simplicity is key

you know, all of the maps you see on CoD are complex. "shot this, run over here, use this trap, throw a fireball, and gather the mushroom to complete the first part of the easter egg" Why can we not have a map thats simple? 4 large rooms, each with a perk or two, with wall weapons scattered along the wall, and 2 teddies in each room (have to hit only three in a certain order for a song to work). after unlocking all four rooms, with different cover areas, there will be a door on the inside of each room that will take you to the PaP. This way you have choke points, RT halls, and much more you can do. What is so wrong with that?

Also, personally I want one HUGE map with most of the WW on it. It would be interesting to see how people could work together with things like the Vr11 and the Scavenger or the Winter's houl and the Thundergun.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because Treyarch has the mindset that each map has to be better than the previous map, which is definitely a good thing. A "simple" map will soon turn into a boring map, and many zombie players would be quite upset with that. Maybe if it was released separately, it could be neat, but simple maps aren't what Zombies needs right now.

Survivor... is just a single map you play on. Just like any other zombies map. My thought process says the map could have much more detail and quality, and many more weapons, perks, and secret things to keep a player interested. Nuketown is a prime example of this: simple, open, zombie slaying action. I want more maps like this.

Survivor... is just a single map you play on. Just like any other zombies map. My thought process says the map could have much more detail and quality, and many more weapons, perks, and secret things to keep a player interested. Nuketown is a prime example of this: simple, open, zombie slaying action. I want more maps like this.

I love nuketown too, but they've gotten way too far into the large complex maps with complicated easter egg quests and its just too late to break that pattern. I'd love a pack with some smaller simpler survival maps, but the community expects something of absolute grandeur for this final map pack and a simple small map would not sit well with the community as a whole

I love nuketown too, but they've gotten way too far into the large complex maps with complicated easter egg quests and its just too late to break that pattern. I'd love a pack with some smaller simpler survival maps, but the community expects something of absolute grandeur for this final map pack and a simple small map would not sit well with the community as a whole

Than have one as a bonus :)

I agree. The survival maps included within TranZit could have been much better than they were. I would like to see more "simple" survival maps, like Nuketown, and I'd even go as far to agree that it's not too much to ask of them, even in addition to their new "main" map. However, my main focus would always be on the complex map, as would everyone else's, so Treyarch will simply focus on that one.

Also, personally I want one HUGE map with most of the WW on it. It would be interesting to see how people could work together with things like the Vr11 and the Scavenger or the Winter's houl and the Thundergun.

I'll tell you how players would work together with all those weapons: they'd use the Thundergun and ignore everything else :lol:

I agree. The survival maps included within TranZit could have been much better than they were. I would like to see more "simple" survival maps, like Nuketown, and I'd even go as far to agree that it's not too much to ask of them, even in addition to their new "main" map. However, my main focus would always be on the complex map, as would everyone else's, so Treyarch will simply focus on that one.

I'll tell you how players would work together with all those weapons: they'd use the Thundergun and ignore everything else :lol:

Would be quite Op in my opinion,maybe it could be balanced somehow?

This is a very common 'problem' amidst (gaming) communities.

Once something (lets say a new IP) becomes successful, any smart developer or publisher will try to build - and more importantly - expand upon the foundation of that game. (a franchise is born)

In other words, sequels arrive. Merchandise. Movie/TV Series licensing - You name it. Anything that'll help make the franchise's bigger and broaden the audience gets shown to the public. That's business marketing.

Now at some point during all this, a often small (relatively speaking) percentage of (dedicated) players will start to get annoyed by the developer/publisher's constant need for expansion of said franchise.

They often feel like the franchise has steered away from its roots, and/or come to conclusion that things just have become waay to complicated.

So they ask for the franchise to go 'back to its roots' - they ask for simplicity.

Problem is; Publishers, developers, they're all out there to get our money. Simplicity just doesn't sell these days. Well atleast it doesn't sell as well as fresh "new" content.

you know, all of the maps you see on CoD are complex. "shot this, run over here, use this trap, throw a fireball, and gather the mushroom to complete the first part of the easter egg" Why can we not have a map thats simple? 4 large rooms, each with a perk or two, with wall weapons scattered along the wall, and 2 teddies in each room (have to hit only three in a certain order for a song to work). after unlocking all four rooms, with different cover areas, there will be a door on the inside of each room that will take you to the PaP. This way you have choke points, RT halls, and much more you can do. What is so wrong with that?

Simplicity would be more like

One gun, no reload, infinate ammo and absolutely no PaP.

Map would be an infinate streaming ground plane, no walls, no doors, no points to accrue.

Survive

:lol: AWESOME

Simplicity would be more like

One gun, no reload, infinate ammo and absolutely no PaP.

Map would be an infinate streaming plane,just a ground plane, no walls, no doors, no points to accrue.

Survive

I never asked for complexity. I love the WaW maps, kino, and others that made playing the game enjoyable and a long lasting games. The more intricate the map is, the more you have to pay attention to the map as a whole as apposed to what is happening right in front of you.

Now, in all fairness, I dont really do EE. It can become time consuming AND... Im not very good. I love the song EE because its rather simple to find once you know what to look for. Its interesting to see how its done, but my friends and I dont really have the yearn for doing side things.

Id be fine with a medium-sized map, with a few choke points, but other then that a really open map. I play Kino and WaW the most, because they fit my zombies style. Town from TranZit kinda plays into that as well.

This does not mean I don't enjoy the more in-depth maps, such as Ascension or Moon, or even the new one arriving late August, but I don't think I'd play it as much because I love, as someone said, the "roots" of the game.

The problem with these "simple" maps is that since we've played the old ones so many times that these new clones per say get boring. Keeping simple isn't always good. Look at CoD in general. Same thing every year. After about 4 years, I'm so freakin bored of it because there isn't anything to it. If zombies stayed simple I'd be done with it, too. Complexity makes it fun, otherwise it just gets to be a grind. You've got to let go, chances are if you started in BO2 with zombies and went to WaW, you'd be bored of it in a second.

I started in the center. I got the middle ground. And im not saying hash up the old maps and return them, I am talking new maps. But they dont need to be gigantic with a 14 step, 4 player EE. I want something that people can do on their own. I would like something that can be done within 30 minutes or less, because usually thats all i got for time.

Nacht is my favorite map, because not only is it the original zombies map, its basic. Box, Wall Weapons, and that feeling that there is no safe corner. Same with all WaW maps. The new ones have RT, choke points, thing that people can use to stratigize easily to survive to round 60.