Not all zombie DLC

Vyhl

To everyone whining about this still, please get over it.

Treyarch doesn't care about zombies at all really and they're going to do whatever makes them the most money and that's cater to MP and not zombies.

Some of you really thought they would make a DLC where not even a quarter of the players would buy it? That would be terrible business for Activision and Treyarch.

So please, get over that there is no all zombies DLC and CODz will be a much happier place.

I should add in no way am I insulting MP. I play MP from time to time and while I don't enjoy it a whole lot, I know others do. Some of my friends love it.

Remember guys don't get upset with each other. All I'm asking is that people stop whining about this. It's completely killing the anticipation for the map and making it seem as though it's nothing. We're getting a lot in one map it seems. Just be happy we got the O4 back finally.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Explain Rez last game.

Should we have expected it? No.

Would it have been a nice way for Treyarch to say sorry for continually give you the short end of the stick in DLCs? Yes

Also the season pass issue. NO WHERE and I repeat NO WHERE, in the description did it say each pack would be 1 zombie and 4 MP. NO WHERE. It simply stated 4 map packs. That isn't specific enough to warrant people to think "every map pack is going to have MP".

I think its time we faced reality though. Zombies is nothing but an after though, a skinny dog looking to pick up some kind of scraps from the overfed and attention getting dog.

That's all we will ever be until Treyarch stops feeding the overfed attention getting dog that is MP and that won't happen until the 13 year olds stop shelling out mommy and daddy's money.

Really? Explain Rez last game.

Should we have expected it? No.

Would it have been a nice way for Treyarch to say sorry for continually give you the short end of the stick in DLCs? Yes

Also the season pass issue. NO WHERE and I repeat NO WHERE, in the description did it say each pack would be 1 zombie and 4 MP. NO WHERE. It simply stated 4 map packs. That isn't specific enough to warrant people to think "every map pack is going to have MP".

I think its time we faced reality though. Zombies is nothing but an after though, a skinny dog looking to pick up some kind of scraps from the overfed and attention getting dog.

That's all we will ever be until Treyarch stops feeding the overfed attention getting dog that is MP and that won't happen until the 13 year olds stop shelling out mommy and daddy's money.

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm saying in the post. Why people feel that we need/deserve an all zombies DLC is beyond me. It won't happen due to the fact that they won't profit off of it. That's also why we will never get and all zombies COD game. It would hardly sell compared to the millions of copies that COD regularly sells.

Treyarch doesn't care about zombies at all really and they're going to do whatever makes them the most money and that's cater to MP and not zombies.

Some of you really thought they would make a DLC where not even a quarter of the players would buy it? That would be terrible business for Activision and Treyarch.

So please, get over that there is no all zombies DLC and CODz will be a much happier place.

While I definitley feel as though people should get over it and not torment/rage at treyarch for not having done an all zombies dlc I def feel as though your drastically overstepping by stating with conviction that treyarch doesn't care about zombies, considering they made it and its their personal project, unless your mis-spoke and meant activision in which case I fully agree that they could care less about zombies...

And in regards to it being completely ludicrous for them making an all zombies dlc, they've done that before so that's a poor thing to argue in regards to why it didn't happen "again"...

But yes in regards to the overall idea I defintley wholeheartedly feel as though bashing treyarch for not making all zombies is completely unwarrented as aside from the fact they we honestly have no idea if thats what treyarch initially.campaigned for and potentially activision just said "shove off", we have no idea why it didn't occur and they are still giving us what looks to be an awesome zombies map and until we get our hands on it there's no reason to say otherwise, and there's a huge amount of fan service on the map pack as well so all the bashing is completely unecessary...

While what you're saying has a hint of truth to it, it's pretty cynical. Not everyone at Treyarch is a money-hungry leech. Sure they know MP > Zombies for the majority of players but they also know that the fanbase of zombies has increased significantly since WaW.

We honestly don't even need a full Zombie map pack, the maps we've been given have been innovating enough and all we'd get is reskins with new weapons.

And honestly I think one of the reasons we got Rezurrection is because the Hardened/Veteran Editions of BO1 Got the WaW Zombie maps remastered and they realized thye could make some cash of of making a DLC open for all. They did it with NT Zombies this game..

We honestly don't even need a full Zombie map pack

It didn't even have to be a full map pack it could have been something like 2 of the 5 maps from a pack were zombies or heck 3 of 5. Would the MP side been pissed? Probably because they think they deserve everything and when things don't go their way they send death threats, but it would have been a change of pace and they would have gotten over it... eventually.

While I definitley feel as though people should get over it and not torment/rage at treyarch for not having done an all zombies dlc I def feel as though your drastically overstepping by stating with conviction that treyarch doesn't care about zombies, considering they made it and its their personal project, unless your mis-spoke and meant activision in which case I fully agree that they could care less about zombies...

And in regards to it being completely ludicrous for them making an all zombies dlc, they've done that before so that's a poor thing to argue in regards to why it didn't happen "again"...

But yes in regards to the overall idea I defintley wholeheartedly feel as though bashing treyarch for not making all zombies is completely unwarrented as aside from the fact they we honestly have no idea if thats what treyarch initially.campaigned for and potentially activision just said "shove off", we have no idea why it didn't occur and they are still giving us what looks to be an awesome zombies map and until we get our hands on it there's no reason to say otherwise, and there's a huge amount of fan service on the map pack as well so all the bashing is completely unecessary...

I feel as though yes Treyarch use to care about zombies in BO1 and WaW but have let the money get to their heads. I know Activision doesn't care at all, they never have.

Treyarch stopped caring and is in it for the money now. The original Infinity Ward still cared about their game and once that whole deal with Vince Zampella went down a lot of IW left with him. But Treyarch has gone the opposite direction and doesn't care as long as it makes them the most money as possible.

EDIT: Legitimate Rage, that's exactly why we got Rezzurection. With an all zombies pack here, they would make almost nothing on it compared to regular DLC sales.

We honestly don't even need a full Zombie map pack

It didn't even have to be a full map pack it could have been something like 2 of the 5 maps from a pack were zombies or heck 3 of 5. Would the MP side been pissed? Probably because they think they deserve everything and when things don't go their way they send death threats, but it would have been a change of pace and they would have gotten over it... eventually.

]

Well Treyarch Standard is 4 MP 1 Zombies I doubt they'd change that up and go 3+2, exception being Rezurrection as I said. I doubt MP guys would be pissed, didn't see them complain about Rezurrection at all..

And woah woah don't be so harsh on the MP guys. That situation was completely blow outta proportion anyway, given that the Sniping community is a collection of young kids that attitude would be expected. Plus Vahn didn't give a shit anyway.

And woah woah don't be so harsh on the MP guys.

They are harsh on us all the time. Not to mention they deserve any crap they get. There is nothing redeeming about the MP crowd a bunch of kids, adults who act like kids, perverts, druggies, and people who purposely ruin game for the sake of "trolling to get famous on youtube".

Something Treyarch can work on in the future: If you purchased previous maps like moon, shang or cotd on BO1 you can link your BO1 profile to your BO2 profile and get the things you paid for free instead of buying them again. Like in Uncharted 2 and 1.

But in my honest opinion tho, only 5 zombie maps and 16 multiplayer in total that is pathetic and taking the mick but at least we get the O4 and Germans to fight against. :?

If you want to play the old maps, play the old games.

Maybe we want to play them on the new engine, with the new weapons?

Not to forget when trying to play BO1 you can barely find any good games and if you do the people will be Spanish and you will have no idea what they are trying to say or the people will just leave because they never got the ray gun.

If you want to play the old maps, play the old games.

Maybe we want to play them on the new engine, with the new weapons?

Not to forget when trying to play BO1 you can barely find any good games and if you do the people will be Spanish and you will have no idea what they are trying to say or the people will just leave because they never got the ray gun.

I'm not sure who you play with, but on Black Ops 1 I can still find good people.

Why do you people moan groan and whine.Just because they did it once DOES NOT mean you should always expect it. Re releasing Black Ops 1 maps would be a waste. It will produce outrage from the people who paid for the maps in Black Ops 1, including me.

A lot of you just sound like whining kids just because you didn't get what you want. You're lucky we still get Zombies maps at all.

And you people think the game is about zombies don't you? No it's not. Call of Duty has been and always will focus on normal Multiplayer the most. Don't like it? You don't have to give them your money.

I'm not sure who you play with, but on Black Ops 1 I can still find good people.

Why do you people moan groan and whine.Just because they did it once DOES NOT mean you should always expect it. Re releasing Black Ops 1 maps would be a waste. It will produce outrage from the people who paid for the maps in Black Ops 1, including me.

A lot of you just sound like whining kids just because you didn't get what you want. You're lucky we still get Zombies maps at all.

And you people think the game is about zombies don't you? No it's not. Call of Duty has been and always will focus on normal Multiplayer the most. Don't like it? You don't have to give them your money.

YOU SHOULDNT just as easily expect them not to(see i can do all caps too ^-^) as most people had reason to believe that they would follow the exact same format considering the release of an "of the dead" map along with similar core features between the black ops 1 and black ops 2 maps...

And im not whining as I feel excited for the new map and all it will potentially offer, but I wouldnt say that your in the right to tell people to shove off either...sure people outright b****ing and yelling at treyarch should gtfo but people that have constructive criticism are just as entitled to their voice as you are to tell them to stop...Especially considering alot comes from people voicing their strong opinions, in histroy(and no im not about to get philosophical) people stating their views has gotten alot to change, just look at the xbox one...

And finally yes you are right, "Call of Duty" titles will always cater to multiplayer as thats their main basis of customers so its only logical that they would do so, but treyarch specific cod titles, have recently within the past three titles, been overtly recognized for their zombies mode and over 18-25% of the players at any given time are doing zombies, so in that regard zombies has become a feature that is highly sought out within treyarch specific cod titles...

edit: and just to note like I said I'm slightly saddened but not remotley angered at treyarch for the upcoming dlc and am more than excited for all it will offer, mostlyh the zombies portion of course haha, so please font infer that I'm complaining, im simply stating my regards to the whole he said she said debate...

Need to seriously calm down with all the MP hate. Not everyone in here is zombies exclusive so if you wouldnt mind stopping with all the insults towards MP. Its offensive and makes you sound childish.

Not sure if you're talking about me here but I should add in no way am I insulting MP. I play MP from time to time and while I don't enjoy it a whole lot, I know others do. Some of my friends love it.

Since when has Treyarch stopped caring about zombies??

Sure most people play multiplayer, and that's fine. I really only bought the game for zombies and yes, I'm disappointed we didn't get all zombies. But the idea that this means Treyarch just gave up on zombies is ridiculous, they put so much work into the zombie maps so far, and it sounds like they've got some big plans for Origins, so that's good enough for me.

although I really am disappointed about the number of multiplayer maps compared to zombies, me, along with all of you, will get over it.

You couldn't be any more wrong. So, without further do

*pulls out megaphone*

WHHHHIIIINNNNE!

Treyarch does care about Zombies. For at minimum 30% of their fanbase it is the reason why they buy the game. That's a large portion.

What would make them the most money would be to cater to the Zombies crowd. The reason for this is that Zombies is unique to Treyarch. Multiplayer is not. In fact, a large fraction, I'd estimate 20-40%, are excited about the new Call of Duty game coming out. The fact that Treyarch chose to cater to a soon-to-be dispersed crowd I find astonishing.

I can see the logic as to why they chose to appeal to one over the other. I see it as a close call, a difference of interpretation. Treyarch decided to appeal to the Multiplayer more than Zombies. I would argue it was a bad call. The people who like Multiplayer have more or less moved on. They are appealing to the people who will play it for the few months until Ghosts comes out. People who love Zombies will be here to stay for roughly 2 years. So yeah, a Zombies DLC would've benefited them more, making their product more appealing for a longer duration.

Keep in mind that Zombies takes more than a third of the disk space of the game. In production, they actually ran out of room on the disk because of zombies and have to tackle the issue of getting a bigger disk. Zombies is popular. If you cannot accept that, then you are on the wrong site.

You couldn't be any more wrong. So, without further do

*pulls out megaphone*

WHHHHIIIINNNNE!

Treyarch does care about Zombies. For at minimum 30% of their fanbase it is the reason why they buy the game. That's a large portion.

What would make them the most money would be to cater to the Zombies crowd. The reason for this is that Zombies is unique to Treyarch. Multiplayer is not. In fact, a large fraction, I'd estimate 20-40%, are excited about the new Call of Duty game coming out. The fact that Treyarch chose to cater to a soon-to-be dispersed crowd I find astonishing.

I can see the logic as to why they chose to appeal to one over the other. I see it as a close call, a difference of interpretation. Treyarch decided to appeal to the Multiplayer more than Zombies. I would argue it was a bad call. The people who like Multiplayer have more or less moved on. They are appealing to the people who will play it for the few months until Ghosts comes out. People who love Zombies will be here to stay for roughly 2 years. So yeah, a Zombies DLC would've benefited them more, making their product more appealing for a longer duration.

Keep in mind that Zombies takes more than a third of the disk space of the game. In production, they actually ran out of room on the disk because of zombies and have to tackle the issue of getting a bigger disk. Zombies is popular. If you cannot accept that, then you are on the wrong site.

I know zombies is popular, but it's not as popular as you think. It doesn't come close to the MP fanbase. And sure zombies has longevity in it but that doesn't equal more money. All we have to do is buy the dlc once. Just because we'll play that on dlc for longer doesn't mean it will make more money. I have a lot of respect for you MMX. And I'm not whining, in fact it's the opposite. I could care less if we had remakes or not, I'm happy we're getting origins. Now what's annoying is seeing all these depressing comments about no all zombie DLC.