Updating the classic maps *READ*

Okay I know everyone has mixed feelings about bringing the older maps back, some for their second time.

But how about bringing them back with some notable additions, seen below.

Using Der Riese as an example:

Buildables (Turbine, Trample Steam, Zombie Shield)

-Tables (starting room, STG room, Trench gun room)

BO2 Mystery Box (includes Wunderwaffe)

Same wall weapons as WaW.

All guns use TranZit pap (or maybe MP)

Perks (QR, Jugg, Speed, DT2, Mulekick, PhD, Stamin-up, Deadshot)

BO2 Walker zombies

Persistent Upgrades

Bank

Fridge

EE which gives you all perks

I don't know what you guys think (prob hate it :P) but I would enjoy this map

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some ideas on here that I like, and some I do not. I'll differentiate, and then explain.

Buildables (Turbine, Trample Steam, Zombie Shield)

-Tables (starting room, STG room, Trench gun room)

All guns use TranZit pap (or maybe MP)

Perks (QR, Jugg, Speed, DT2, Mulekick, PhD, Stamin-up, Deadshot)

Bank

Fridge

EE which gives you all perks

These ideas, I personally don't like, simply because I feel that they change the original map too much. I can't see what purpose the turbine would serve in Der Reise, seeing as I usually have the power on by round 3. The trample steam would also be of limited use, and the shield would simply serve to make an easy map even easier. Der Reise does not need buildables.

Personally I find the TranZit PaP camo to be the most boring there ever was. Der Reise's original (not BO1) PaP camo was the best in my opinion, so if they could bring that back that's what they should do (except the Wunderwaffe - you know you loved having that s**t gold in BO1 ;) )

With the exception of Double Tap II (and arguably Mule Kick, seeing as it was in BO1) I don't think any new perks should be added. Again, it just makes an easy map easier.

The bank and fridge simply serve to link the maps with the new characters and I think it should stay that way. Half the fun of Der Reise is getting set up, and these would rob it of that.

Finally, it would be difficult (and very unnecessary) for them to add an easter egg to Der Reise. It already has the Fly Trap, which is fun but doesn't warrant permanent perks. Perma-Tombstone should be sufficient.

BO2 Mystery Box (includes Wunderwaffe)

Same wall weapons as WaW.

BO2 Walker zombies

Persistent Upgrades

These upgrades to the map would give it just enough of a Black Ops 2 feel while managing to stay true to the original map. The walker zombies would add a new challenge (you get to deal with runner zombies, walker zombies, AND mid-round hellhounds), the BO2 weapons from the box in combination with the WaW weapons on the wall will give it a unique blend of weaponry, and the persistent upgrades, well, they're just fun :D

I do agree with you in hoping that they bring back Der Reise and other classics for DLC4, hope they do include these features ;)

While I do agree with a bit of what you said, the could serve a purpose. IDK the Turbine is pretty limited in use (power traps, perks, those two doors) but Der Riese has some tricky jumps which could make the TS useful. About it being easy, have you ever played it on BO2 with walker zombies and upgraded AI? No, you haven't so you couldn't say whether it'd be easy or not.

Perk wise it only gives you more options and by ee, I meant something semi-small (heck, maybe even the Fly Trap).