Are you happy with the "Black Ops II Zombies Experience"?

Sorry if this was done before, but I was poking around the "Future Zombies" board, and I noticed a handful of comments that claimed that Zombies had taken a turn for the worse with Black Ops II.

Is that the majority opinion? I've enjoyed every map in Black Ops II, even TranZit. Even Nuketown. I like how different all of them are from each other. And I also play with some friends typically, so I don't have to put up with glitchers and stuff like that.

But I understand that I am typically easily pleased. What do you guys think? How has Black Ops 2 Zombies treated you?

You can either vote, or give me an argument for or against, whatever. I was just trying to get some more insight on public opinion.

Thanks guys!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main problem with the new zombies maps is that Treyarch feels the need to add some special feature in each of the maps.

Tranzit had the bus, denizens, fog etc.

Die Rise had the elevators and teleporting crawlers

MoTD had afterlife

Buried has the witches and the giant

Instead of focusing on making a solid, fun, replayable map, they try to make them special by adding in too many features that I feel dont go with the zombies game mode. Plus, I'll get bored of the new maps after a couple runs but even to this day, I still go back and play all the maps from Black Ops 1 and World at War.

Honestly, not really. Why? Well, here's the reason why (and remember, this is just my opinion with Black Ops 2 Zombies).

Zombies in the beginning didn't have that many maps. TranZit just sucked. No real wonder weapon, too big, etc. Tombstone seemed like a good perk, but was useless on TranZit. Bus Depot is a want to be Nacht Der Untoten only worse, Farm is a want to be Verruckt only worse, and Town is a want to be Der Riese only worse. We were introduced to the new Grief mode, which I love. But there really aren’t that many maps to play Grief on. Then Nuketown zombies came, and it was alright, but it was really hard. Then DLC #1 came, and brought us Die Rise and new mode Turned. Turned seemed like a good idea, but wasn't that good in my opinion. Same with Die Rise. The idea of traveling up and down buildings seemed like a good idea, but wasn't that good. It had a new wonder weapon (a much overpowered wonder weapon), but you have to build it. Why couldn't it just be in the box? Who's Who was an alright perk, but it wasn't a guaranteed revive, because of how this map was layout and you had no equipment/Juggernog/Quick Revive. Free perk bottle was good to get during the minion rounds, but it just seemed useless to me since there was only 6 perks and not all of them were that exciting to have. For the next map pack, we have Mob of the Dead. An actually really good map on Black Ops 2 zombies. Good map structure, introduced a good perk (Electric Cherry), Hell's Retriever, Blundergat, M1927, etc. Only real complaints was the Volt Meter/After Life mechanic. I would personally like to have a power switch and quick revive. Also, there were only 5 perks, and Deadshot wasn't all that useful in this map. And I don't like the Pack-a-Punch camo in this map. Also, I would rather prefer the monkey bombs then the Vitrolic Withering (which, by the way, seems weird that you can upgrade a wonder weapon twice). But other than that, I really like this map. And they brought back Grief for Cell Block, which was fun. The only real problem with that is that there was no Juggernog, which I would have wanted. Also, why were Phd Flopper and Mule Kick in Cell Block, but not Mob of the Dead???? Anyway, next map pack. We get Buried and Borough. You can play either Grief or Turned on Borough. I like Grief so “Yay!” I don’t like Turned so “Nay.” Buried was an alright map, better than Die Rise and TranZit. But it was way too clustered in my opinion, as there were not that many places I can try to round up and kill zombies. The witch was a good idea, but I would rather it come on its own round. Also, I don’t like that it steals points, which is annoying. I don’t want all my points to be taken away, because that means I need to get them back again, which takes time. Which brings me to the maze. I hate it, it is so annoying to travel through, and I can get trapped real easily. I like the idea of the Giant, but he just makes the game worse in my opinion. I don’t like that you need him to break down barriers to get to certain perks, I don’t like that he can make the box stay in one place, I don’t like that he can re-roll the mystery box again for free, and I don’t like that he can carry a crawler for you so you don’t have to worry about him. That makes the game too easy. Speaking of too easy, persistent perks, the bank and the weapon lockers make the game too easy. Sure you don’t have to use them, but chances are you are going to get maybe one or a few persistent perks by accident. The idea of buildables is cool, but I think zombies mode could have done without them, with the exceptions of the Zombie Shield and the plane in Mob of the Dead (so you can do the easter egg). I prefer the zombies menu in Black Ops then Black Ops 2, because in Black Ops 2, you had to scroll around the earth just to choose a map. I prefer to just choose one from a list. Also, it seems to take forever to just ready up before a game, and more people seem to leave a lobby then before. The leaderboards I can care less about. I think the addition of Theatre Mode was cool, even though I hardly use it. Overall, there were some cool ideas within these maps, but the maps themselves didn’t seem all that much good (with the exception of Nuketown and Mob of the Dead). If anything, I prefer the older maps then I do the newer maps.

And that is why I am disappointed in Black Ops 2 zombies. Had some cool ideas, but wasn’t as good as previous Zombie Maps.

I don't mind them adding something new, at least it's cool that they can add new things to older maps like the Bank/Fridge in Die Rise and the Ray Gun Mk.II

I loved TranZit because I'm more of a "Just Kill Zombies" kind of player then actually commit to earning high ranks in leaderboards.

Speaking of, the one down side I have is the emblems, I had the double shot guns then lost them and haven't been able to get them back and we still don't know the mechanics of it.

Then there is the "End Game" in Buried. I'm still banking on the Idea it has a connection with the last map.

So Yeah, I'm still a Fan and I'm loving Black Ops 2 Zombies.

I cant say that i liked or disliked BO2 zombies until i get to play Origins (Sadly until late september i guess, i have a ps3) but for the maps we have so far i must say:

Tranzit: At first i thought this was the best map ever, but for some reason i dislike it because of the color scheme being mostly orange and dark green and too much fog... i think im the only one with those problems xD

Die rise: This is a really good concept bringing vertical routes into zombies, colorful map, good wonder weapon and overall a fun map! I dont like Whos Who because its like another free death depending if you know how to revive yourself

Mob of the Dead: Awesome map, fun to play, great characters, good wonderweapon and the first EE to end the game :D i dont play it know because i reached round 53 and got bored of the map

Buried: I like it and still playing a lot of it since it has only been like 7 days, the paralyzer in my opinion is a great weapon and funny too, who doesnt like flying? :lol: i hate getting my points robbed though

And thats my opinion :D

Yes, but I'll say its really only because i basically count any new zombies after WaW as a bonus. Didn't really expect it to continue after world at war because there hadn't been any precedent set.

However being that we are now spoiled and get zombies with every treyarch release so far, I don't particularly like the direction they took it here in black ops 2. so much potential but i don't think it got executed quite right. The story was rather lack luster (with chance to redeem itself with origins) i personally do not like the addition of buildables and the bank and weapons locker.

idk if i had to quantify it, my satisfaction level would be a 6 out of 10

:edited to fix spelling mistakes:

Honestly, not really. Why? Well, here's the reason why (and remember, this is just my opinion with Black Ops 2 Zombies).

Zombies in the beginning didn't have that many maps. TranZit just sucked. No real wonder weapon, too big, etc. Tombstone seemed like a good perk, but was useless on TranZit. Bus Depot is a want to be Nacht Der Untoten only worse, Farm is a want to be Verruckt only worse, and Town is a want to be Der Riese only worse. We were introduced to the new Grief mode, which I love. But there really aren’t that many maps to play Grief on. Then Nuketown zombies came, and it was alright, but it was really hard. Then DLC #1 came, and brought us Die Rise and new mode Turned. Turned seemed like a good idea, but wasn't that good in my opinion. Same with Die Rise. The idea of traveling up and down buildings seemed like a good idea, but wasn't that good. It had a new wonder weapon (a much overpowered wonder weapon), but you have to build it. Why couldn't it just be in the box? Who's Who was an alright perk, but it wasn't a guaranteed revive, because of how this map was layout and you had no equipment/Juggernog/Quick Revive. Free perk bottle was good to get during the minion rounds, but it just seemed useless to me since there was only 6 perks and not all of them were that exciting to have. For the next map pack, we have Mob of the Dead. An actually really good map on Black Ops 2 zombies. Good map structure, introduced a good perk (Electric Cherry), Hell's Retriever, Blundergat, M1927, etc. Only real complaints was the Volt Meter/After Life mechanic. I would personally like to have a power switch and quick revive. Also, there were only 5 perks, and Deadshot wasn't all that useful in this map. And I don't like the Pack-a-Punch camo in this map. Also, I would rather prefer the monkey bombs then the Vitrolic Withering (which, by the way, seems weird that you can upgrade a wonder weapon twice). But other than that, I really like this map. And they brought back Grief for Cell Block, which was fun. The only real problem with that is that there was no Juggernog, which I would have wanted. Also, why were Phd Flopper and Mule Kick in Cell Block, but not Mob of the Dead???? Anyway, next map pack. We get Buried and Borough. You can play either Grief or Turned on Borough. I like Grief so “Yay!” I don’t like Turned so “Nay.” Buried was an alright map, better than Die Rise and TranZit. But it was way too clustered in my opinion, as there were not that many places I can try to round up and kill zombies. The witch was a good idea, but I would rather it come on its own round. Also, I don’t like that it steals points, which is annoying. I don’t want all my points to be taken away, because that means I need to get them back again, which takes time. Which brings me to the maze. I hate it, it is so annoying to travel through, and I can get trapped real easily. I like the idea of the Giant, but he just makes the game worse in my opinion. I don’t like that you need him to break down barriers to get to certain perks, I don’t like that he can make the box stay in one place, I don’t like that he can re-roll the mystery box again for free, and I don’t like that he can carry a crawler for you so you don’t have to worry about him. That makes the game too easy. Speaking of too easy, persistent perks, the bank and the weapon lockers make the game too easy. Sure you don’t have to use them, but chances are you are going to get maybe one or a few persistent perks by accident. The idea of buildables is cool, but I think zombies mode could have done without them, with the exceptions of the Zombie Shield and the plane in Mob of the Dead (so you can do the easter egg). I prefer the zombies menu in Black Ops then Black Ops 2, because in Black Ops 2, you had to scroll around the earth just to choose a map. I prefer to just choose one from a list. Also, it seems to take forever to just ready up before a game, and more people seem to leave a lobby then before. The leaderboards I can care less about. I think the addition of Theatre Mode was cool, even though I hardly use it. Overall, there were some cool ideas within these maps, but the maps themselves didn’t seem all that much good (with the exception of Nuketown and Mob of the Dead). If anything, I prefer the older maps then I do the newer maps.

And that is why I am disappointed in Black Ops 2 zombies. Had some cool ideas, but wasn’t as good as previous Zombie Maps.

thanks for your opinion. while i disagree with some, i agree with others. The one that i REALLY disagree with and ill tell you why is the juggernog on grief cell block. have you played grief on buried yet? i havent been able to make it through a game yet. i play grief normally when i just dont have the time to play a full zombies game. well both grief rounds ive played were at round 21 when i had to quit because i had things i had to leave for. please, take jugg out of ALL the grief maps and it will show who has more skill, and will shorten the games and make it a LOT more fun

I cant say that i liked or disliked BO2 zombies until i get to play Origins (Sadly until late september i guess, i have a ps3) but for the maps we have so far i must say:

Tranzit: At first i thought this was the best map ever, but for some reason i dislike it because of the color scheme being mostly orange and dark green and too much fog... i think im the only one with those problems xD

Die rise: This is a really good concept bringing vertical routes into zombies, colorful map, good wonder weapon and overall a fun map! I dont like Whos Who because its like another free death depending if you know how to revive yourself

Mob of the Dead: Awesome map, fun to play, great characters, good wonderweapon and the first EE to end the game :D i dont play it know because i reached round 53 and got bored of the map

Buried: I like it and still playing a lot of it since it has only been like 7 days, the paralyzer in my opinion is a great weapon and funny too, who doesnt like flying? :lol: i hate getting my points robbed though

And thats my opinion :D

I actually agree with you when it comes to color scheme. Halo: Reach forge maps all had the exact same color scheme (grey. grey everywhere) and it drove me CRAZY. it got so monotonous. Maybe that was why I liked Shangri La so much. It was like a color explosion!

its kinda of bitter/sweet with me. (cant say fasure until the storyline for orgins play out)

bitter part: story wise was kinda of a let down for me, i was hyped to journey to the center of the earth and slay some zombies, discover Richto/Sam but they knew they couldnt do the final map like that with the split of two sides. it would be hard to successfully pull off.

sweet part: all the kick ass features and perks that were introduced really made up for some let downs. Galvaknuckles, Hell Retriever/Reddemer, Time Bomb, Grief mode finally got a way to shut those "oh im better then you in zombies" players up, Turned (not a crowd favorite but its fun to play with a party of your friends some times), some of the side quests were pretty damn good, i didnt really care for MoTDs ee because it seemed to "laid out" like they were almost helping us when they made it.

overall my BO2 zombies experience, pretty interesting id have to say

I have not liked BO2 zombies at this point. Then again I am holding this game to waw/bo1 standards so the bar is pretty high. My issue is they took something that wasn't broken and tried to fix it. No private matches, ranking system, Round not registering after someone leaves also we get all new 2,3 player leaderboards yet we have to jump through hoops 2 get a game started with 2,3 people. The multiplayer engine didnt change much either instead of host ended game now we get migrating host. I also hate how perks can be in different places but since shang(and shi no numa) its been a common thing. With Tranzit we all learned a bigger map doesnt mean better anyone who has tried to PAP on solo feels my pain.

id just like to say, bo2 zombies is still zombies, wait for the last map, if you still like blops 1 better,..

so be it,

hopefully with enough good feedback, treyarch and activision will develop an all zombies game(if theres not already one in the making), just coz they know how much we love this game,..

so please, pretty please, even if you don't like blops 2, pretend that you do for a while, and we may just get blops 3 or a standalone zombies game,..!

so instead of campaigning how bad it is, campaign how they can improve on the next instalment! I mean there WILL be another installment wont there treyarch,..

papapapweeeeeeaasse,..!

edit: by saying campaigning how bad it is, im not targeting anyone just trying to get an idea for positive campaigning out there :)

Overall, yes. I think it's a remarkable improvement over Blops1 in almost every category.

The Good

-Bigger! Badder! Brutal-er!

Thanks to an increased budget and the switch to the MP engine. Zombies can now truly stand on its own next to the Single- and Multiplayer experiences.

-Better Writing

Whether you like the N4 or not, there's no denying that the writing in Blops2 is a lot better compared to Blops 1.

-More innovation and diversity

Treyarch really made an effort to make every map feel like its own experience, rather than just the previous map but with a different coat of paint. This is thanks to new gamemodes, map exclusive gameplay features like Perks/Persistent Upgrades and the new Music Engine, which helps players become truly immersed in the Zombie Universe.

The Bad

-The Story

The story has taken a turn for the worst, thanks to a lack of conversations between our new characters, a lack of EE-related Crew Quotes (they don't talk when they perform steps and or listen to instructions from either Maxis or Richtofen. It feels like they're giving instructions to a wall) and a frustrating introduction of numerous side-'plots' that get only mentioned once and are never referred to again.

-Broken features

They added a lot of new things in Blops2 Zombies, some worked. Others, ehh not so much. (looking at you TranZit Buildables/PAP)

Also the PC version is buthered for no reason.

No, I kinda hate everything about it. And its going to be the last CoD game I buy. Biggest mistake I have done is buying Season pass. I have played MotD maybe 15 times and Buried 10 times. And hell... I'm so bored of them that I don't want to play them. So yeah that was money wasted. Well at least I have played the MP with friends but the MP is pretty crappy compared to BO1 and latest patch caused me to get horrible lag, so there is that also.

:|

There should be a grey answer somewhere in the poll.

I feel like they delivered a good game, but it is so full of bugs and glitches that sometimes I wonder why I play it over and over. It crashes, freezes, the sound bugs out and sounds so bad, my textures screw up in high rounds, which scares me into thinking I need to suicide to prevent another crash.

That last part is something that should never be said about such a big title like call of duty. I spent I don't even know how many hours getting to 60 on buried last night, I wanted to pause, take a break and continue but all the textures on the wagons and the wagon wheels started turning a rainbow color (what does it mean?!?!) so I got worried I would crash and have it not count on the solo boards, so I killed myself when I could have went further.

The reason I still play is simple, I want to see the end of the story. I paid a season pass when I preordered the game, I waited and went for the midnight release. I am super loyal to treyarch but they dropped the ball a little with the consistency of the games playability.

To put it simple, it's like driving a Ferrari that has engine issues. The car looks great, but runs not so great.

I'm happy because with it has brought all new experiences and I've enjoyed playing the maps and getting to know the new characters and just everything new they've brought to the table is awesome.

But I dunno maybe I'm just selfish but I find myself wanting more. I feel like they've really teased us with this whole globe for a map select screen with barely anywhere to choose from and as much as they've added to the story its raised more questions than answers and feeling like I'd have to wait until Black Ops 3 or whatever their next Call of Duty involvement will be to play and discover more is kind of disappointing.

If they give us the old maps though that would pretty much make up for it, I don't even need or really want my copy of Black Ops 1 anymore, the only reason I still have it is for all those zombie maps but its almost impossible nowadays to find a good match.

I'll submit my vote after the last map has been released...

But honestly I haven't liked it so far...

In Shangri la, Moon, and COTD there was very little annotation that there was an Easter egg, with BO2 it's all over your face: THERE'S AN EASTER EGG! DO IT! (Mainly maxis blabbing in your ear or richtofen if you're Samule...)...

The Easter eggs have also been quite repetitive, all we've done is power tower after tower... The nav cards were a nice way to link the maps, but it would have been cooler to raid a temple, or in die rise fix the atmosphere of the earth, in tranzit it was fine, as it was the only time... But honestly... No the Easter eggs are much more repetitive...

The storyline is also quite jumbled and hard to understand... It's TRYING for the awsome feeling given in Moon, or the creepy feeling we felt in MOTD, but all we feel is: oh god havent done THAT yet... SAVE A ZOMBIE! MOTD gave us that awsome feeling we felt in moon, despite they were trying for the creepy feeling... And buried was... Buried it was obvious the writers were a bit out there... We made a giant hillbilly run into a wall so we could explore an underground mansion filled with ghost... Doesn't get anymore off your rocker then that... But it was a good map, a nice crazy feeling, and it was NEW! Hopefully the last map fills us with awesomeness (giant robots and the O4, how can they possibly fail?) Most of the storyline they've given us is now just theorys WE've created without much lead... The avagadro, the mobsters, the button.... It's all just US, in moon, der reise, COTD, Assension, ect. they gave us enough insight to make plausible theory's.., here... Not so much...

Hopefully origins will pull off a miricle storyline-wise...

Lack of story structure so far is the only beef i have with it. Tranzit lava was annoying but is it better than 1? So far no story-wise and hell gameplay wise, glitches and sound bugs and for the first few months of playing tranzit i would just drop out around round 17, never failed, resulting in my stats not being recorded half the damn time, but i have gave up on trying to get good stats after I found out about permajug lol. Hell it's still the same game tho or we all wouldn't play it, and damn sure wouldn't hit up a forum for it if it was just crap

to me....BO2 Zombies is just kinda meh. while i still play it, it's just taken a wrong turn. half of the time played is geared towards other stuff than actually killing zombies.

in WaW and BO1, it was all about taking out zombies. kill zombies =buy gun, kill zombies =buy door, kill zombies= buy perk - kill ton of zombies. BO2 has us searching for parts to build like a hundred different buildables and wonder weapons, then buried comes out and we still have to get parts for tons of buildables, but also get booze/big guy to open barriers or candy/big guy to do other quests.

it's just almost a chore anymore to start a new game. you can pretty much count on the first 30-40 minutes of the game dragging on while everyone does all the setup steps.

it was almost a relief yesterday when my son and I played Shi No Numa and Ascension.

to me....BO2 Zombies is just kinda meh. while i still play it, it's just taken a wrong turn. half of the time played is geared towards other stuff than actually killing zombies.

in WaW and BO1, it was all about taking out zombies. kill zombies =buy gun, kill zombies =buy door, kill zombies= buy perk - kill ton of zombies. BO2 has us searching for parts to build like a hundred different buildables and wonder weapons, then buried comes out and we still have to get parts for tons of buildables, but also get booze/big guy to open barriers or candy/big guy to do other quests.

it's just almost a chore anymore to start a new game. you can pretty much count on the first 30-40 minutes of the game dragging on while everyone does all the setup steps.

it was almost a relief yesterday when my son and I played Shi No Numa and Ascension.

1.Agreed.2.Your son is lucky to have a dad who plays zombies! :)