Apocalypse News Now: Your #1 Place For Apocalypse DLC News

Naitrax

Official Poster

APOCALYPSE NEWS NOW

Hey guys, Nai here bringing you my comeback thread! This thread is going to be the most comprehensive coverage of official information for the new Black Ops 2 DLC, Apocalypse (releasing August 27th on Xbox Live)

Release Date

Apocalypse has been 110% confirmed by Treyarch to be released on August 27.

Trailers

Trailer #1: Vine™ Video Teaser:

Trailer #2: Map Pack Preview:

Images

Treyarch have released a little series of images titled "Letters from the Field". Our good member GRILL has compiled a thread relating to those over here.

Official Statements

Treyarch have made a press release addressing the DLC. Credit to the article over on Gamasutra for this information.

Call of Duty®: Black Ops II : Apocalypse

London, UK – 8 th August, 2013 – The epic climax of Activision and Treyarch’s Call of Duty®: Black Ops II Downloadable Content (DLC) Season Pass culminates with Apocalypse . Available first on the Xbox Live® online entertainment network from Microsoft on 27 th August, the game’s fourth and final DLC Pack delivers four thrilling, diverse multiplayer maps and the all-new wildly creative Zombies experience - “ Origins”.

With Apocalypse , Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard (Nasdaq: ATVI) and its award-winning studio Treyarch have partnered with award-winning Warner Bros. Records rock band, Avenged Sevenfold, who contribute the song, “ Shepherd of Fire” from their upcoming album, “ Hail to the King,” to the Zombies experience, which will be featured in the intro cinematic video for “ Origins”. Along with Avenged Sevenfold, famed comics illustrator and painter, Alex Ross, has also lent his talent to “ Origins”, providing original art that features the original Zombies heroes. One of the most esteemed comic book artists of all time, Ross is most famous for his work with DC and Marvel Comics and has won many notable awards for his artistic design.

“ Apocalypse is Treyarch’s grand finale to Call of Duty: Black Ops II ”, said Treyarch Studio Head, Mark Lamia. “It is the perfect culmination of our efforts and fan feedback, with two all-new multiplayer maps for players to experience for the first time and two fully reimagined fan-favourite multiplayer maps from past games – and Origins , our most epic Zombies experience to date. Apocalypse is a DLC pack that our fans will never forget.”

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Apocalypse delivers four diverse multiplayer maps:

· Pod: A failed utopian community from the 70’s has left stacks of dilapidated residential pods nestled into an abandoned cliff side in Taiwan. Its residents long gone, the modernist compound now hosts frenetic combat as players must run atop the pods, as well as navigate their multi-tiered interiors for a strategic edge.

· Frost: Fresh snow meets explosive gunpowder in this snow-capped European city, where the bridge over a frozen canal separates it into two sides, requiring players to employ multi-level traversal strategies to outsmart and ultimately outshoot their enemies.

· Takeoff: Fans of “ Stadium” from the original Call of Duty®: Black Ops First Strike DLC will find themselves at home on “Takeoff.” Marooned in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, this remote launch site is all about close-quarters combat, combining tight corners with open spaces for intense encounters.

· Dig: An adaptation of the fan-favourite “ Courtyard” from Call of Duty®: World at War, where two archaeological dig sites in Afghanistan become the perfect playground for combatants eager for hectic, unceasing confrontations. Treyarch, has retained the spirit of “ Courtyard” with two major chokepoints, a wide open layout and raised platforms, but has provided fans with a fresh take on the multitude of paths.

In addition to the four maps, Apocalypse also reveals Origins , the most horrifying and imaginative Zombies experience to date. Players will be deployed to Dieselpunk-stylised World War I-era France where they will encounter the return of the four original heroes from the very first Zombies map, Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Rictofen, as well as hordes of zombies that have overrun trenches and fields, as well as the ruins of a mysterious and ancient location.

Unleashed after the Germans unearthed the mysterious “Element 115,” this next chapter in the Zombies legacy will explore the saga’s origins as players reunite with an unlikely band of soldiers that come together to defeat the greatest evil the world has ever seen, using a period-specific arsenal that includes Wonder Weapons that harness supernatural powers, a diesel-drone and Mark IV tank, as well a new perk machine and power-ups – and that’s just the start. Players will need all the help they can get to succeed in defeating the undead, as well as evading an unprecedented 1,000-foot tall robot abomination. In this stylised undead adventure, they’ll need every advantage if they have any hope of surviving one of Treyarch’s deepest Zombies experiences to date.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Apocalypse will be available first, exclusively on Xbox Live for the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft for 1200 Microsoft Points on 27 th August, with other platforms to follow. Players who have already purchased the Season Pass can download Apocalypse as soon as it becomes available. Call of Duty: Black Ops II is rated PEGI 18. More information on Call of Duty: Black Ops II can be found at http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2 or on http://www.facebook.com/codblackops. Fans can also follow @Treyarch on Twitter.

Link to Press Release

Characters

In Origins, we will be getting back the fan-favourite Original Four characters. There is also a giant Metal Man (automaton) who we must evade!

New Weapons

So far, we have seen two new confirmed weapons: the Mauser (a pistol which is replacing the M1911) and the MG08.

Thank you very much for reading this thread and I hope you will check back for details as they are released!

~Naitrax (Nai)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No leaks. I deleted everything, but this is your final warning, if you see a leak, report it. If you post a leak, you will punished with a warning or most likely a ban.

What out of this thread was a leak? I really do not understand.

Not from your Post, someone posted a bunch of leaked info about the map. Mods quickly deleted it.

No leaks. I deleted everything, but this is your final warning, if you see a leak, report it. If you post a leak, you will punished with a warning or most likely a ban.

What out of this thread was a leak? I really do not understand.

Not from your Post, someone posted a bunch of leaked info about the map. Mods quickly deleted it.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was starting to panic lol.

Allow me to go 'splode at that sexy trailer

Exactly. DAYUM. Those new guns, am I right? This map is gonna be GODLY.

IKR? I honestly wish all weapons were WW1 styled I wanted atleast a chance to get my PPSH back :c And did anyone else notice the Character Models are different from the Origins video? Nikolia's beard isn't as long, Richtofen's Mustache while sexy is more grown out, Takeo's is changed. It just hit me there.

Allow me to go 'splode at that sexy trailer

Exactly. DAYUM. Those new guns, am I right? This map is gonna be GODLY.

IKR? I honestly wish all weapons were WW1 styled I wanted atleast a chance to get my PPSH back :c And did anyone else notice the Character Models are different from the Origins video? Nikolia's beard isn't as long, Richtofen's Mustache while sexy is more grown out, Takeo's is changed. It just hit me there.

Before yesterday, I didn't care about Origins one bit.

But now, with DAT MUSTACHE HOLY SKAGLICKS!

And youa re right I think....

COuld we be seeing some in-map time trave-

It just hit me. EE for this map is freeing our future selves from the Moon.

^THEORY NOT FACT JUST SAYING

That sounds like a nice EE honestly! That or the YO4 have CoTD type EE with the O4. We know we are getting our normal round starting music back from when Sam was in charge. The eyes are yellow, Mystery Box light is blue still. Tank is the bus without the walls. 2 new weapons neither are WW it seems, giant robots, mini robots also perhaps. This map is gonna be the best ever or the worst. Just depends if Treyarch plays their cards right

In the trailer, you can see Nikolai holding the Ballista with an iron sight... you might wanna add that the OP.

We don't know for certain that it is the Balista. I am only adding the confirmed things to the OP

I can 100% confirm that is an Iron Sight Ballista. I've played MP extensively and sniped almost constantly. That is the Ballista with Iron Sights. There's no other gun in this whole game that's even close to looking like it. I don't have a single doubt in my mind it's that gun. The stock and colour are the exact same as the standard Ballista and so is the top rail where the scope would be since this has Iron Sights.

Also to point out, the gun clearly isn't PaP'd yet it has an Iron Sight? Maybe they just don't give us a scope with it once we acquire it?