New Starting Pistol

TheBSZombie

So the Mauser is our new starting pistol, so will we see the M&S return? probably not exactly. Maybe some different version of the M&S. Hopefullly the same damage output without the splash damage. All I know is that Im going to to not let go of that pistol.

A second thing. I wonder if it will have the same damage output/clip size and stuff. If not then im going to have to retrain myself. I have been using that m1911 for a couple years and point whoring is something I do on a regular basis.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't even know if Pack-a-punch is returning. We may get an attachment sort of this which makes this gun shoot like sallies? Or we may get something similar out of the box. Either way Mustang and sallies are not as popular as they were in BO1. We also now have Mark 2 that does not give us any splash damage.

EDIT: M1911 can be a wall gun or a box weapon.

We don't even know if Pack-a-punch is returning. We may get an attachment sort of this which makes this gun shoot like sallies? Or we may get something similar out of the box. Either way Mustang and sallies are not as popular as they were in BO1. We also now have Mark 2 that does not give us any splash damage.

I remember talk about the M1911 being in the box (Specially shi no numa and MotD) but with an impossible chance of getting it.

yeah the absence of flopper (for the most part) definitely caused a decrease in M&S usage for sure

I saw some idiot saying that the robot's steps open up the pack a punch. And that there is a 1 in 1000 chance of him stepping in the right spot to open up the PaP. lmao.

But yea I think the pack a punch will be in this game. It will show the origins of the pack a punch. Maybe we will see the pap for the first time and then are characters say some quote like wtf is this. And then you see germany take it or something. And thats how it got to Der Reise.

I had not thought about the M&S thing, I rarely use them but people in my group like them. They said it was a new weapon with a diesel punk twist, so I see PaP as just making it faster and hopefully duel wield.

I'm thinking that they'll be like dual Ray Gun Mark II's or Dual Wield Zap guns, but less powerful.

I can definitely see the M1911 being a box weapon. It's coded in there already; Treyarch just has to make it possible for the playter to obtain without having to already have every other weapon in their inventory.

Also, I don't think we'll see the Pack-a-Punch per se, but rather the machine that inspired the Pack-a-Punch. This is evidenced by Richtofen not knowing what it exactly was in Der Riese (the first map with the machine). Of course, it is entirely possible that we could see a phasing PaP like in MotD instead.

I can definitely see the M1911 being a box weapon. It's coded in there already; Treyarch just has to make it possible for the playter to obtain without having to already have every other weapon in their inventory.

Also, I don't think we'll see the Pack-a-Punch per se, but rather the machine that inspired the Pack-a-Punch. This is evidenced by Richtofen not knowing what it exactly was in Der Riese (the first map with the machine). Of course, it is entirely possible that we could see a phasing PaP like in MotD instead.

Agreed. But we don't even know how they'll bring back the perks... and I don't think they'll use the same concept of MotD again. "Phasing" perks and pack-a-punch seems unlikely to happen.

Call it a hunch, but I'm thinking they're gonna make use of that dieselpunk setting they were talking about.

I had not thought about the M&S thing, I rarely use them but people in my group like them. They said it was a new weapon with a diesel punk twist, so I see PaP as just making it faster and hopefully duel wield.

I'm thinking that they'll be like dual Ray Gun Mark II's or Dual Wield Zap guns, but less powerful.

The Ray Gun Mark II isn't dual wield.

Maybe it can be an attachment for all guns! After all this is likely pre-pack-a-punch era..... Maybe we have to BUILD how we upgrade our weapons....

Now that I doubt. When an attachment is added to a gun, it's basically considered a separate gun in the system. Could you imagine just two or three separate attachments that could be added to every gun? That would take up way too much memory. It couldn't be just one attachment, either, because who wants a scope on every weapon to "upgrade" it?

The Ray Gun Mark II isn't dual wield.

I know, but that's how I imagine the new starting pistol pack a punched. It would work like a Ray Gun Mark II, but dual wielded. Ya feel me?

I wouldn't mind if it was like the C3000 b1at-ch35, or actually turned into it. That way you have the M&S feature there kinda.

YES! That would be good, as it seems to have the same stats as a single Mustang/sally, but with a lot less self damage, It is good to see someone that remembers that the Colt M1911 didn't upgrade originally to the M&S.

I have to admit, I do sometimes miss some of the WaW PaP'ed weapons. The Reaper was (aloong with many others) one of my favourite weapons, but I also remember the C300 fondly. Hell, I was even a fan of the M1A1 Carbine PaP'ed (cannot remember its name) because I liked the fact it became a full auto weapon.

World At War Pack-A-Punch was good.