A New Mauser Picture! + A code that needs to be unraveled!

Yep, Treyarch got us a better picture of the "Mauser" weapon today, in the "Letters From The Field" photo album!

Mauser (PROTOTYPE CXS)- MAXIS JAN. 5, 1915.

ATTACHMENT SCOPE

There also seems to be some type of code at the bottom. It's in the square under Maxis.

Maxis

scale: 11' 7"

weight: 1,320g

code: m1916cxs

I believe that this is not a WW, but rather a new weapon being introduced, such as the Remington New Model Army, or the M1927.

Also, some people have said it may be the M1915.

I searched "M1915", and only found automatic weapons, or tiny pistols. I tried "Mauser 1915", and only rifles/shotguns popped up. Hopefully, we have more information on what this weapon is, or how it functions soon.

If any of you code-ciphering guys could unravel the code, we might have something.

Thank you all for reading this!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know what cxs stands for. Its one of those 3 letter combos that could mean anything.

In roman numerals: Cxs is 110.5....

It's also an abbreviation for "Coherent X-ray Scattering"...

edit:

here's a cropped version for you, speedo.

I want to know what cxs stands for. Its one of those 3 letter combos that could mean anything.

In roman numerals: Cxs is 110.5....

It's also an abbreviation for "Coherent X-ray Scattering"...

edit:

here's a cropped version for you, speedo.

Thanks for the Crop!

And if that's the case, then we will a very creative weapon.

Seems like a simple machine-pistol and doesn't need X-rays but... Ok...

a simple machine-pistol with an attachment SCOPE... (do you get what I'm getting at? the scope has to do with the x-ray qualities)

it's okay if you feel that it doesn't need x-rays, though ;)

edit:

let me be clear that your theory on the latin numerals is WAY more believable than mine, not debating that lol.

Well the number translation for cxs is 3, 24, and 19. So unless he was 20 when these prototypes were made, he kept these from 3-24-1919 to his supposed death by Rich's hand. And he (Richtofen) never really bothered to look for these prototypes (since he already had Tank, Tak, and Nikolai in tow while he fought off Sam's revenge for Fluffy and her dad's deaths (the zombies.)

One thing this blueprint tells us is that somehow Maxis has a connection to Paul and Wilhelm Mauser, or at least the Mauser Arms Manufacturing Line. Among these weapons created by Paul and Wilhelm was the M1911, Gewher 43, 48, and 71, and the Karbiner 98k. The Gewher 43 and the Kar 98k happen to be the wall guns in the Mainframe of Der Riese, which is interesting, and the M1911 is the startring gun for zombies. Many of their weapon and cartridge designs were adopted by the German Army.

The M1911 (or Model 1911) is pretty much an earlier version of the M1916 that Speedo had found earlier. So basically, this gun we are now seeing is the model created the year before the M1916. Focusing past the gun itself, that year is important. It's the year 1915, mid WWI, which means we're past the Tunguska event and the discovery of 115. It's very possible that Group 935 had been formed by then, and Maxis was working with the Mauser company to make weapons to supply the Germans. This is possibly where the birth of Wunder Weapons took place.

In summary, the important things are that we're being told that the year is 1915, and that Dr. Maxis was working with the Mauser company to supply weapons and possibly Wunder Weapons to the Germans.

About the gun: The weapon is a pretty high caliber long range fully automatic pistol. The fire rate isn't extremely high on it, though. This is more than likely going to be a usable weapon on the next map, but the gun itself isn't that important. I think that the actual WWI dating is, and that perhaps we're travelling to that time period and possibly to an arms developing facility.

Here is a video i found on YT of some guy shooting the pistol, then he attaches a shoulder stock on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV9J2ceUeUk

My theory is that maybe in DLC4, it starts out as just a pistol. Maybe you get it from the box. Then you run around the map & pick up or maybe even build parts for it. Like that attachment scope, the shoulder stock, that extended mag. Maybe you can choose what you want it to be?. Like the scope to make it a sniper. The mag & shoulder stock to make it an SMG/MG.

Here is a video i found on YT of some guy shooting the pistol, then he attaches a shoulder stock on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV9J2ceUeUk

My theory is that maybe in DLC4, it starts out as just a pistol. Maybe you get it from the box. Then you run around the map & pick up or maybe even build parts for it. Like that attachment scope, the shoulder stock, that extended mag. Maybe you can choose what you want it to be?. Like the scope to make it a sniper. The mag & shoulder stock to make it an SMG/MG.

Now that would be pretty interesting. Perhaps in the order you add the parts will matter, as well, and the final part would actually define the gun for what it is when you PaP it. That would be a very cool feature that would make the map extremely unique.

Does anyone think that it is silenced? Doesn't look like the typical suppressor, but you can see that the barrel is drawn into whatever this piece at the end is for. My guess is stability or suppressed fire.

Looks like a muzzle brake to me. Maybe this gun wil have low recoil and a high fire rate.

Does anyone think that it is silenced? Doesn't look like the typical suppressor, but you can see that the barrel is drawn into whatever this piece at the end is for. My guess is stability or suppressed fire.

Looks like a muzzle brake to me. Maybe this gun wil have low recoil and a high fire rate.

If it does, it would remind me a lot of the PPSh, which is definitely not a bad thing.

• Administrators

Probably acts to that of a Kap then. Strange, the schematic for it shows pure mechanization and nothing else of any Wonder Weapon-styled elements. This is probably just a new gun that we may toy around with while killing some zombies.

I have a feeling that the scope may be very useful in some cases.