Did you know *Buried*

way2g00d

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this is new to Buried or Black Ops 2. But I never used the Quick Revive machine, and it still disappeared after earning 3 Quick Revive Random Perk Bottles.

In Black Ops, wasn't it that the machine stayed as long as you didn't buy from it and only got your power-ups from Random Perk Bottles?

Why is this thread awesome? Because new facts!

But what is so bad about it? It lists new/hidden features without explaining how to achieve them!! GRR =P

If you don't know anything just ask. There are number of good reads on the forum's Buried section that lists how to get this. Again if you want to know anything just ask.

Regards.

Not sure if this is new to Buried or Black Ops 2. But I never used the Quick Revive machine, and it still disappeared after earning 3 Quick Revive Random Perk Bottles.

In Black Ops, wasn't it that the machine stayed as long as you didn't buy from it and only got your power-ups from Random Perk Bottles?

In COTD I remember machine left as soon as I earned my third revive from George.

Really? Huh, go figure. I guess it was just changed that you can get Revives after the machine disappears.

You know how you can change power-ups? This also applies to the Bonus Points you get from the bank. It doesn't change colours, so you can get a blue Max Ammo, Nuke, Fire Sale, etc. The effect is still the same, but it's kinda humorous as it looks like some of the Turned power-ups, and it's just odd seeing blue power-ups.

Really? Huh, go figure. I guess it was just changed that you can get Revives after the machine disappears.

You know how you can change power-ups? This also applies to the Bonus Points you get from the bank. It doesn't change colours, so you can get a blue Max Ammo, Nuke, Fire Sale, etc. The effect is still the same, but it's kinda humorous as it looks like some of the Turned power-ups, and it's just odd seeing blue power-ups.

This also has practical use. If it's the end of a round and you REALLY need ammo for your RGM2 or something and you have a lot of points, you could keep getting Lenny to change the points power up until you eventually get a Max Ammo. I suppose this is also possible mid-round, but I prefer not dying :lol:

If prominent members like you are going to call him such an idiotic name, it's no wonder such a large percentage of players get his name wrong.

And here's another fact: the Ray Gun in Buried is different from every other Ray Gun in every other level.

While I normally call him Sloth, there hasn't been an official name given. I don't see anything wrong with Leroy. It's kind of a country name and he does look like he's from the country. And he does go charging into places like Leroy Jenkins.

The developers specifically stated that while he has no official name, it is NOT that. And I honestly find it offensive to use such a name just because some big Youtube user told people to use it.

I don't know if it helps but a youtuber by the name of jrizzo666 (he has some good theater talents) went into the files and the it said Sloth on the file. BTW: I subbed, you have really cool videos like the Zombie saga :)

I don't know if it helps but a youtuber by the name of jrizzo666 (he has some good theater talents) went into the files and the it said Sloth on the file. BTW: I subbed, you have really cool videos like the Zombie saga :)

Oh really? So that's where people got that name from. Huh. Thanks for the info! And thank you very much. I appreciate it. More to come!

And I'll just contribute some facts while I'm posting. Here, I grabbed one from an old post I made on another website ( http://zombiecentral.net/showthread.php?tid=287 ):

The chart above details a single jump. The purple line indicates what a normal jump would look like. However, the Paralyzer will change your trajectory depending on when it was activated, be it you shooting your own feet or shooting a teammate. The Paralyzer freezes your descent, basically. The reason you are able to "fly" using the Paralyzer is because it literally prevents you from falling. It slows down gravity's effect upon you in relation to time. So, once you are hit by the Paralyzer, you will continue to move at the tangent to the trajectory you were previously traveling. It isn't perfect, and it will decay after a while.

If you fire the Paralyzer at time A, you will continue to jump up to an extreme height. But at time B, you barely go up at all. At C, you hover a bit before slowly falling back down. At D, you are merely slowing your descent. Also, your trajectory can change if outside forces enact upon you. Assuming you fire the Paralyzer at time A, you could potentially hit a ceiling F, making you then fly at a constant before being slowly dragged to the ground. Hit a slanted ceiling E would allow you to gracefully land without any fall damage, since the reason fall damage hurts is not actually because of the height but rather the acceleration.

The Big Guy has tattoos!

On his knuckles it reads, SUGR and on the other hand his knuckles read SHOT. So that explains his addiction to candy and alcohol, he had the means to get them tattooed on his hands, so I guess he was just part of this community and not a wanderer. Then again, I guess you can get tattooed almost anywhere so perhaps he isn't from this town, but I like to think he is.

Been calling him sugar-shot online, still not as good as Big Guy but it's funny when no one knows what I'm talking about.

You know what I learned?

....Marlton REALLY doesn't like the Remington New Model. :^)

No but seriously, I learned that the Subsurface Reasonator has the same amount of shots as a Thunder Gun in terms of ammo. Or it was same amount as a Zeus Cannon. I forgot. :|

I think Resonator does not have any ammo or shot count limit. It is limited by amount of zombies killed and then it breaks.

You know what I learned?

No but seriously, I learned that the Subsurface Reasonator has the same amount of shots as a Thunder Gun in terms of ammo. Or it was same amount as a Zeus Cannon. I forgot. :|

I think Resonator does not have any ammo or shot count limit. It is limited by amount of zombies killed and then it breaks.

Well what I meant by that is if you're on round 20 or so like I was and it's blowing and blowing it had the blowed and blowed the same amount of times. But another thing I was thinking, I wonder how someone felt at 3arch for going into the old Black Ops files (or creating a new one from scratch) and making the animation for a zombie that tries to catches its weight from a blast then falls over, like the same one from a Thunder Gun blast.

You know what I learned?

I'm pretty sure if you have it blast and hit nothing long enough it will just break after time, like the Turbine. I'm not entirely sure though.

So like the title says, post a few not commonly known things for this map.

I'll start.

Did you know...

1 You can kill the witch using Leroy.

2 You can kill Leroy.

3 You can buy the LSAT in the first room and not fall off.

4 You can get more than 3 quick revives in Buried.

5 You can pack a punch at round 1 without using Bank or Gun Locker.

Your turn. If you feel like you learned something remember to add Brains for fun. :)

My question is HOW???? Leroy kill witch? I KILL LEROY?? HOW!!!

Shooting the Paralyzer directly at a team mate will allow them to float in the same way the wielder of the Paralyzer can.

The Saloon Piano has four distinct notes that can be played. Low, Mid-Low, Mid, and High. "Mary Had a Little Lamb" can be played on the piano, try it...It's not that easy.

When Leroy runs back to his cell, if a player meets him inside the cell, he will not shut the door. He can only be coaxed back out by a player holding Booze or Candy, but as long a player is in the Cell, he will never close the door.

Shooting the Paralyzer directly at a team mate will allow them to float in the same way the wielder of the Paralyzer can.

The Saloon Piano has four distinct notes that can be played. Low, Mid-Low, Mid, and High. "Mary Had a Little Lamb" can be played on the piano, try it...It's not that easy.

When Leroy runs back to his cell, if a player meets him inside the cell, he will not shut the door. He can only be coaxed back out by a player holding Booze or Candy, but as long a player is in the Cell, he will never close the door.

Some good points, thanks dude.

I call the big guy "Stupid" or "Dummy" "Come here Stupid" just has a ring to it ya know?

1.) It is possible to run a horde on the roof of the gunsmith shop. (lol)

2.) The cracks on the ground of the hedge maze help point to the correct route.

3.) teleporting back to beginning room, use paralyzer to shoot teammates up to catwalk you start on. Then fly yourself up. Standing in corner by the LSAT is an awesome strategy for 2-4 players.

4.) You will know when a perk bottle is available from the ghosts when all the lights on the haunted house are lit up.

5.) In a custom game if someone joins and you are running around doing stuff with a crawler. You can activate the time bomb and it will spawn the person waiting and you will still have the crawler so you can continue doing stuff. (provided you didn't set the timebomb long before etc. etc.)

6.) Reviving with the ballistic knife negates the effect of the Tombstone persistent perk.

7.) The headchopper can down a player without jug with one hit if it's in the head.

8.) If you place a part from a trap on any given table before having Dummy finish it then you can decide how you want the traps situated.

9.) A skilled paralyzer user can revive anybody anywhere on the map.

10.) You can place the headchopper on ceilings. :)

*I've seen Big Stupid respawn out the side of the haunted house after running him off the ledge by Jug. (he doesn't just spawn at the courthouse)

5.) In a custom game if someone joins and you are running around doing stuff with a crawler. You can activate the time bomb and it will spawn the person waiting and you will still have the crawler so you can continue doing stuff. (provided you didn't set the timebomb long before etc. etc.)

This could be useful in custom easter egg game to get a 4th guy any time during the game, without having to end the round.

6.) Reviving with the ballistic knife negates the effect of the Tombstone persistent perk.

I've had this happen to me although the next time you are revived without ballistic knife, the effect is back.

Very good points Crazy and LOL I wouldn't call him stupid. :)

This could be useful in custom easter egg game to get a 4th guy any time during the game, without having to end the round.

I've had this happen to me although the next time you are revived without ballistic knife, the effect is back.

Very good points Crazy and LOL I wouldn't call him stupid. :)

Good to know about Tombstone because I thought you lost it after that. How do you lose tombstone anyway?

It's pretty rare but I did lose it and I don't seem to get it back. lol.

Try this in the following order.

Try falling off a cliff.

Don't get any perks for a while.

Try getting persistent Jugg?

I don't remember how I lost it. I did not play for a while and I didn't even remember I had it.