What Would Make DLC4 Unforgettable?

Realistically speaking, what new addition or twist could Treyarch add to/implement in DLC4 to make it legendary in your eyes? Would it be bringing back the Wunderwaffe, the Thundergun?

Can they do anything to approach the beauty and legacy of World at War Der Riese, the extension of that onto Kino der Toten?

That's gameplay wise.

----------------------------------------

How about story wise?

How would you like to see the story continue, or perhaps end? If the Original Four really do come back, what do you think would be the best way for their journey to come to and end?

And in the end, what do you think Treyarch will actually do? Will they shoot for the stars and attempt to make a map like nothing else on Black Ops 2, or will they keep things more or less the same, with perhaps a few medium-sized changes?

It is very likely that we will see more zombies, but if zombies were never to make a return, how would you like to remember this franchise?

Ehj~

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes. Those are some high expectations you've set there Eye :lol: Still, I think if the zombies team puts in everything they've got, they can end Black Ops 2 with a fantastic experience that'll please everyone.

For starters, I would like to see some classic maps as part of the final DLC. Obviously I would like to see the return of all 10 of the WaW/BO1 maps, but both I and my hard drive understand if this is too much for the dev team in addition to the final map of course. Perhaps a "Best Of" collection, consisting of four or five fan-favorite maps (yay, Ascension... :roll: )

As for the map itself, I can only expect it to be a massive level. Not necessarily massive in size, mind you (TranZit really showed us to be careful what we wish for in that field) but massive in complexity. A feature-heavy map with lots of things to do is what I'm pushing for, as should be expected of a grand finale. Der Reise introduced teleporters, Pack-a-Punch, Monkey Bombs, radios, mid-round dogs... Things that seem basic now, but were far beyond the standards of a WaW map. Moon, while not my favorite map, introduced several game-changing features like No Man's Land, the lack of gravity, the hacker, excavators, Q.E.D.s, and (personally) my favorite Easter Egg to date... Features intended to shake things up, make the game more of a challenge.

The new map should include features such as those seen in Moon, designed to provide a greater challenge while simultaneously providing the means with which to survive to higher rounds. I'd like to see some things that make the game more than just the usual "arm up, then kill/hoarde/repeat till you die". Features that make high rounds a true challenge. That being said, I also don't want it to be TranZit, where the only weapon that can kill in higher rounds explodes when you use it. Round 100+ should be a challenge, but not unfathomable.

As for the story, I have only two requests: 1. Bring back the old characters. 2. Don't end it. It's been so long since we've seen the characters, I would hate to have to say good-bye as soon as I say hello. People say that it's best to quit while you're ahead, better to be remembered as a great story that was too short-lived than a mediocre story that went on too long. But after all this time, I can't bring myself to see it end. The story grows ever more complex. I'm a firm believer that Zielinski and the team can provide us with adventures for Richtofen and our crew for much longer than this.

That's what I'm hoping for. The team may play it safe and give us a scaled-up version of our usual map, but I'm hoping for a true finale ;)

FOR THE TL/DR: New gameplay features that give us more of a challenge than "kill/hoarde/repeat" and an ending to this chapter, but not the end of the entire book.

I would be absolutely ecstatic if they made it an 8 player survival map with the O4 and the N4 split up Verrukt style at the beginning and either by progressing in the EE or by turning power on allowing both sets of 4 to meet up and work together.

I think it would be really cool if they went ahead and just put all the perks in this next map and just make it huge.

A really cool Wonderweapon like the Paralyzer would be cool. The Paralyzer is the most fun I've ever had with a weapon in zombies, flying is the best. I think it would be amazing if they make the next wonder weapon something to help with mobility as well or if they just went completely ridiculous and put every single Wonderweapon that there ever was in the box so each player can end up with something.

Any of these things would make it an unforgettable map for me :P

Gameplay wise I would have to say the addition of finally putting in a usable PHD Flopper machine. I mean, It's the last map for the game so why not? I also imagine we're going to get a new wonder weapon, as they've been doing it with all of the DLC maps so far.

Story wise, they could bring back one of the O4, or maybe even kill off one of the N4. That would surely make it unforgettable.

It's probably safe to say the number one thing to make this map unforgettable would to bring the O4 back. I don't think there's anything I miss more about W@W and BO zombies than their hilarious voices.

Other than that, I hope there is an assortment of radios on the map, like we saw on Tranzit and Die Rise. The last two maps have lacked any real radios, so I'd like to see the return of the old style type radios that fill in some of the gaps of the overall story.

I want them to expand customizability In the map. Headshots only, magic items, and hell hounds gives us some freedom, but it would be cool to be able to select which wonder weapons are available (from a list of all wonder weapons) as well as being able to select buildables and such. In black ops 2 they focused on customizability in single player, multiplayer, and zombies. However in zombies, 95% of th people just play with the normal settings, because none of the changes available necessarily make it any more fun. They just change the difficulty.

I would love to be able to play with the O4 and the N4 at the same time, but only with four players. So, instead of teleporting to a new area, you just change to a different character's point of view. For example, you start as Dempsey, but by the flip of a switch you are sent to Misty's point of view. It would make the sidequest insane if there where two split locations and 8 characters. Now that your character's name appears next to your points, you wouldn't lose track of who you are.

Points and guns would transfer from character to character. However, to expand it further, it could be made so that you were forced to play as the other team in order to obtain certain guns and perks. So the AN-94 could be N4 exclusive until you obtain it and switch to your O4 character.

People would get what they want, a map with every main character, but without Grief or 8 player survival.

Hmm....Unforgettable?

well I would have some pretty high expectations.

-big map

-O4/n4/8 player survival

-new weapons reflecting the era

-new music and HUD icons

-NEW WONDER WEAPONS!!!!!!!!! (Notice the "s")

-all previous maps

-interesting new game mechanic UNLIKE FIRE.

-expansive story

Now when I say story, I mean make it epic. Give us an open ending. Don't just blow up Earth or such. Make it somehow more of a "pick your ending" type end then just one singular end. I want to make up theories on this as Ghost comes in to take the stage.

Wow.That's difficult.

Gameplay-wise,like Fated said,3ARC can do their best.

Story-Wise I want them to leave us with a cliffhanger.I'm a firm believer that Lucifer/Hades/Whatever will take full control of the MPD more ahead.And this would be a cool cliffhanger in my opinion(Lucifer takes the MPD).

Apart from that,I want a new Grief and Turned map,and maybe a new mode.There's many MP modes that would fit so well in Zombies,but 3ARC don't adapt them.

Classic maps would be cool too.I just don't know if BO2 Mechanics could fit these old maps.I hope it can.

Realistically speaking, what new addition or twist could Treyarch add to/implement in DLC4 to make it legendary in your eyes? Would it be bringing back the Wunderwaffe, the Thundergun?

Can they do anything to approach the beauty and legacy of World at War Der Riese, the extension of that onto Kino der Toten?

That's gameplay wise.

----------------------------------------

How about story wise?

How would you like to see the story continue, or perhaps end? If the Original Four really do come back, what do you think would be the best way for their journey to come to and end?

And in the end, what do you think Treyarch will actually do? Will they shoot for the stars and attempt to make a map like nothing else on Black Ops 2, or will they keep things more or less the same, with perhaps a few medium-sized changes?

It is very likely that we will see more zombies, but if zombies were never to make a return, how would you like to remember this franchise?

Ehj~

I like how you brought up Der Reise in that it added something in the Pack-a-Punch machine that was a major game changer that became a staple in the franchise. Now since then there have been new perks of course, however really only a couple that have become staples like our first 4. and those really arent a new concept, just new ideas within the perk concept.

Now we have buildables which seem to have become a staple as well, however sometimes i feel they are more of a nuisance than they are worth. They finally got back to basics in MotD and buried with the wonder weapon being in the box, and not one we have to build.

I really liked the idea in MotD of upgrading a gun through multiple means i.e. acidgat kit and pack-a-punch.

Here's my idea for an unforgettable dlc4. And it is probably a bit unrealistic, but it could be a major game changer.

Two upgrade options. Now this could be gone about in a couple of different ways. The 2 i have in mind is either like the acid gat where you simply can upgrade the gun, and then upgrade it again into an even MORE powerful version.

The other idea is 2 upgrade machines. one is the pack-a-punch, the other is a different machine and name entirely. And you as the player have the choice of which machine to upgrade your gun in, and each upgraded version would have different qualities.

Now this may be an option that its simply too late for because the engine and design of the game make it impossible this time around. But I think that this type of major game mechanic enhancement could be the next major staple of zombies maps if they were able to implement such a thing

One thing really sticks out to me that I want to see. An all zombies DLC with 2-4 new maps, with one storyline map and 3 survival maps in different locations. They don't need to be huge and detailed, but you know, big enough. I don't want to rebuy BO1 zombies.

Paris Or Tunguska would be nice.

Treyarch needs to put the old crew back in the hot seat, I simply can not connect with the new characters.

Regards Alpha.

I feel like they finally in Buried started to develop some back story on how these characters met and what the story behind it all was, which finally started to allow me to "care" about them in some sense. And now apparently they're just done for and we're back to the original crew? makes no sense. I agree with you though alpha that we do need the old crew back, but it looks like we're going to get them back just far too late. Theyare already too far in with the new crew they might as well just go with it. if they wanted to use the old crew they should have at least included SOME sort of mention of them in the first 4 maps

What Would Make DLC4 Unforgettable?

The NavCards giving us the option to go to ANY previous map. All Black Ops and Black Ops 2 zombie maps. So that all the maps had their own leaderboards. You'd think this would be a goal of theirs no?

The ability for us to choose who we want to play as. I barely get to play as Stu in Buried, and I feel like I'm missing out on all the interesting stuff. Plus the original four. Maybe I'm drunk and want to play as Nikolai.

I know its a tall order, but not impossible.

I'd like a remake of five.

The main issue that has been brought up with Five and CotD is that they use different characters than the O4, so if the maps are brought back, we are going to be playing as CIA agents. Still, I agree that the BO1 maps should come back. I want all of the maps just because I want one giant collection of zombies with a single disc.

If we get to pass through the Aether, for a longer period than we did teleporting. I'd like to see what the devs picture the Aether to be like, surely it just isn't all blue and swirly all the time :lol:

I would like to enter the Aether, see the controller and the other voice, as well as all the gateways the aether are connected it (hell,our plane, other planes ect)

I'd like a remake of five.

The main issue that has been brought up with Five and CotD is that they use different characters than the O4, so if the maps are brought back, we are going to be playing as CIA agents. Still, I agree that the BO1 maps should come back. I want all of the maps just because I want one giant collection of zombies with a single disc.

I doubt it. Even though it was Non-canon, the black ops Nacht and Verrückt featured the O4. When they remaster a map it doesn't necessarily have to be canon, as it is being brought back for the sole purpose of making if available to fans again.

If we get to pass through the Aether, for a longer period than we did teleporting. I'd like to see what the devs picture the Aether to be like, surely it just isn't all blue and swirly all the time :lol:

I would like to enter the Aether, see the controller and the other voice, as well as all the gateways the aether are connected it (hell,our plane, other planes ect)

May I say that Aether most likely not a physical dimension. It is likely to be somewhere which is "blue and swirly all the time". There would be no mass, no land, nothing. Just energy and perhaps some souls wiz zing around interacting off of one another