The giant metal man is Die Glocke?

So in the recent "Letters From the Field" from Treyarch's Facebook page, aside from other "sources", there has been mention that there is the possibility of a giant metal man in Northern France, where the next map is supposedly taking place. Recently I've been looking into stuff that was hidden in Der Riese, and I discovered something that read "Die Glocke is mobile."

This implies at the time of writing the note, Die Glocke isn't currently at Der Riese, so there's a possibility the teleporters weren't actually Die Glocke, but was instead this giant machine.

This is just a quick theory I threw together at one in the morning, so it likely has many holes. What are your guys' thoughts on this?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible that the Giant metal man could be Die Glocke, however, I think it's unlikely. Die Glocke is supposedly a 12 foot in diameter bell shaped object with a mirror on top that shows images from the past. (3arc's most recent vine, anyone?) Projects from Der Riese show that Maxis was trying to bu8ild things that were powered by the Bell, like the Vril 1 Triebwerk shown in the chalkboard at Der Riese. (I have the pics of the real life model and pics from Der Riese but I don't feel like uploading them right now. Just ask if you want to see them.) I believe that the man could be powered by Die Glocke, however. I'm currently updating my Asylum thread about Die Glocke and Vril about it right now if you want to see. Link's in the top of my sig.

die glocke was actually a nazi group mentioned in shi no numa which translates to in german as the bell i think

No its not group. Die Glocke is the teleporter.

I always swore they said die glocke was a giant clock

The Teleporters are not Die Glocke, there is only one. However, the MTDs were created with technology 935 discovered and recreated from the Bell. It is also not a clock.

It is possible that there are other objects with similar properties like the Bell, however, we know for a fact that they would be unique and with Vril properties, like the Vril Generator, Focusing Stone, Moon Stone, or the MPD.

I was driven to pretty much obsession with the topic in zombies, and I'm pretty pumped at the fact that it's more then likely appearing in the next DLC.