Did you know *Buried*

way2g00d

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he'll place chalk outlines for you as well. He'll also fetch the box for you when you give him candy next to a box location when the box isn't there. He'll kick zombie ass as well.

I've lost Tombstone and regained it but I don't know how I lost it. Anyone know for sure? I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

What can the big guy do?

I keep this list on my phone in case I need reminding. This is for use with the Candy.

-Keep Mystery box in place

-Move mystery box

-Reroll mystery box

-Change power up drop (even bank Z drop into ammo!)

-Hold crawler

-Smash zombies

-Build buildable

-Get a new turbine

-Place 3 random chalks

-Shoot while changing power up to make it stick

Here is my list for what the Time Bomb can do:

-Double money with Galvanuckles in Bank

-If lights on in Mansion, double perk drop at end of ghosts

-Put down, open all doors, use, get points back

-Put down to avoid death if camping, get perks back

-Throw and use while person is down to revive

-Throw and use if all bleed out to have them come back at end of round

And a small list of how to generate extra points. The first two are enough to PaP a weapon on round 1.

-Chalk draw

-Booze barriers from a distance

-Snipe from a distance for permaperk

Haha, I give this a cheeky laugh.

Not that easy my friend :)

You got at least 2 doors to open the cheapest being trample steam door so you can trample across without having to waste money at saloon door. And the mansion door. So your damage is 750 + 1250 = 2000.

Add 5000 more to pap that makes it 7000.

That is if you are lucky (or skilled) to dodge money stealing witch inside mansion. 8-)

Also remember you would need extra booze to break open chalk door (gunsmith) unless you plan to go around it using Trample steam. So to get extra booze you would have to open saloon door or (barrier by bowie) which would need more points.. and you also waste 1000 points each time given you got first booze for free and you want to break in all barriers for points. And if you miss, you are at risk to restart.

Didn't mean to be cheeky! I really did do this the first time I tried to get the achievement.

Get over 1000 by killing 5 zombies.

Every 1000 booze purchase can make you more than 1000 if you line up the giant properly. 7 opportunities for points, with 5 booze purchases. Plus points when you release the giant.

And you can place 6 total chalk drawings for 7000 points. Open the courthouse for 1250 and get 2000 points by placing the 6th chalk.

I didn't open the candy shop or front door of saloon, which is 1250. Instead I took the barn tunnel route to the saloon roof and only opened the 750 chair to get booze when needed.

The only other door is the ghost house for 1250.

Then you only buy the PDW off the wall, go through the house, PaP and you are done!

Didn't mean to be cheeky! I really did do this the first time I tried to get the achievement.

Get over 1000 by killing 5 zombies.

Every 1000 booze purchase can make you more than 1000 if you line up the giant properly. 7 opportunities for points, with 5 booze purchases. Plus points when you release the giant.

And you can place 6 total chalk drawings for 7000 points. Open the courthouse for 1250 and get 2000 points by placing the 6th chalk.

I didn't open the candy shop or front door of saloon, which is 1250. Instead I took the barn tunnel route to the saloon roof and only opened the 750 chair to get booze when needed.

The only other door is the ghost house for 1250.

Then you only buy the PDW off the wall, go through the house, PaP and you are done!

That's not a bad way of doing it if you are good with "giant". It is not always safe though, because if you miss you pretty much have to restart. What you mentioned is exactly the way I did it except that I never paid for booze.

That's not a bad way of doing it if you are good with "giant". It is not always safe though, because if you miss you pretty much have to restart. What you mentioned is exactly the way I did it except that I never paid for booze.

I think you have to pay for the booze, which I think is easier than going the TrampleSteam route. But yeah being good with the Giant makes it easier. I think I missed twice with the Giant on my attempt, so I wasted 2000, but still got it done.

Learned a ton, thanks.

I feel like everything has already been mentioned so.. did you know

you can see the left nipple of every female zombie. (don't ask)

Also, on solo, when you go down and use the timebomb, you'll get all your perks back except for Quick Revive. [unless you've gained QR via a bottle drop]

Free booze spawns twice in the first round. Once to get him out and then again in the same spot or in the saloon. I've had many games where it spawned in the cage the second time. Which means you wouldn't have to buy booze or the saloon door/couch. I try to run towards the saloon after I give him the first bottle in hopes it will spawn farthest away from me ie: in the cage again.

Note: I have had the booze spawn on the bar right in front of me so the above tip may not actually work for the second bottle.

Free booze spawns twice in the first round. Once to get him out and then again in the same spot or in the saloon. I've had many games where it spawned in the cage the second time. Which means you wouldn't have to buy booze or the saloon door/couch. I try to run towards the saloon after I give him the first bottle in hopes it will spawn farthest away from me ie: in the cage again.

Note: I have had the booze spawn on the bar right in front of me so the above tip may not actually work for the second bottle.

I'll make this easy. There is 10% chance of booze respawning in Cell.

I'm guessing it's mathematical then as opposed to proximity to player based. I must have missed a post somewhere.

I'm guessing it's mathematical then as opposed to proximity to player based. I must have missed a post somewhere.

This is interesting. good to know.

Can't remember if this has been brought up, but if the big guy is in the middle of doing something, you can knife him in the butt to speed him up.

The paralyzer cannot hurt the big guy, nor does it make him run to his cell. Also shooting him with it while he is trying to run in his cell will stop him so someone can stand in his cell before he gets there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Touching a witch gives you a claymore 8-)

No. But going through the house (?) Refills your grenades, including Claymore.

You can get unlimited free booze on round 1 with the petrifier. But its a glitch, I'm sure. Not any worse than 'legally' getting unlimited points/7 perks... But glitchy none the less. (shoot him with petrifier/paralyzer after giving him booze the first time, don't let him break that first barrier. As long as it's closed, booze will spawn, candy will not until you break that jail cell barrier.) They've had several patches and have ignored this so far, so let's call it an Easter egg glitch. Heck, unlimited money (not a glitch) makes this moot anyway.

This will allow you to get the pap on round one challenge easily. Fyi.

You can jump on a bar table and 2 of the courthouse tables. You can jump over the railing in the courthouse from these tables, rather than trying to get through the little opening in the middle.

You can unreliably jump over the railing by the candy store. You can even stand on one part.

In the house, go to dt2, wait for witches, then have them follow you slowly through the house. So many people foolishly shoot them...

Rg or rg2 will break the maze fountain.

Punch the big guy and he'll run 6 steps. Use for: follow you faster. Temporarily smash zombie out of way (like in the bank). Cut a swathe through a crowd of zombies.

If the box is about to give you a Teddy bear, he will not hit it to make it stay. This can be annoying until you figure it out.

If you go to pap and the witches want to give you a perk, let then follow you to pap, they take time getting there which is better than babysitting the last zombie while trying to pap.

A zombie shot with the paralyzer will respawn (presumably unless you shoot him until he shows actual damage, but unconfirmed).

There are two ways into the general store via paralyzer. No doors need be opened. Every non-ee, non-navcard part is in the gs.

You can jump from the saloon to the gunsmith roof. Ballistic knife makes this way easier.

Roof zombie-sitter: go by box spawn. The roof in front of the first buildables table. As a zombies approaches (angle matters) step under the roof, the z will climb up, walk to the other end and fall off. Step out from roof, wait until he its near and then step under the roof, he will again jump up and walk over before coming down. This helps when spamming the box solo.

You can buy the lsat or lsat ammo by flying up there even after the ledge breaks away. Everyone can get the lsat by trading off the paralyzer.

When spamming bank for max ammo: (open bank, gk the keys, give 1100 to make Z$) give bg (big guy) candy, immediately fly up and run to candy store, run back up steps, fall in bank. Then see what he made. If not max ammo (or the drop that you want) give him candy again to change it. If you wait to see what he makes, it will take too long. This will save you 1100 points per try, but you may end up with unneeded candy at the end, no biggie.

If the least zombie bothers you as you are duping points in the bank, just kill him; after you're done, he will be reset with the time bomb.

More, I'm sure, to come.

Hey Way, is this from the game files, or guesswork? I get booze in the jail fairly frequently. Given that there are 3 locations in the saloon, and 1 in the jail cell, i assumed a 25% of any spot having booze, which seems more correct to me.

But of course, if 10% is writ in the code, that's what it is. So, is this from the code?

• 10 months later...

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I have yet to hear anyone else talk about it. During the Maxis side of the EE, regarding the charging lantern w/ big guy(BG) kills step: I found that you can charge the lantern w/o having to actually kill zombies that count towards ending the round. What I mean is you can knife the BG and then position yourself behind a zombie having BG run into the zombie and kill him. It counts as a zombie kill as far as filling the lantern but doesn't affect the round's zombie count. I filled the lantern using the last zombie of a round and kept the round from ending.

Technically these claims are wrong: 

2: No you can't… You can get him to respawn but there isn't a full 10 seconds he's not on the map.

3: Unless there's some other magical way, I'm expecting this to mean you've gotten the paralyzer and have climbed up to the wall buy with it before setting off the floor. Thing is, when you buy the lsat you will trade guns and fall, triggering the floor to fall, so no… You have to let the floor fall… 

Also electric jesus: The song may also be referring to "the one" when it says "becoming one" 

And alpha omega: That switch that "Isn't" there actually can spawn in the middle square of the maze in the bushes I am told.