The towers might not have meant anything....

TheBSZombie

I have a strong feeling since we are going back in time that these towers had no purpose at all. Or had no purpose in this map. I think that the buried was the end all of easter eggs with the button and we will see something entirely unrelated in the final dlc as the easter egg.

Think about it, we had an "awesome" reward in buried. we had two maps leading up to it. Both of these can be related to moon.

Moon had cotd and shangri la that lead up to its grand finale. And then they left us with a cliffhanger by blowing up the damn earth. Now fast forward to buried.

Buried had Tranzit and Die Rise that led up to its grand finale. And then then they left us with a cliffhanger by giving power to one of the two evil forces.

So I think that we are done with the whole Richtofen vs Maxis. And then we will see the continuation in bo3.

This is all speculation. And I would actually hate if this was true. Made me feel like I wasted my time kind of.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no "cliffhanger",

For Richtofen's side, you get to kill Maxis and Richtofen shares bodies with Stuhlinger.

For Maxis' side, Maxis eternally damn Richtofen to repeatedly die over and over and hopes to save his daughter, Samantha, which he states to be in Agartha. (I believe this was the true ending.)

Also when doing Richtofen's side you go into infinity mode, which he states that this is the character's fate (to die)

So if things go like they did for BO1, there will be another map pack after Apocalypse that will conclude the "Tower" saga

Honestly after writing that i feel like those easter eggs were a waste...

They weren't a waste. They were there to advance the storyline, just like any other side quest. If you think that they weren't important, then whatever, that's you, but you cannot deny that they were there for nothing. Buried was the conclusion to the BOII storyline. Origins the introduction to the entire Zombies storyline.

If anything, the story will "continue" in Treyarch's next game.

There is a cliffhanger. What happens to Richtofen. What does he do with his control. Does maxis get to Agartha and what happens to the Earth.

They weren't a waste. They were there to advance the storyline, just like any other side quest. If you think that they weren't important, then whatever, that's you, but you cannot deny that they were there for nothing. Buried was the conclusion to the BOII storyline. Origins the introduction to the entire Zombies storyline.

If anything, the story will "continue" in Treyarch's next game.

I should have put more thought into the diction I used. I just thought that the towers were going to play some huge role in the final map. But I don't think they will. I only think they will play a part in the next cod with zombies.

There's no "cliffhanger",

For Richtofen's side, you get to kill Maxis and Richtofen shares bodies with Stuhlinger.

For Maxis' side, Maxis eternally damn Richtofen to repeatedly die over and over and hopes to save his daughter, Samantha, which he states to be in Agartha. (I believe this was the true ending.)

Also when doing Richtofen's side you go into infinity mode, which he states that this is the character's fate (to die)

So if things go like they did for BO1, there will be another map pack after Apocalypse that will conclude the "Tower" saga

Honestly after writing that i feel like those easter eggs were a waste...

Someone confirmed from Treyarch (I read this on my phone at work, before I came home earlier, so I don't have the source on hand) that Apocalypse is the final DLC for BO2. We won't be seeing anymore map packs, so I'd dispell that hope of further DLC for this game.

As far as the N4 easter eggs, they were worth something. I have a strong feeling that in 3arc's next COD title, we'll see the start of a new chapter, with Maxis in charge, like we had Richtofen at the start of this one. Just my guess, though.

I have a strong feeling since we are going back in time that these towers had no purpose at all. Or had no purpose in this map. I think that the buried was the end all of easter eggs with the button and we will see something entirely unrelated in the final dlc as the easter egg.

Think about it, we had an "awesome" reward in buried. we had two maps leading up to it. Both of these can be related to moon.

Moon had cotd and shangri la that lead up to its grand finale. And then they left us with a cliffhanger by blowing up the damn earth. Now fast forward to buried.

Buried had Tranzit and Die Rise that led up to its grand finale. And then then they left us with a cliffhanger by giving power to one of the two evil forces.

So I think that we are done with the whole Richtofen vs Maxis. And then we will see the continuation in bo3.

This is all speculation. And I would actually hate if this was true. Made me feel like I wasted my time kind of.

exactly how I feel BS.... i feel like they maybe just decided to cut their losses with the N4 as opposed to forcing us to play one more map with them (being as there was overwhelming support for bringing back the O4)

I can understand what you are saying, however they were not unimportant- just unimportant to Origins. To the branching story (and specifically the BO2 story) the towers were VERY important.

I agree that Treyarch has concluded with a huge cliff hanger. Personally I believe they did this purposely to open a huge new chapter in the story, which they have done with previous games:

World at War- Introduced teleportation, which eventually allowed the O4 time traveling-capabilities and sent them to the Cold War era.

Black Ops- Richtofen gained control of the Aether's energy and the Earth was heavily damaged to sever his link with Earth (which failed).

Black Ops II- Maxis enacted his Plan B, however he revealed it was a front to his real goals and planned to completely obliterate the Earth (Richtofen's ending is more than likely going to be considered non-cannon).

I feel like we'll get an Metro 1/Last Light situation here. (without giving anything away)

At the end of the first Metro game Artyom (the player) was given a choice that would result in two drastically different endings (Ending A and B). Now in the sequel; Metro Last Light, the game basicly went with 'in our game - Artyom has chosen Ending A' B was considered non-canon. I think in Treyarch's next game we learn that our crew sided with Maxis all the way through and now they'll have to find some way to save Earth.

This way, the towers served a purpose. They gave us the chance to experience two different 'endings' to Zombies. And they set the stage for the battle against a real villain (sorry Doc) - Maxis.

I'm with you, I thought the navcards would be way more important. There were some pretty good theories about them too. Oh well.

Agreed. We all thought they would lead to something epic, and in the end, no one really knows what they were for, except activating the box of course.

As for the easter eggs themselves... they were all pretty poor, in execution and reward. Tranzit gave us nothing story related really, except lies from both parties. Richtofen claimed Maxis would kill us all with the Dam he built, and Maxis himself proclaimed he was building a repolarization device.

We then went to Die Rise and got no real story information from either party, but instead, a load of cryptic quotes related to the steps as opposed to the story or what they were actually trying to achieve.

Buried gave us the most information, but only if all sides were aligned and we activated the box.

Well... it was good doing Richtofen's even though the reward at the end was devalued by the fact that 4 guns is unnecessary, and a permanent fire sale is novel, there is far too much points to be made on the map, that coupled with the bank, means that points are not an issue, no permanent sale is needed. Infact, all the EE's are pretty much redundant, and not worth doing anymore either.

Tranzit reward = Power Up Drop : Devalued by the fact they are easy to obtain in-game.

Die Rise reward = All perks : Devalued by the fact that the are easily obtainable from the Nova Crawlers.

Buried reward = Permanent Perks : Devalued by the persistent Tombstone perk that EVERYONE seems to have now.

Maxis alignment reward : Nothing. A blue eyed zombie who drops a perk every now and again. Zombies eyes turn orange for remainder of game.

Richtofen alignment reward : 4 gun Mule Kick, permanent fire sale - Devalued by having Mule Kick and a fridge on the map already, and the fact points are extremely easy to earn in-game, and then the bank of course.

Overall, I really did expect so much more from them. To go from CotD, Shangri La and Moon, to Tranzit was awful, and the lack of imagination in the rewards is really disappointing.

Navcards had so much potential, but we STILL do not know exactly what we were powering with them, just that when we did, the higher power managed to succeed in their goal.

Shame...

A shame indeed, but don't hang up your hats until this last DLC is out, you never know what crazy piece we'll find that could change the way we look at all maps.

Or, it could always just be a flop.

Nah I see origins as being my downfall school wise. I see myself staying up all night and just completely f**king up my sleep schedule again. At least this time I have a truck and I will have enough time to start the download before I go to school. Motd and Die Rise I was only able to play for a couple hours due to a complicated housing issue.

I still believe that possibly there are other things in BO1 and BO2 that haven't been discovered. If they go back to the origins, what about the Mexican or the blank picture on Kino. Perhaps it's Maxis' picture, I don't know. But the EE for Origins may explain the towers and everything, after all the time travel and teleporting. Hell the O4 may end up going back and killing Samantha when she was a baby :lol: . But I think it's definitely advancing the story, just because so many questions have been unanswered. (Every story has an end)

I really hope the towers have something to do with the final map pack... i don't feel satisfied with the buried "ending".... There wasn't even an achievement for linking all the towers and pushing the button... If it wasn't for the buried easter egg I wouldn't care so much, but that does... hold on... : (russman) That sure was a lota hassle for not much reward...

It just seems a bit extreme: In BO1 one person had to have done the COTD and Shangri-la easter eggs and then the full moon easter egg would unlock, we got to blow up the earth and we got a smooth 100gs for it along side all perks for the game...

Now we need four people to compete the Tranzit, Die rise, and Buried easter eggs, and link the nav card tables, to unlock the button, which when pushed reveals one of two endings... Both of which have mysterious problems... No extra GS and the only reward is either a richtofen zombie which always leaves drops, (which doesn't really matter considering ANYONE can just purchase drops easily using the bank-sharing bit) or a permeant firesale and mule kick plus: (Which also doesn't matter, hitting the box to get weapons is fairly useless after round 20, you need to stick with good weapons that you PAPed... And having 4 guns can actually be a bad thing: Need your ray gun? 1 gun 2gun 3 gun DOWN!)

It would be HUGELY DISAPPOINTING and honestly, disgusting of trayarch to do this....

The least one could have done was create a sort of rank-prize that would, oh say, make your skull's eyes turn yellow for maxis and be covered in blood, and have the eyes stay blue and now covered in blood skull for richtofen....

Or maybe a wonder weapon would be a cool thing, like in COTD, we could see gersh devices for doing all that.... Or upgraded monkeys....

It just seems ONE game of SLIGHTLY helpful essence does not compare to a real reward... The whole thing FEELS like we're only half done... But it looks like we are fully done... How sad...

In my opinion the reason a lot of people are complaining about the BO2 story arc ending is that it wasn't the final DLC. If it was I think more people would have accepted it as a decent end setting up the next game, They didn't quite blow up the earth but it finished the maxis vs Richtofen battle.

They wanted to do something unique and amazing for the final DLC so they went back to the very start and we will have to wait and see what end they have in store for origins

In my opinion the reason a lot of people are complaining about the BO2 story arc ending is that it wasn't the final DLC. If it was I think more people would have accepted it as a decent end setting up the next game, They didn't quite blow up the earth but it finished the maxis vs Richtofen battle.

They wanted to do something unique and amazing for the final DLC so they went back to the very start and we will have to wait and see what end they have in store for origins

This is exactly why im like blahhhh.. If they hyped buried up like they are doing origins and made it feel like the final map of the series, then I would be a-ok. but no they put origins before buried. Its like reading a book and the ending happens. But there are 5 more chapters just explaining how character a met character b, c, and d.

Guys, I just had a GREAT idea:

What if while on the moon, Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and the body of richtofen were abducted by people who live in argotha! Richtofen wouldn't stop them, he doesn't care, and maxis is powerless....

Then the O4 were put into a sort of cryogenic-Virtual reality, where they live a memory of their past over and over AKA the Origins time period....

Samantha who was in richtofen's body but has no memory of this place would take up the only memory she had available: Control of the aether, making her the Demonic Announcer! Meanwhile the body of richtofen simply re-lives his events with no changes.. The other 3 don't remember either.....

Then eventually at the end we "escape" the virtual reality... And if we chose maxis, we end up being saved from the aether, the map ends BRILLIANT ending, HUGE cliffhanger, and wonder galore! As for richtofen, we get some other- equally epic ending!

What do you guys think?

This would solve SO many questions we have:

WHy is THIS map out of chronological order?

The towers were a waist of time?

WHy are the zombies eyes yellow but Samantha wont come into control for another 20 years....?

BAM! POSSIBILITIES! :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

Guys, I just had a GREAT idea:

What if while on the moon, Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and the body of richtofen were abducted by people who live in argotha! Richtofen wouldn't stop them, he doesn't care, and maxis is powerless....

Then the O4 were put into a sort of cryogenic-Virtual reality, where they live a memory of their past over and over AKA the Origins time period....

Samantha who was in richtofen's body but has no memory of this place would take up the only memory she had available: Control of the aether, making her the Demonic Announcer! Meanwhile the body of richtofen simply re-lives his events with no changes.. The other 3 don't remember either.....

Then eventually at the end we "escape" the virtual reality... And if we chose maxis, we end up being saved from the aether, the map ends BRILLIANT ending, HUGE cliffhanger, and wonder galore! As for richtofen, we get some other- equally epic ending!

What do you guys think?

This would solve SO many questions we have:

WHy is THIS map out of chronological order?

The towers were a waist of time?

WHy are the zombies eyes yellow but Samantha wont come into control for another 20 years....?

BAM! POSSIBILITIES! :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

Sorry...but I think you're putting too much thought into this.

Maybe we should just accept the idea that Buried was our ending to the BO2 Zombies story. I agree that it was a huge middle finger to the community, but it is what it is. But knowing Treyarch, we'll be getting orange-eyed zombies in their next game. ;)

Maybe we should just accept the idea that Buried was our ending to the BO2 Zombies story.

This. Entirely this. I, as well as a bunch of other long-term zombie players, would rather have a map that actually explains WHY things are the way they are instead of progressing the story even more and making more questions than answers.

Buried is most likely the end of the main BOII story arc.

Why would anyone want answers....

Questions make the world go round, and they supply a mist of wonder and unique feel to everyone.... Especially in such a deep storyline as call of duty zombies.....

What questions could possibly be answered by returning to this time period?

How nikolai and takeo were captured by the nazis....(tank came later ie COTD radio)?

Why der reise is called what it is?

A hidden motivation for maxis or richtofen?

More insite to the mysterious "Vrill" and "Argotha"?

"Those who look only to the past... or the present... are CERTAIN to miss the FUTURE!"

People want answers because answers give us facts, and facts give us the story. Why would you want a story that has no meaning or explanation? That's like eating a hamburger with no patty- just bare bread. Without maps like Origins we'd still be wondering why the hell we have a drunk Russian and sword-wielding Japanese soldier fighting alongside a schizophrenic homosexual German scientist.

I'd rather see Treyarch finish what they started before they go on to raise more questions.

On a side-note, the correct spelling is Agartha- hate to be a grammar Nazi, but it always tickles my OCD when I see it spelled incorrectly. :lol:

Yeah Argartha, isn't really a KNOWN word on my spellcheck so I sound it out the best I can....

Also a storyline without these answers has worked WONDERS so far! Did we care about how the O4 originally met BEFORE origins was announced? No! We knew they came from richtofen's experiments and that's all we needed! Also my idea takes out TWO birds with one stone, the O4 relive their meeting, answering that... And then ALSO moves FORWARD talking of the future....

You still get the answers... Those are coming regardless.... What I'm saying is: When we get out answers we also receive more mystery, possibilities, simply put:

"When we find answers, we'll just have to ask more questions..."-paraphrasing Russman

Of course, that's how it will always be. Even if we were to get a map advancing our story, we would still have more questions raised. Also, if you read Tac's threads on the O4 it's pretty solid info as to how our Fearsome Foursome came to be.

My point is that for now we really don't need a map advancing our current storyline- that can wait for the future installment to Zombies. Origins will be a way for Treyarch to wrap up the backstory they have created. For now let's just accept the possibility that Buried was our true grand finale for BO2 Zombies' story.

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agartha :D

The towers meant something...You just told us what they mean...I'm sorry is this seriously a real question? Cause you KNOW what the towers did...and there will be no DLC 5 AND no BO3 (atleast I hope no BO3) cause this all was a WaW trilogy this honestly should be the end of zombies and the end of this trilogy...