We finally get Paris and water-centric map?

So we know that the dev team's current focus is teasing the new map with 'Letters from the Field' and that these letters are obviously written by the original four. The letters are written during the beginnings of the zombie canon and emphasize that the O4 went to Northern France to gather intel. :!:

Northern France = Paris

Paris is located in Northern Central France and is a center for all things 'giant/metal' - as noted in the "Letters from the Field" - and is a homage reflective to our want for a Paris map here in the forums. :)

Now there are theories of a water-centric map being next in line since we've had Fire, Air, and Earth as the center theme for all our recent canon maps. What body of water runs through Paris and would be an exciting core map design? - The Seine River. :D

Also, the Seine River experienced severe overflow during the early 1900s - i.e. 1910 ~ 1924 era - causing significant flooding of Paris and other parts of Northern France. This would be an exciting game mechanic to have certain areas of the map flooded or even used as trap locations/EE requirements locations.

This all ties in rather well I suppose as a theory. However, - and this keeps calling out to me - what if this map is just a prequel to the zombie storyline where the good Doc. Richtofen kidnaps the other O3?.....leading into the final page of the comic book.....Der Riese redux/part deux! 8-)

Idk.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I could totally see there being a complete upgrade to the previous water-mechanics in 'Shi No Numa'. I could see maybe a few spots on the map being flooded and used as a water slide passageway in the same style that 'Shangri La' had water slides.

Most likely any areas that would be flooded like 'Shi No Numa' would also slow down normal zombies and us, but not slow down any boss type zombies.

If you remember the solo intro cutscene to 'Buried', you notice a part where the New 4 are running through a flooded alley way while shooting at zombies. Imagine areas on the new map like that where water-mechanics work almost perfectly. Perhaps even that scene was teased to us in anticipation for DLC 4 :?:

Either way, I'd like to see thoughts on this topic. :D

~Still hoping for all-zombie DLC 5 ;)

People have been claiming that the next DLC would be Paris since Black Ops 1.

I feel like if they do finally go ahead and do a Paris map its only going to be because people have been screaming for it for so long lol.

And why they've been screaming for it I have no idea... there are so many more interesting places they could set a map

The hard core fans such as ourselves are a small section, tiny section, of people who play Zombies.. I don't honestly think they will pander to us on a Paris map.. As for people who want to see the O4 again, I think that is a much larger cross section, and VERY possible. We shall see soon (but not soon enough :D ).

People have been claiming that the next DLC would be Paris since Black Ops 1.

I feel like if they do finally go ahead and do a Paris map its only going to be because people have been screaming for it for so long lol.

And why they've been screaming for it I have no idea... there are so many more interesting places they could set a map

Well the French connection has long been overdue in Zombies and it would tie in with the original WaW and Black Ops story.

After the Tower of Babble EE I think people really started to think Paris would finally make its debut because the Eiffel Tower would have bean awesome real life Landmark to power up as part of an Easter Egg.

I think Paris would be cool, but I could also care less about it anymore because I feel like the idea has been out there for so long it just seems like a predictable step to take now and I like new and different, I like to be surprised.