Any Kingdom Hearts Fans?

Ehjookayted

Without a doubt, the original Kingdom Hearts game is my favorite video game ever. I still need to beat it on Proud, but that is a story for another day. Anyway, Kindgom Hearts 1.5 HD is coming out on the PS3 on September 10, 2013 in North America! I cannot wait for this day, and I'll be picking up this game for sure.

Obviously Kingdom Hearts III is looming, and there's quite a bit I need to catch up on story wise.

Anyone else excited for this release? I'm picking it up straight away and hopefully doing a playthrough on my youtube channel.

Sora, Kairi, Riku, Donald, Goofy... ah the memories!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Dream Drop Distance is a huge story progression.

So Xehanort is the mastermind behind everything, and apparently he is on a huge mission to reunite the True Organization XIII, so that's what the last game will focus on.

Anyway, a Star Wars world would be fantastic, if done right, but Square does everything right usually. I think the Death Star would be a fantastic map. Darth Vader a boss who then becomes your party member for that map? Epic fight with the Emperor. It's all there!

The two main games are KH 1 and KH 2, which are just PS2 games.

There is Chain of Memories, a GBA game. Then you have 358/2 Days (DS), Re:Coded (DS) Birth by Sleep (PSP), and Dream Drop Distance (3DS).

The HD Collection 1.5 that I am talking about features, KH 1 Final Mix HD, Chain of Memories HD, and cutscenes from 358/2.

The HD Collection 2.5 (which is almost confirmed) features KH 2 Final Mix HD, Birth by Sleep Final Mix, and Re:Coded.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is set to be released on both Xbox One and PS4, shortly after Final Fantasy XV is released (since Square Enix makes both titles).

Kingdom Hearts 3 will conclude the Xehanort saga but will not end the series of games.

I'm so excited

I just can't hide it

I know

I know

I know

I know

I know I want, I want it.

Seriously though, Kingdom Hearts is now my only link to the old Disney. Mickey, Donald and Goofy is where it's at. Not all this new stuff like Phineas and Ferb and all that rubbish. Children these days don't have childhoods anymore.

Where's Lenne haha?

I'm excited for this and FFX/X-2 HD. It's just a shame they didn't update those "standard" faces. You know the ones that aren't as detailed and are used all the time (except for most cutscenes).

I've only ever played KH1 and KH2. But I've kept up with the gist of the story. So it'll be good to play Re:CoM and experience 358/2 Days.

All the music for KH1 has been re-orchestrated which is awesome. I loved the music for that game, specifically Dark Cloud (The one that plays for most bosses like Guard Armour). I've also read that they used Sora and Ansem's model from Dream Drop Distance (but not for Re:CoM apparently).

Speaking of Ansem, I've heard rumors that Richard Epcar might be rerubbing Billy Zane's lines. I really hope not. BZ's Ansem had the perfect voice, and while RE's Ansem is good, it just doesn't hold a candle to BZ's.

I can't imagine Epcar doing Ansem's amazing speech at the end.

"So, you have come this far, and still you understand nothing. Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"

Or you know, the billion and one times he says "Darkness", or "SUBMIT!" in that one battle.

• Moderators

Where's Lenne haha?

Right myah. :3

Love the franchise so much.

Can't wait for 3.

Litterally screamed for 30 seconds when they (Finally) announced it.

And next month it is time for 1.5.

Finally we get to play Re: Chain of memories and of course the final mix version of 1.

Yeah, KH is definitely my favorite franchise of all time. Granted, I don't have all of the games, due to having little money to buy a 3ds, but I keep up.

Would literally buy a PS4 just for KH3, though I like the games on it anyways. I can't explain it, but everything in these games are just fantastic, from the music to the gameplay to the story.

Also, I love how people say the story is confusing and convoluted when you can easily understand everything from playing all of the games. Those people clearly have not seen the story for zombies, lol

• 5 weeks later...

Ahhh it comes out tomorrow here! :D

I think it's awesome they included a trophy that has you never change your initial/starting equipment. Props to Square for including a player made challenge as a trophy.

But yeah, using the Kingdom Key against Riku-Ansem in Hollow Bastion is going to be hell. Maybe I should start using Guard more often, never really had it in my main move set.

Up to the Wonderland boss. It's really weird seeing the bosses in different colours. Also realized there are new cutscenes from Final Mix we never had. The remastered soundtrack is nice, and the graphics are clear, crisp and sharp.

All in all, it's a familiar experience that feels new. Haven't played in such a long time that I've forgotten what to do or where to find things haha.

• Moderators

Up to the Wonderland boss. It's really weird seeing the bosses in different colours. Also realized there are new cutscenes from Final Mix we never had. The remastered soundtrack is nice, and the graphics are clear, crisp and sharp.

All in all, it's a familiar experience that feels new. Haven't played in such a long time that I've forgotten what to do or where to find things haha.

I am jealous. :c

I read that there are some sound problems.

Have you encountered any?

I LOVE KINGDOM HEARTS IT IS SO AMAZING ABERGLRBGNOHVCVSDFBFFAFBFDB!!!!!

A-hem....excuse me. Didn't mean to yell. Anywho, I do love this series. It is undoubtedly my favorite game series. It is really annoying that it comes on so many consoles (PS2, GameBoy Advance, CELL PHONE are you kidding me?, DS, PSP, and now 3DS, I just want it all on PlayStation so I can play them all! Worked my way around stuff and was able to play all of them except Dream Drop Distance, and have seriously considered buying a 3DS just for that....

Also, I pretty much squealed like a little girl when they announced KH3 at E3 and I am not afraid to admit it 8-)

I LOVE KINGDOM HEARTS IT IS SO AMAZING ABERGLRBGNOHVCVSDFBFFAFBFDB!!!!!

A-hem....excuse me. Didn't mean to yell. Anywho, I do love this series. It is undoubtedly my favorite game series. It is really annoying that it comes on so many consoles (PS2, GameBoy Advance, CELL PHONE are you kidding me?, DS, PSP, and now 3DS, I just want it all on PlayStation so I can play them all! Worked my way around stuff and was able to play all of them except Dream Drop Distance, and have seriously considered buying a 3DS just for that....

Also, I pretty much squealed like a little girl when they announced KH3 at E3 and I am not afraid to admit it 8-)

Buy a 2DS when it comes out. It's like 60 bucks cheaper. I might even do that for 3D and a few others.

Now, who else wants to sing simple and clean with me?

When you walk away, you don't hear me say...

Got it today, and love it. The pallet swaps are good in some cases, but sucky in others (particularly guard armor). Made it past deep jungle and headed to olympus. Fun times. Also going for the no equipment and no continues trophies. This is another one I'm gonna platinum.

I love the new character models so far. Not much is different other than that, but I'm alright with this. Even the opening seemed a little redone, which was nice. Also, clayton seems alot easier for once... he was always a bitch to fight for me, particularly since you had to repeat the cutscenes.

Also, clayton seems alot easier for once... he was always a bitch to fight for me, particularly since you had to repeat the cutscenes.

Yeah, I always avoided Deep Jungle as long as possible to make sure I was leveled up enough to take on Clayton and his giant invisible chameleon (which was a pretty awesome boss, actually). And don't even get me started on cutscenes, I don't even want to think about how many times I watched the cutscene before you fought Riku/Ansem in Hollow Bastion. My first play through I died SO MANY TIMES.

"It is I, Ansem...the seeker of DARKNESS!" Over and over and over....but hey, I still loved the game to pieces :)

Also, I really hate that I don't have a PS3 to play 1.5...I am planning on a PS4, though. Anyone have any idea if they will release that for PS4? Since rumor has it the PS4 won't be backwards compatible...

Also, clayton seems alot easier for once... he was always a bitch to fight for me, particularly since you had to repeat the cutscenes.

Yeah, I always avoided Deep Jungle as long as possible to make sure I was leveled up enough to take on Clayton and his giant invisible chameleon (which was a pretty awesome boss, actually). And don't even get me started on cutscenes, I don't even want to think about how many times I watched the cutscene before you fought Riku/Ansem in Hollow Bastion. My first play through I died SO MANY TIMES.

"It is I, Ansem...the seeker of DARKNESS!" Over and over and over....but hey, I still loved the game to pieces :)

Also, I really hate that I don't have a PS3 to play 1.5...I am planning on a PS4, though. Anyone have any idea if they will release that for PS4? Since rumor has it the PS4 won't be backwards compatible...

Really? Riku-Ansem I beat in like 2 tries. People always tell me he's a bitch, but I've only ever had trouble with him on Expert (now proud). I like that cutscene though.

I seriously doubt this one will go to PS4, but 2.5 might. I honestly don't get why this didn't come out for Xbox if Xbone is getting 3.

• Moderators

I forgot to mention that I whooped Leon and Cloud's asses in the fights that you could either win or lose against them. Usually I get smoked, but they were slightly easier this time...

@Lenne, I would've taken it easy with the trophies, but the fact that you have to play it through like 6 times to get all of them...

I beat them as well.

I don't even try to get all the trophies, since I know that I will never get 100% simply because I will never beat Sephiroth. :lol:

Archived