Avenged Sevenfold's involvement in Origins

MNM1995

As i'm sure some of you are well aware by now, A7X are going to be providing there song 'Shepherd a Fire' for the maps opening cinematic. I was just wonderig what you all thought about this?

Personally, i'm happy. I'm a big A7X fan since Not Ready To Die actually and look forward to hearinf them in a map again, especially as it's a new song.

Oh and before anyone says anything, I don't think this is going to be the music easter egg for the map, it only says that it'll be on the opening cinematic so there may still be hope for Elena's return yet. I presume they'll do it like Rusty Cage in MoTD and include the song in some way in the actual map though.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie Intel:

Zombies Map:

Origins: a new adventure which takes place in “a Dieselpunk-themed First World War” and stars the original Zombies heroes. Unleashed after the Germans unearthed the mysterious “Element 115,” this next chapter in the Zombies legacy will explore the saga’s origins as players reunite with an unlikely band of soldiers that come together to defeat the greatest evil the world has ever seen, using a period-specific arsenal that includes Wonder Weapons that harness supernatural powers, a diesel-drone and Mark IV tank, as well a new perk machine and power-ups – and that’s just the start. Players will need all the help they can get to succeed in defeating the undead, as well as evading an unprecedented 1,000-foot tall robot abomination. In this stylized undead adventure, they’ll need every advantage if they have any hope of surviving one of Treyarch’s deepest Zombies experiences to date.

A new song called ‘Shepherd of Fire” by Avenged Sevenfold will be played at the opening sequences of the new map.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/08/08/ ... -xbox-360/

EDIT: Opening map intro: CONFIRMED!

Yeah I tried to link it but i'm on my phone so it's awkward. Finding out about the O4 was good, then that they'd be new perks, power-ups and wonder weapons was awesome, then the robot thing which sounds interesting, and then they put the icing on the cake by announcing A7X's involvement- gets me so pumped!

So you all know that Avenged's new album Hail To The King drops the same day.

Which is awesome.

Delta

It does too! I pre-ordered it, so I'm wondering if this song will be on their with Not Ready To Die and Carry On, or perhaps it'll be on a Deluxe Edition or something.

Shepherd of Fire is the first track on Hail to the King but Not Ready To Die and Carry On won't be there sadly. :(

Shepherd of Fire is the first track on Hail to the King but Not Ready To Die and Carry On won't be there sadly. :(

Dang. Ah well. Very excited to hear Arin's drumming to a bigger extent. I enjoyed his drumming on NRTD and CO, so I'm sure he'll do a great job and leave his own mark like The Rev did. :)

We've had maps with multiple songs before so don't be to quick to cut out seigman... However this IS pre-samantha era, "However however" The zombies eyes are yellow meaning there COULD be some Sam in there...

But on the AX7 topic:

Not ready to die: Kick ass

Nightmare: Awesome

Carry on: Even though it was just a trailer, STILL epic!

This new song: Likely awesome as well....

It would ne great to see (or rather hear) Elena in the map again because I personally don't like Malukah much. It's not that I don't like her singing it's just that she sounds so similar to Elema (in my opinion), I didn't see the point in bringing her in to do the EE songs in the first place. I also really like Clark, and was hoping he'd stick around (Carrion was one of my favourite music EEs).

Honestly, I think "who cares?" Woo, some band is going to contribute a song. That sounds just as awesome as Eminem in Zombies because... yeah, that already happened.

I loved Not Ready to Die, because that was a song about ZOMBIES. But apparently this song is one this band wrote and is merely being put into the map at post.

If you are a fan of the band, of course you'll be excited. If not, then I guess you can side with MMX :lol:

Even if the song was written pre map release, I bet my whole bank that people will be analyzing the lyrics anyway. Like on "Buried alive" song they say "walk through the fire, taking steps until I find solid ground, climbing dreams reaching higher, couldn't survive the fall"....sounds like transit and die rise to me but guess what...this song was release WAAAY before those maps, just an example of how easy it is to over think things.

Yeah of course being a fan of the band is going to sway your opinion on whether you're happy to hear about it or not, but even non-fans can appreciate the fact that A7X's previous songs in zombies have recieved a very positive response from fans, and that their return likely won't bring us bad news.

Still waiting on Elena though...

• Administrators

Yum to hearing Avenged Sevenfold once again. Favorite band playing my favorite style of music is obviously going to be even more of a favorite once I hear their masterpiece.

If their track is going to be involved in the opening cutscene, then I agree we will encounter an additional song throughout the gameplay as well. If it's Elena, awesome. If it's Clark/Malukah, then still awesome.