"Original Four Heroes"

DaPikmin

Does anyone have proof directly from Treyarch that this refers to the Original 4 story wise and not the guys we played as in W@W on Nacht Der Untoten and Verruckt?

I only see people quoting gaming news sites. I checked Treyarch twitter and Facebook. Although I'm on PS3 the Twitter for this website provided the image that revealed the DLC. It has no mention of the four we are talking about. I think everyone is forgetting the ones from World at War here. I also do NOT recall Richtofen being a soldier. Either that or someone could fill me in on that one.

....I think I'm also the only one who seriously can't recognize those 4 soldiers being the O4 at all, even if they are younger.

But anyway I may be proven wrong whenever the trailer comes?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Straight from the press release.

Origins takes players to a “Dieselpunk-stylized World War I-era France” where they will encounter the return of the four original heroes from the very first Zombies map, Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen, as well as hordes of zombies that have overrun trenches and fields, as well as the ruins of a mysterious and ancient location.

Remember how we met the original characters in call of the dead? yea....

Remember how they worded the season pass as giving us the 4 dlcs. And then they hand out micro-dlcs? Yea these people are the masters at tricking us with their wordplay. So like mmx said, we will not know till August 27th, or maybe earlier if we see some leaked footage or a trailer.

also if the season pass thing wasn't good "evidence" of their play on words, remember "fuck you last stand" from mw3...

Remember how they worded the season pass as giving us the 4 dlcs. And then they hand out micro-dlcs? Yea these people are the masters at tricking us with their wordplay. So like mmx said, we will not know till August 27th, or maybe earlier if we see some leaked footage or a trailer.

also if the season pass thing wasn't good "evidence" of their play on words, remember "fuck you last stand" from mw3...

not sure what that last part was about. but when it comes straight from the horses mouth it's 100% clear we will be playing as Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Eddy. they were in the origins trailer, they were specifically mentioned by name by treyarch in the press release which is official. No word play here just straight up facts

not sure what that last part was about. but when it comes straight from the horses mouth it's 100% clear we will be playing as Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Eddy. they were in the origins trailer, they were specifically mentioned by name by treyarch in the press release which is official. No word play here just straight up facts

We always think its straight up facts. then something happens and everyone cries saying that they lied to us. Then someone looks back and says that they just fooled us. It happens a lot. That news press says that we "encounter the return of the four original heroes." Encountering doesn't necessarily mean that we are going to play as them. We "encountered" richtofen and the others in call of the dead.

And about the last part I said in my original post, the community manager said in an interview/press conference, "Fuck you last stand." This was refering to the last stand perk perk that EVERYBODY hates. He said this to gain supporters and then the game was released and yep, last stand was gone. But what do you know, they introduced final stand which was a death streak that was arguably worse then the original last stand.

We always think its straight up facts. then something happens and everyone cries saying that they lied to us. Then someone looks back and says that they just fooled us. It happens a lot. That news press says that we "encounter the return of the four original heroes." Encountering doesn't necessarily mean that we are going to play as them. We "encountered" richtofen and the others in call of the dead.

And about the last part I said in my original post, the community manager said in an interview/press conference, "Fuck you last stand." This was refering to the last stand perk perk that EVERYBODY hates. He said this to gain supporters and then the game was released and yep, last stand was gone. But what do you know, they introduced final stand which was a death streak that was arguably worse then the original last stand.

:lol: haha i didn't ever see that vid about the last stand.... thats funny and yes final stand is terrible. makes sense why Vahn was so insistent on there being absolutely no sort of iteration of last/final stand at all in BO2... thank god lol

but for the first part, they do say 4 original heroes but afterwards say and i quote

Origins: The most horrifying and imaginative Zombies experience to date. Players will be deployed to Dieselpunk-stylized World War I-era France where they will encounter the return of the four original heroes from the very first Zombies map, Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Rictofen, as well as hordes of zombies that have overrun trenches and fields, as well as the ruins of a mysterious and ancient location.

that isn't very ambiguous

but for the first part, they do say 4 original heroes but afterwards say and i quote

Origins: The most horrifying and imaginative Zombies experience to date. Players will be deployed to Dieselpunk-stylized World War I-era France where they will encounter the return of the four original heroes from the very first Zombies map, Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Rictofen, as well as hordes of zombies that have overrun trenches and fields, as well as the ruins of a mysterious and ancient location.

I think we are debating two different things. I'm 100% positive that Nikolai and the others will be in this map. Im just not sure we will be playing as them.

I think we are debating two different things. I'm 100% positive that Nikolai and the others will be in this map. Im just not sure we will be playing as them.

i wouldn't bet my entire life savings on it, but close to it. That would be complete suicide for 3arc do that. I think they are smarter than that

I think people reading this should at least be prepared to acknowledge BSZombie has a good point. Might be worth going back and looking at previous press statements to see how they were worded.

"Encounter four heroes as well as hordes of zombies".

Could have read. "Will get to play as our original four heroes... killing hordes of undead in the trenches of WW1!"

That will be a big kick in the stomach if we don't get to play as them, you can put flopper right outside my grasp...twice, but don't hint at our old players with piece of a clip and not let us. My money is on yes we will be playing them, but no one can say for sure I guess :lol:

While you are right about the press release confirming the characters, the fact that they were present in the video shouldn't count as official proof, since eight of the maps from Black Ops 1 were also in the trailer but aren't in the DLC.

Lesson learned: never trust what's in the video. Only trust what's in the press release.

Yup, I'm gonna have to agree with WOF and BSZ. It doesn't specifically say we will play as them, so always expect the unexpected. Remember, they said we would encounter them in "some" form before BO2 was released.

I don't like the whole original characters from the very first map. The marines have always technically being the original characters, so I don't like they've ignored that.

Yup, I'm gonna have to agree with WOF and BSZ. It doesn't specifically say we will play as them, so always expect the unexpected. Remember, they said we would encounter them in "some" form before BO2 was released.

I don't like the whole original characters from the very first map. The marines have always technically being the original characters, so I don't like they've ignored that.

Yes, I feel sorry for the REAL O4 being pushed aside by Dempsy, Nikolai

,Takeo and Richtofen.

RIP Marines.

It is extremely improbable that we will not be playing as the O4. Not only does the map description refer to all of them by name but also their detailed character models are being shown for half of the trailer. Are they just going to be NPCs? If so, why would they be shown long before the playable characters (random, characterless, development-less Marines) ? Treyarch does not work for surprising players; they benefit from profits, which are obtained by pleasing the fanbase.

If you are correct, however, then fuck Treyarch for making such an unintelligent decision.

Im going off topic here but "Hey, everybody hates last stand, lets give them a worse version and call it Final stand!" xD

Honestly I wish they had saved this map for a possible 5th map pack. The 4th Map pack could've concluded the Maxis side where they save the original crew in Agartha. Maxis puts Richtofen back into his body and brings Samantha with him into Aether (during the EE) Then MAYBE as a game ending EE or after map story they teleport back to where it started "Origins".

Then the original 4 try to warn the young original 4 thus resulting in a canon grief map :P (It sounded better in my head)