[POLL] Worst Special Enemy?

3 Votes and you can re-vote if you forgot there were 3 options.

Nearly every zombies map has a special type of enemy. Starting [Officially] from Shi No Numa.

I included the Verruckt Runner Zombie because they only appear once in the Verruckt version of WAW and they are a lot faster than the average zombie.

These enemies are slightly different from normal zombies and only appear in a few maps. Some offer rewards for killing them, while others have a slight impact on gameplay, such as the Nova 6 Crawlers or Verruckt Runner Zombies.

Mine are:

George Romero

Astronaut Zombie

Brutus.

George is a pain in the ass to control.

That astronaut zombie is annoying when you go through a door and he's right there.

Brutus. I hate the way he locks down things and you have to pay him to re open them. Greedy bastard.

Plus I hate the way he makes the screen shake when he's near.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread!

That astronaut zombie is annoying when you go through a door and he's right there.

Haha this happend way too much. I'll never forget how he would Michael Jackson his way to you if someone threw a Gersch near him, there was no escape.

edit:

Space Monkeys were a real pain, especially on later rounds. Nova 6 Crawlers used to trap me on Kino all the time. I could see how George was annoying but I kinda liked him. He really made the map special.

What do you define as worst? For example: Worst designed/least challenging/most annoying?

I love all of the bosses because they are challenging. I love George Romero and I think hes the best boss ever. But some don't like him purely because hes annoying. so im not sure what to say is the worst though.

The only special enemy that probably bothers me are the new hell hounds, they cause explosive damage now so even though they count half damage compare to a zombie, it's still just as easy to be downed if you aren't keeping up with their hits before they explode. Luckily they are not in this "campaign" mode. Imagine being in the corn fields when a dog round suddenly starts :lol:

Georgiepoo, the thief, and the zombie monkeys.

Thief for steling my awful lawton 5 TIMES when I clearly had an mpl out.

George for sending 20 mph runners at me and making me 2 hit kills for 'em.

Shang's monkeys for stealing max ammos at the worst times.

Honorable mention goes to the astronaut, for stealing perks at the worst times.

• Administrators

I love all of them. Maybe I'm just a sucker for bosses, but I absolutely enjoy having them even if they tend to be a pain in the ass. Calling out the ones that tick me off is like asking whether I like Zombies or I like pizza...hmmm.

- The Cosmonaut is fun to toy around with but he is an absolute distraction at times. One moment you're walking through the door and the next thing you know, you've lost a perk and you're somewhere far away from your original waypoint.

- I love George Romero. He may make zombies 200x faster and mobility lessened, but hey - free points and a special reward for taking him down.

- Phasing Nova Crawlers are at the far bottom of my list. I love the concept, but sometimes they can phase right in front of you and become the reason why you are down. It's great that you can avoid them though. At the same time, you're taking a rather large risk while inside the moon base in those close-knit areas.

Out of all the ones I listed, George is now my most-hated boss.

6:45 last night. Round 59 Cotd, I have 6 of the perks (downed 1x already at 52.) Been playing since 8:20 am. I go to recycle my scavenger, and I have a crawler. Within maybe 10 real time minutes, I get my scavenger. At this point, my inventory is scavenger, awful lawton, ray gun. I run to the beach as 60 starts, I hear George's monolouge that means he's here. All of a sudden, as I begin training, he slams his freakishly-huge stagelight down, and he sends runners at me. Okay, I've dealt with it all game. Except he runs at CHEETAH SPEED at me, which hasnt happened yet. He slams the light, I end up trapped, I go to shoot my lawton, and I'm down. I yell, WTH!!!! I'm within 20 feet of jug, he slams the light down, and I'm dead. I'm pretty sure though he just glitched, necause he would normally run as fast as a runner. It still made me mad though.

I hate the Nova 6 Zombies, but I think you should add "Space" Nova 6 Zombies in the options since their different from the ones in Kino/Five.

I hated them more on Moon because the Teleport, and they can be a pain in the ass whenever your Training in the Dome. I always say to those that play to stay out of the lab area when the Round Starts so they don't spawn.

And of course what all Nova 6 Zombies have in common that sucks too is that they exploded when shot. I especially "Love" the ones that don't want to exploded just yet. I walked into ones that Exploded, I hate that.

I hate the Nova 6 Zombies, but I think you should add "Space" Nova 6 Zombies in the options since their different from the ones in Kino/Five.

I hated them more on Moon because the Teleport, and they can be a pain in the ass whenever your Training in the Dome. I always say to those that play to stay out of the lab area when the Round Starts so they don't spawn.

And of course what all Nova 6 Zombies have in common that sucks too is that they exploded when shot. I especially "Love" the ones that don't want to exploded just yet. I walked into ones that Exploded, I hate that.

Yeah,Nova 6 Crawlers are a pain in the ass.They're the main reason on why I never liked Kino...or Moon.Everytime I was expecting to get to 50+,a bastard crawler crawls toward me,or teleport,and kills me on 47-49.I can't like them,they're bad persons lol.

Denizens doesn't even need a comment.They're just terrible:You try to run,while they try to tear apart your eyes.

And George,of course.I hate that guy.Always turning my crawlers into runners,or trying to kill me with that stagelight.

Space Monkeys have a special place in my blacklist too.

I made my choices based on how annoying and/or difficult the boss was, i.e. who I had the most trouble with and affected the entire map in a negative way.

In order of how much they made me hate the map:

1) Pentagon Thief: He looks creepy. Five is hard enough as it is with layout. The fact that an Achievment is attached to this asshat just makes me hate Five all the more. No one else can see him except for his target which lead to many frantic games of shouting incoherent phrases like, "No! He's on the right side!, No! Left! Ahhh, shit he got me! You guys were no help! Geez!" ...didn't make for fun Co-op games.

2) Brutus: Training is hard enough in this map with the ridiculously tight corridors, but when Brutus is around, the screen shakes seriously hinder training. He has downed me more than any other Boss and I barely play MotD. Also, he makes me seriously afraid of hitting the box. This guy really makes me mad and, again, he has an achievement directly attached to him. Fuck.

3) Napalm Zombie: I have been downed by this guy's massive explosion plenty, albeit I learned better after playing SRL more and more, it was still very inconvenient. His ability to blend in and hide behind other Zombies made it all the more startling when alluva sudden there's some nice big explosion, but above all else the most annoying thing about this guy is his role in the EE and how easily it is to accidentally kill him. Frustration level: Epic.

Yeah,Nova 6 Crawlers are a pain in the ass.They're the main reason on why I never liked Kino...or Moon.Everytime I was expecting to get to 50+,a bastard crawler crawls toward me,or teleport,and kills me on 47-49.I can't like them,they're bad persons lol.

Denizens doesn't even need a comment.They're just terrible:You try to run,while they try to tear apart your eyes.

And George,of course.I hate that guy.Always turning my crawlers into runners,or trying to kill me with that stagelight.

Space Monkeys have a special place in my blacklist too.

they weren't bad at all on moon, because like he said above, as long as nobody is in the labs they won't spawn. thats why Kino is not anywhere near my top fave maps like it is for a lot of people (especially ones who first played on blops and not waw)

and they were a huge pain in the ass on Five too, simply because if you want to avoid them (which i do) it eliminates half the map from your usable area

if I had to pick.

Astronaut Zombie I got downed by him so many times on Moon it was ridiculous, too many times I went down to NML to get Jug and come back just to be tackled by the little bitch in a suit. :lol: Astroboy is the vain of this gamer girl's exsistance,

Nova 6 Crawlers I don't even have to say anything, nuf said, there annoying as fuck.

Denizens By golly Miss Molly, these are annoying, they barely beat out those god damned Space Monkeys!, curse you Trollarch! ;)

they weren't bad at all on moon, because like he said above, as long as nobody is in the labs they won't spawn. thats why Kino is not anywhere near my top fave maps like it is for a lot of people (especially ones who first played on blops and not waw)

and they were a huge pain in the ass on Five too, simply because if you want to avoid them (which i do) it eliminates half the map from your usable area

Never played a lot of FIVE.BTW I just don't like 'em at all.They should never have existed in my opinion.When Ascension came out without these bastards I was just so freaking happy you can't even imagine.They ALWAYS kill me in a way or another.Even in Die Rise(I know they aren't exactly Nova 6 Crawlers,but you know what I mean)...

The only real annoying ones are Denizens and space monkeys for me.

Denizens because everyone knows why... they are just so bullshit and annoying combined with the lava and red fog, not to mention the distance you have to run to go from one place to another.

Monkeys because of the perk stealing. I just don't like the risk involved. It's easy to avoid the astronaut, but you can't evade the monkeys.

IMO everything else is just complaining to complain, with maybe the ghosts and pentagon thief being exceptions. It's easy to avoid almost everything else (though there are occasions where napalm/george/astronauts can be a bitch, doesn't mean they're that annoying). Dogs are easy, nova crawlers are easy, and jumping jacks... fun, but difficult