CODZ Avatar Contest (Revised)

Ehjookayted

It's time that CoDz gets a new avatar, so we'll be holding a contest! However, there is no guarantee that there will be a winner chosen. If there is no avatar that blows our minds, we will not be changing either the YouTube avatar or Twitter picture.

Submissions to the contest will close on August 21. The winner, or lack thereof, will be decided shortly after.

Wednesday, September 4th is the new deadline. We also have new guidelines.

We are looking for mostly a logo of some sort. Classic. Simple. Powerful. A logo with the text CODZ. Look at our current twitter avatar for an idea of what we want; something that is like that in a stylistic sense but one that has a powerful, resonating design yet reminds us all of the classic and nostalgic feeling of zombies. We've been here since the beginning; we were the beginning, so I think the logo should definitely reflect that notion.

Thanks to everyone for the ideas and the help with finalizing everything.

First, the rules.

[*:9pvqi1f5]Must include Call of Duty Zombies or CODZ somewhere in the picture.
    [*:9pvqi1f5]Must be under 700 KB in size (no exceptions, upload the [*:9pvqi1f5]Must be of equal length and width in terms of pixels (for example, 140x140, 250x250, etc). This is to ensure that the size fits perfectly with the Twitter/YouTube format.
    [*:9pvqi1f5]The pictures will be evaluated by the staff as a whole.

As for the rewards, they're pretty self-explantory.

[*:9pvqi1f5]Your design featured as the CoDz Twitter avatar, which has over 75,000 followers!
    [*:9pvqi1f5]Your design featured as the CoDz YouTube avatar.
    [*:9pvqi1f5]A shout-out tweet thanking you for your work. If you do not have twitter, we will simply shout-out your username.

Thanks for reading, and we hope to see your entry soon!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY GUYS!

Thank you so much for your contributions. After talking with the staff, we are revising the contest. We'll give you all 2 more weeks to complete this as well as do a better job of advertising. We apologize for any inconveniences. Both were great designs, but we are looking for something else, and we have a better idea of what we want.

We are looking for mostly a logo of some sort. Classic. Simple. Powerful. A logo with the text CODZ. Look at our current twitter avatar for an idea of what we want; something that is like that in a stylistic sense but one that has a powerful, resonating design yet reminds us all of the classic and nostalgic feeling of zombies. We've been here since the beginning; we were the beginning, so I think the logo should definitely reflect that notion.

HEY GUYS!

Thank you so much for your contributions. After talking with the staff, we are revising the contest. We'll give you all 2 more weeks to complete this as well as do a better job of advertising. We apologize for any inconveniences. Both were great designs, but we are looking for something else, and we have a better idea of what we want.

Sounds good,maybe ill try and make one. ;)

Are the only picture-related restrictions the size ratio and the file size? So the maximize resolution of the image as a whole is simply as high as you can make it while fitting the other restrictions? I'll give this a shot and end up creating a large version to scale down to fit the restrictions, but it would help if I knew more about the size it would end up on twitter. (Not familiar with twitter.)

For the record, I'm simply not going to do it if no one even tries to answer my question.

Hope this helps some people out.

Subject: CODZ Avatar Contest (Revised)

Are the only picture-related restrictions the size ratio and the file size? So the maximize resolution of the image as a whole is simply as high as you can make it while fitting the other restrictions? I'll give this a shot and end up creating a large version to scale down to fit the restrictions, but it would help if I knew more about the size it would end up on twitter. (Not familiar with twitter.)

For the record, I'm simply not going to do it if no one even tries to answer my question.

Alright, so I'm going to try and best answer your question here.

Yes, the only restriction really is the 700KB. Twitter will resize any picture, but they look best when x by x, as opposed to x by y. In addition, the square format will look great as the YT avatar as well.

As for what the image will look like when moved to twitter, see:

The white border is just how twitter places everything, not the actual picture we use.

Anyway, hope that helps. Thanks for doing this. Let me know if you need anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as a staff, we decided that while all of the submissions were well-designed, they just didn't have what we were looking for.

We wanted something minimalist with a retro zombies feel that is very CoDz. Something like our current avatar but of a better design, a fresh take on an old topic. That combo of retro combined with fresh was something we didn't see in the submissions, so we were unable to pick a winner.

Thank you very much for all of your entries; feel free to try again at your leisure. We are still looking for a new avatar, but we won't be openly broadcasting a contest. If you have something that fits what we want, send it our way, and we'll see if it fits.

Thanks again.

• 2 months later...