is threatening to "slice you apart and expose your rotten innards." That seems like she has some decidedly evil intentions.

You could argue that she is too young to understand what she's doing or that it isn't just a game, but I'm not convinced of that. Besides biologically she's like 80+ years old, so I think she has enough experience to know that what she is doing is real.

Edit: let me rephrase that a bit.

Each person or entity who has controlled the zombies had had a unique eye color, besides the apparent default color yellow. If their emotions affect their eye color, why does it never change? Obviously they have more than one emotion. If its just based off of their main emotion that drives their actions, why wouldn't sam's be closer to red too? She's pretty evil.

I'm not entirely convinced. I think it would be mych more simple if each character just had their own eye color by which to identify them.

...HOWEVER! :mrgreen:

That being said, I think we may be looking into this a bit too deeply.

For example, for the latter part of her reign of terror, Samantha is just sorta "meh" about the whole zombie situation. However, immediately following her father's apparent murder, her intentions are truly evil, as the only task she had in mind Is to "kill them all." Why then don't her eyes change to reflect her rage? Look at the song "coming home." It's from her perspective, and it says "I swear to you I'll kill them all. I'll make them suffer." That doesn't seem like an innocent little girl who is under the impression that she is just playing a game; Sam means business.

On the other end, when Sam is threatening to "slice you apart and expose your rotten innards." That seems like she has some decidedly evil intentions.

You could argue that she is too young to understand what she's doing or that it isn't just a game, but I'm not convinced of that. Besides biologically she's like 80+ years old, so I think she has enough experience to know that what she is doing is real.

True, I love theorizing though, it's fun. Only on Moon really do we see her that evil though. In many of the other EE songs she mentions thinking that everything is in her head and part of her imagination. Maybe it's just an oversight from Treyarch or you found the one hole in the logic for it being their emotions.

EDIT: I'm still thinking that over in my head. Still just a theory though. This all just makes me want to have Origins already and see who our demonic announcer will be this time.

I'm not just trying to discredit your theory or anything. Like I said it's perfectly possible. There's just not enough evidence to call it either way yet.

I too love a good debate. I'm a master debater. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I'm just going to stay nuetral now on if eye colour is based off emotion or just with there being a new person. It's probably just Treyarch way of letting us know it's someone different and we're all looking to deep into it.

What's really been bugging me is that no one has mentioned that the giant robots eyes are yellow as well. Surely it's not just 1 zombie controlling those huge things? Yet their visor/eyes/ show up as a very bright yellow.

Let's ask ourselves what 115 does. It takes hold of a non-living host and manipulates it. Zombies infected with 115 can survive and attack without their entire head, let alone their brain. They don't openly bleed when shot so their hearts are useless, and they don't use lungs as they breathe underwater. What does this tell us? 115 does NOT necessarily employ already existing bodily functions.

While it is thought to reanimate individual dead cells, it can still reanimate and mobilize an organism which was previously damaged beyond the point where it could support life. In other words it can (by a slight stretch) reanimate an inanimate object. Essentially a beheaded human corpse is just that. Like I said, it is thought to reanimate dead cells, but I can imagine it manipulating an inanimate object.

Like I said 115 doesn't use any pre-existing bodily functions; the cells are reanimated individually. However in order for the somatic cells to work in conjunction, the nervous system (or a makeshift one) would have to be used. How? By transmitting electrical signals or impulses. As we know, 115 has electrical properties. I don't see why 115 couldn't manipulate an electrical humanoid in a similar way. The yellow eyes, then, would simply signify that the machine is affected by 115, without a master in the MPD.

...but don't ask me. I'm no doctor. Just a random idea that occurred to me.

Let's ask ourselves what 115 does. It takes hold of a non-living host and manipulates it. Zombies infected with 115 can survive and attack without their entire head, let alone their brain. They don't openly bleed when shot so their hearts are useless, and they don't use lungs as they breathe underwater. What does this tell us? 115 does NOT necessarily employ already existing bodily functions.

While it is thought to reanimate individual dead cells, it can still reanimate and mobilize an organism which was previously damaged beyond the point where it could support life. In other words it can (by a slight stretch) reanimate an inanimate object. Essentially a beheaded human corpse is just that. Like I said, it is thought to reanimate dead cells, but I can imagine it manipulating an inanimate object.

Like I said 115 doesn't use any pre-existing bodily functions; the cells are reanimated individually. However in order for the somatic cells to work in conjunction, the nervous system (or a makeshift one) would have to be used. How? By transmitting electrical signals or impulses. As we know, 115 has electrical properties. I don't see why 115 couldn't manipulate an electrical humanoid in a similar way. The yellow eyes, then, would simply signify that the machine is affected by 115, without a master in the MPD.

...but don't ask me. I'm no doctor. Just a random idea that occurred to me.

Good points. I almost forgot 115 has electrical elements to it.

Samantha is the closest thing we have to a saint in Zombies.

Only because of her has humanity survived. The Vril-Ya made the MPD. And somehow the devil was able to torture people by controlling zombies. Remember the torment at Alcatraz? Yeah. That is just ONE instance of what he was capable of.

However, someone stopped his reign of terror. A little girl overrode the system. Took control. What did she want? Did she want to torture sinners? Did she want to mess with time and space? Did she want to kill innocent people? No. All she wanted to do was to carry out her father's last will and testament, which was to kill one man: Richtofen (who certainly was not innocent).

It would be 70 years that she would try to kill him, and try and do that alone, until eventually she was defeated. Because of Samantha pacifying the devil, she spared all of mankind the fate the mobsters in Alcatraz received. Samantha saved us all.

However, an angel can fall. So let us hope that Maxis's actions don't corrupt her any further.