Any Kingdom Hearts Fans?

Ehjookayted

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ZOTD, those pictures made me start reading the manga. I like so far.

I played Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, and 358/2 Days.

I can fairly say I enjoyed 2 > 1 > Days.

I dunno why, but I like Xion and Roxas the best out of most characters. I just don't understand why I do.

ZOTD, those pictures made me start reading the manga. I like so far.

I played Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, and 358/2 Days.

I can fairly say I enjoyed 2 > 1 > Days.

I dunno why, but I like Xion and Roxas the best out of most characters. I just don't understand why I do.

ikr? First learned of the awesomeness of the manga on KHInsider. These were some of the pics that convinced me.

I also agree with liking Roxas and Xion (and Axel/Lea, too) more than some of the other characters. The actual game was pretty meh, especially compared to 1&2, but those 3 and their friendship stands out the most. And it also makes me want to get Sea-salt ice cream. Someday I'll make it. It better be as good as they say.

got kh1.5 a while back for nostaglia reasons. stuck on hollow bastion where you fight the posseed riku. he spams the most annoying moves. no matter,might as while pratice at the colissum.

Everyone says he's really difficult, but I never really got why. I beat him in one go on proud. Now, maleficent dragon a few doors before? That is an entirely different story. 

My advice: Use Aero magic. Reduces the damage so much. Constantly use dodge roll when he's invincible. Also, I believe guard helps. Other than that, spam attack so he can't attack you.

Everyone says he's really difficult, but I never really got why. I beat him in one go on proud. Now, maleficent dragon a few doors before? That is an entirely different story. 

My advice: Use Aero magic. Reduces the damage so much. Constantly use dodge roll when he's invincible. Also, I believe guard helps. Other than that, spam attack so he can't attack you.

i do,but those moves are so OP. maleficent dragon. easy as pie.

i do,but those moves are so OP. maleficent dragon. easy as pie.

They really aren't that that bad. I should probably ask if you have second chance? That will leave 1 hp so you can heal up. Also stock up on elixirs and such. There really isn't much to him, except avoid him when he's invincible.

As for maleficent dragon.... you won't say that on proud. She's cake on the other difficulties. But proud, her stomps will take you down by half not to mention her flame breath and energy orbs. 

I had to crawl up those giant vines for Dragon Malificent. When she used the ranged attack, I hid behind some vines so they'd hit that. Guarded some occasionly. Than I went to town on her when stomping around and that.

Riku-Ansem for me was hard in the original. And I did have a little trouble at first here. But I used Dodge Roll, Second Chance and just a lot of things I never would have used before.

29xjl2v.jpg
All the feels.

They did a good job in that department. I just miss the "Who else will I eat ice cream with?" line. So did you like it more than the game? Because I totally did aside from the two end fights.

@Rissole, that definitely sounds like a thing that requires patience. And yeah, experience does factor in in the Riku-Ansem fight. Was alot harder when we were younger.

Yeah, it's more annoying than anything. I felt like I was cheating the system by hiding up there.

Sad part is I don't think I can use those vines while fighting Unknown (Xemnas). But I'll only attempt him on Beginner and when I have a high level and good stats.

I still have yet to play Riku's story in Re:CoM. It's not that I don't want too, it's just I have other games and stuff I want to do haha.

I personally liked it better than the game. More emotional response from me for some reason.

Agreed. Feel like I knew the characters more. I'm debating on whether or not I'm going to read the other ones though, because I feel those are already told perfectly in game form.

Yeah, it's more annoying than anything. I felt like I was cheating the system by hiding up there.

Sad part is I don't think I can use those vines while fighting Unknown (Xemnas). But I'll only attempt him on Beginner and when I have a high level and good stats.

I still have yet to play Riku's story in Re:CoM. It's not that I don't want too, it's just I have other games and stuff I want to do haha.

No, vines aren't there. Maleficent's influence brought those vines. He's actually fairly easy, it's just he has one move that can instantly kill you if you aren't careful.

Riku's part definitely goes faster and doesn't  feel as much like a KH1 retrod. I enjoyed it more than sora's mostly.

• 2 weeks later...

On a different note, does anyone remember the Axel/Roxas fight near the end of your days in Twilight Town in KH2? I really wish we had the opportunity to replay that battle nearing the end of the game. I really wish that KH2.5 HD Remix came out sooner! I can't wait to battle all the Organization 13 members once again.

On a different note, does anyone remember the Axel/Roxas fight near the end of your days in Twilight Town in KH2? I really wish we had the opportunity to replay that battle nearing the end of the game. I really wish that KH2.5 HD Remix came out sooner! I can't wait to battle all the Organization 13 members once again.

The data battles do give you a rematch with Axel in 2.5, but you don't play as Roxas. It's a shame, because Roxas's Oathkeeper and Oblivion were fun to use in that fight. That, and he is my favorite character. Speaking of which, can't wait to fight Roxas as Sora instead of having a silly cutscene of them fighting.

The data battles are going to be so fun. Ah man Roxas v. Sora is also going to be the best. 

Can't wait for Critical mode too. I've always wanted some crazy challenge from KH 2. Felt that once you got Explosion it was pretty much an easy ride.

Side note, was I the only one who used Oathkeeper and Oblivion for Final Form and only exclusively used Final Form after I got it?

It just looked so sick.

I finally, FINALLY got DDD on the 3DS the other day. I'm halfway through at this point. People who don't have it be warned: It is nearly impossible to find in stores any more. You're better off looking at amazon like I did in the end.

It's much better than expected. I did not expect to like flowmotion as much as I do (though I hope it's toned down for 3). I had already see the story in a let's play before, but it's much better actually playing it out. I also actually love Sora and Riku's redesigns (Riku better have something similar in KH3), and even the updated animations for Sora. Expanded Traverse Town, and The World Ends With You people were cool. Combat is still as fun as ever (especially with flow motion).

As for the negatives... the worlds are pretty empty. I've noticed this in past games, but especially in here and birth by sleep. The levels are just too big, and the lack of NPCs doesn't help (not that there were very many in any of the other games....). Dream eaters are lame as enemies. Most of them aren't memorable, and just go into the generalized rainbow-animals-that-will-eat-my-face category. It's difficult to tell what type of enemy one is in the battle, whereas it was pretty easy to tell with the heartless, nobodies, and unversed (Ex: Shadows, Dusks/Creepers, and Floods are the basic types).

As allies, they're okay. It just annoys me that you get your abilities and commands from them instead of how it was in birth by sleep. In fact, in order to keep the abilities, you need to have that specific dream eater in your party. Lame. However, Riku with bat wings or surfing while linking with dream eaters almost makes up for this.

As a whole I love the game, but I feel like it would be a slog going through it too much. I'm glad I was able to get this since I now have a 3DS. Now I just need Re:coded. Lol, nope.

Archived