Any Kingdom Hearts Fans?

Ehjookayted

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No joke I have been listening to The Deep End (the boss battle for Ursula, first Ansem, etc) on and off for over the past 6 months. Like it that's good.

Great thing is, Yoko Shimomura (the mastermind behind KH music) is doing Final Fantasy XV's music, so we can have something familiar while we wait.

I need news about 2.8, pls Square Enix.

I have no idea why but I just assumed Back Cover would be done using the old engine they've used in every game. Nice to see they're using the new one for it, and I'm actually pretty stoked for it.

Also, Unchained X is coming to Europe! Hopefully this includes Australia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
5 hours ago, ZombieOfTheDead said:

Gotta say, I'm worried about the lighting. Terra just looks BAD because of that. Aqua looks good in some shots, but in others, everything just shines very weirdly.

I agree. FF XIII looks better than that in my opinion. ;/

I don't know if these Kingdom shaders or whatever they are called are a good idea.

6 hours ago, Lenne said:

I agree. FF XIII looks better than that in my opinion. ;/

I don't know if these Kingdom shaders or whatever they are called are a good idea.

I don't think they're using the kingdom shader here, I think that might've been scrapped when they switched to Unreal 4. In any case, they get it right sometimes. Ephemera and the foretellers looks great in the X Back Cover footage, and Eraqus and Xehanort looks right in the trailer last year for 3. Even Aqua sometimes looks right. It's just... not all the time, which is the big problem here. They've got some issues to work out with that lighting. I don't mind if they don't get it right in time for 0.2 since it's kind of a tech demo in a way, but I expect 3 to be nothing short of their best work visually. 

Anyways, how do you guys like Unchained X since it came to your countries? It's kind of addicting IMO.

The character models look plastic-y in some cases, I think it's as you said, the lighting.

I was going to say Willa Holland (Aqua's VA) sounds different, but I think she is just more emotive this time around.

And that music was great.

I noticed that DDD has a normal looking UI. As I haven't played it before on the 3DS, where will all the touch screen stuff go?

3 minutes ago, Rissole25 said:

The character models look plastic-y in some cases, I think it's as you said, the lighting.

I was going to say Willa Holland (Aqua's VA) sounds different, but I think she is just more emotive this time around.

And that music was great.

I noticed that DDD has a normal looking UI. As I haven't played it before on the 3DS, where will all the touch screen stuff go?

Yeah, Willa does sound pretty good here. Much better than BBS, though I guess 6 years on she probably has a bit more experience. Music seems to be a lot of BBS stuff, but I can't tell if it's remastered or not. That would be cool if it was.

DDD actually looks like it has a lot of nice changes. Looks like you can use dream eater links like you could D-Links--using the d pad to switch tabs. I don't know how they did the dream eater petting things and their minigames, but flick rush is done through buttons, and reality shifts are accomplished through a variety of different means. I assume some will use the touch pad, but not all. The game is also gonna be in 60 FPS, and it sounds like they're adjusting the drop times and rebalancing enemies.

I'm having so much trouble just getting Unchained.

So first, I download it, than its installing, and says it can't install. Apparently this is an issue with the app itself and not the phone. So I didn't really want to go and get another version, but apparently, the NA is the one that was released here. So I download the .apk from some site, have to download an app, uncheck some permissions, and it installs. I'm happy!...for like 5 minutes.

I didn't realize it was one of those apps that does it's own huge download in-app. Okay whatever, it takes forever, but it finally gets 100% on 1/8. Than I get an error message for storage space, and it restarts. Frustrated, I'm deleting everything to make room. I go through the same process multiple times, and still I need room. Finally I decide to look how much the damn app needs. 1.2GB apparently. My phone has 1.3 GB storage, but literally 200-300 of it is taken up by essential apps, so stuff that actually makes the phone run and work well. Well fuck...

I've got a 2GB SD card as well, but the in-app download will not download to it, always to the phones storage. So I'm stuffed. There's a way apparently to get it to download to the SD card though, but I have to root my phone and download stuff, and it supposedly formats the SD card. So I've got to save and copy everything of that SD card, and root my phone, all just to play this damn thing haha! Definitely need a better phone.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

Is that Olympus? Wow.

Loving Sora's clothes though. I'm guessing that would be Master Form? Looks good with the simple colouring and patterns.

Also Aqua!

They're new forms. Guard form is the yellow one. Power form is this 

iyVje5H.jpg

We have no idea what they do.

And yeah, that would be Olympus. Finally some new areas!

On a last note, 1.5 + 2.5 will be 60 FPS

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

15 years man

I would say time flies, but it really feels like it has been a huge journey and Kingdom Hearts has always played a role, sometimes a small one, sometimes the biggest, but it has always been there.

Thanks Nomura for creating this. 

• 1 month later...

Soooooo 2.8 is out.

Started playing Dream Drop Distance (my first time, but I already know it's story). Oh man, when the gameplay started I was so not use to 60fps. Getting use to it now, but I'm not use to seeing Kingdom Hearts that smooth haha.

It kinda just jumped right in, seems to be telling the beginning/after Re:coded in those flashbacks. Which is an interesting take. Allows for exposition without having it all crammed at the beginning. The Dream Eaters concept will take a bit of getting use too (as in creating, adding abilities and such), but it seems a bit similar to BBS's gameplay, so I should be able to manage. They are cute though. As for Flow Motion, I was a little iffy, but like the rest, getting the hang of it. Guess the only thing I don't like so far is that drop mechanic. I think I would've like it better had it just automatically switched to the other character after each world, and than you could freely swap between the two (but couldn't progress just one until you get them both up to line). Even maybe being like BBS's where each character as a Story Campaign.

Really want to get my hands on BBS 2 (just gonna call it that cause the full name is a mouthful) and  X Backcover, but I will wait till I beat DDD first (I'm playing it on Proud cause why not).

Use drop-me-nots, and you'll never have to worry about dropping again.

I'm having a lot of fun with DDD. Definitely better than it was on the 3DS, and part of that has to do with enemies actually staggering. Played 0.2 and beat it first, which gives me hope for KH3. What's great even is that they patched it and completely removed many of the issues I had while playing it. Definitely the best combat system since 2, and the best level design since 1 by far. Also, dat last cutscene. We basically know where we're going first in 3.

Back cover was enjoyable. Definitely can't be used to get the full story of X, but it was fun. The Master of Masters is already the best character in the series from what little he was seen in there.

Archived