Why "Origins" is the Final Map ~Theory~

Naitrax

Hey guys, Naitrax here with another thread. This one here is explaining why I think that Origins will be the final Zombies map

From what we have seen, this map will include many amazing things. For starters, we are getting the O4 back, but not as we expected. This map is a prequel to the series. Lets get into the theory, why don't we?

I have a feeling that in this map, we will get some very special achievements. Now, this is all just a theory, but I do believe them to have some credit.

Summoning Circle

In Origins, summon the power of the gods.

Reasons: In the poster, there is what looks to be a circle of stones and an ethereal beam of light (similar to the Nuketown loading screen)

We All Fall Down

In Origins, topple the Metal Man.

Reasons: We know there is a Metal Man (or Automaton) who is 1000 feet tall. This name just really fits with it.

Carrion

In Origins, feast on the blood of the fallen.

Reasons: We know the Doctor is somewhat insane. We also know that there is a cult called the Flesh, and they eat human meat. This was never explained properly in its relation to the storyline and this seems reasonable.

Where Are We Going?

In Origins, discover the Teleporter.

Reasons: This is a no-brainer. When you come across a Teleporter and finally figure out how to operate it, your first thought would be "Where does it lead?" or "Where are we going?"

Always Running

In Origins, evade the Metal Man on Round 30 or higher

Reasons: This just seems logical.

Nightmare

In Origins, end the feud before it even begins.

Reasons: The feud between Maxis and Richtofen. The entire storyline of Black Ops 2 so far. Since we are heading back to before the proper beginning, is it possible we could defeat Maxis/Richtofen before they can become tyrants? Certainly the beginning of the feud would be a nightmare...

Why do I think that the names of the EE songs for the past 5 maps will be the Achievement names? I don't really know. But it just feels right. These ideas came to me and that's what I believe. Thank you for taking the time to read this and your feedback would be much appreciated.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post, Very nice theories :D

However I have 1 problem with the "Nightmare achievement Theory".

If we change the future in the past then nothing would of happened therefore the feud wouldn't be there in the first place. Unless there was a Variable (In form of the new 4?), but from the trailer it just looks like the original 4 which would only mean everything is constant. From the title "Origins" It would be safe to assume we see how everything is started in comparison with changing things.

That's just how I see it anyway :P

It will be one epic map though I'm sure!

Great post, Very nice theories :D

However I have 1 problem with the "Nightmare achievement Theory".

If we change the future in the past then nothing would of happened therefore the feud wouldn't be there in the first place. Unless there was a Variable (In form of the new 4?), but from the trailer it just looks like the original 4 which would only mean everything is constant. From the title "Origins" It would be safe to assume we see how everything is started in comparison with changing things.

That's just how I see it anyway :P

It will be one epic map though I'm sure!

Thank you!

The feud was going on from the time that Maxis began to shun Richtofen's idea of the MTD. Therefore, if, from what the Letters from the Field say, Maxis and Richtofen would have begun their ongoing feud. And, who's to say that Maxis and Richtofen didn't come back here from the future? I know they look younger but who's to say that extremely prolonged exposure to 115 didn't do that? It has many uses of which we may not be aware...

Hmmm that is all plausible,

But do you think Maxis could really come back from the future? I mean think about it, Maxis wants to save his daughter and Richtofen just wants to wreck havoc... Where would the incentive to come back be? 'Cause that would cause a paradox, them coming back to change the future would cease them to exist :P

UNLESS. This "devil" person we keep hearing of is actually Richtofen where power has gone to his head (remember the longer you stay in the aether the more you go demonic as seen with the songs). And he decides to go back to start a cycle where he is in control... I dunno xD

Dude this Nightmare achievement sounds like we're going to be doing something like in Mob of the Dead where we could make a choice to Break the Cycle at the end or have it continue I'm getting tingles at what the implications of this could be.

I wonder if it'll be the same announcer from Mob as well seeing as it takes place before Samantha or Richtofin is in control

The Carrion theory would be plausible if this wasn't the very first map, IIRC Edward eat the flesh of the undead in between Der Reise and Kino, which is why his quotes aren't cannibalistic in Shi No or Der Reise but are on Kino.

And the Press Release details that the Metal Men (or Drones as described) are used for our benefit, not hostile like Brutus. No reason to be evading him.

The Carrion theory would be plausible if this wasn't the very first map, IIRC Edward eat the flesh of the undead in between Der Reise and Kino, which is why his quotes aren't cannibalistic in Shi No or Der Reise but are on Kino.

And the Press Release details that the Metal Men (or Drones as described) are used for our benefit, not hostile like Brutus. No reason to be evading him.

Not true. It says:

Players will need all the help they can get to succeed in defeating the undead, as well as evading an unprecedented 1,000-foot tall robot abomination.

So, looks like the PR actually confirmed that the robot is hostile.

Not true. It says:

Players will need all the help they can get to succeed in defeating the undead, as well as evading an unprecedented 1,000-foot tall robot abomination.

So, looks like the PR actually confirmed that the robot is hostile.

Hmm.. Well then I stand corrected. Thought I read somewhere we'd be helped by drones and tanks or something.

However my Carrion statement is still logical so I'm half right..

I have a feeling that in this map, we will get some very special achievements. Now, this is all just a theory, but I do believe them to have some credit.

Why do I think that the names of the EE songs for the past 5 maps will be the Achievement names? I don't really know. But it just feels right. These ideas came to me and that's what I believe. Thank you for taking the time to read this and your feedback would be much appreciated.

Yes these are his theories ETEl2NAL407 .

Ah thanks, yes...Just wanted to confirm my suspicions.

Overall, these theories are good. I'm sure at least one of these will be very close to, if not exactly, the achievement we'll actually see.

I'm thinking something with the tanks and drones will definitely be involved, much like the buildables were incorporated in other BO:2 maps.

I think we'll see maybe one or two very cryptic achievements, like the EE's have been (ToB, High Maintenance, Mined Games) which gave us very little in the form of description. I don't think they'll all be as cryptic as your theories, Naitrax...Or were you just trying to theorize about the main EE?

As long as we have another very challenging achievement like "Awaken the Gazebo" I'll be happy.

My "Carrion" and "Nightmare" Theories have just been disproved within the new map pack preview for Apocalypse:

In that, they say that this is confirmed to be when we meet them for the first time. Anyone who said that before this kinda read between the lines but still. It was all theory.