A little theory

Now I did post this in another thread but I want more discussion on it as I can see Treyarch doing this, those trolls.

My original short comment.

"What if the EE will be like MotD were if we do a certain action then the story continues as we know it. But if we do something else it stops everything we know from ever happening and zombies doesn't even exist.

This would make it so that the endings we got in buried are actually the endings. The N4 die there. Maxis destroys the world and re-unites with Samantha and on the other side Richtofen get's full control and the world is his plaything."

Now to elaborate.

So yes in Buried we choose who wins this little rivalry between Richtofen and Maxis.

Once you press the button in Buried they get full control of the Aether, and are able to fulfill there dream with no one stopping them. fun fun.

However after this we see that all our EE progress reset allowing us to redo the EE's over again on any side. Presumably our choices have no effect on the last map because of this.

So, Samantha on the Moon with the O4 may have seen how to wire the teleporters or possibly one of the O3 remember from CotD how Richtofen did it. Then teleport into 1917 WW1 era France. When Maxis and Richtofen first found E115. Here they could stop them from ever creating G935 and stop the events of Der Riese and forward and "breaking the cycle". Or if you do another side of the EE you simply "continue the cycle". After reading this refer down to EDIT #2.

Oh and for those of who haven't heard, one of the Richtofen quotes from Buried is him mentioning a cycle and breaking it. I don't remember the exact quote but I'm sure someone could find a video of it for me.

So as I see it, Buried is the end of our zombie story.

There's nothing else to it.

Zombies has always been connected to compaign in some way

in campaign we got 4 different possible endings

in zombies we have 2 different possbile endings

Remember just a theory. Probably lots of holes and plenty of reasons it can't happen but I'm tired and just had a quick thought on elaborating it a bit. Thanks for reading. Any feedback is welcome.

EDIT: I wanted to add in, if anyone remembers the quote "Let go and the beginning will become the end".

This goes great with my theory.

we either trap these characters in the cycle and story as we know it

or end it at the beginning

and break the cycle

and let go of our beloved story

EDIT #2: Since we know we'll be playing as the younger version of the O4 I could maybe see Maxis or Richtofen going back in time to gain power right from the very beginning. Or the O4 sending a message to their past selves to stop from destroying the earth.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like this theory and in my opinion it is the only Easter egg I could think of. Going into the very active Der Riese and destroying the facility OR killing Maxis and all people that have relations with G935 therefore rewriting the zombie story line. This Easter egg I do think would require the game ending after the completion of the Easter egg.

- On a side note I really hope that we find out all the mysteries in the zombies storyline.

I think doing the easter eggs before the button DO count and will effect the last map, but the info is whiped simply so one CAN go back and redo the Easter eggs for the button-reward for that side... If it kept it the same, one would have to do the other's side first and THEN to back and redo the one again....

For example: If you did richtofen and pushed the button and all the spires stayed lit, that would be nice, but then you can't hit the button again... But what if you wanted the reward again? You would have to do maxis and then richtofen all over again, where is how it is now, doing richtofen again requires simply doing richtofen again...

It also can't allow that kind of gift to be rewarded every game... That would be rediculous and OP....

I think doing the easter eggs before the button DO count and will effect the last map, but the info is whiped simply so one CAN go back and redo the Easter eggs for the button-reward for that side... If it kept it the same, one would have to do the other's side first and THEN to back and redo the one again....

For example: If you did richtofen and pushed the button and all the spires stayed lit, that would be nice, but then you can't hit the button again... But what if you wanted the reward again? You would have to do maxis and then richtofen all over again, where is how it is now, doing richtofen again requires simply doing richtofen again...

It also can't allow that kind of gift to be rewarded every game... That would be rediculous and OP....

It wouldn't allow that kind of gift to be rewarded every game. You're past actions save to your GT or whatever and when you play the map you can do the EE again every game like Moon. That's it.
  • 2 weeks later...

i saw your post on my thread and i cant believe i missed this one, i am usually clicking like crazy on these speculation threads!!

i still stand that buried is not the end of anything but the end of act 2!

and i am also holding to my hopes that not pressing the button will have some sort of effect on origins! a man can dream right??

An idea: What if our actions here make some kind of secret tower? Hmm? One that once activated would corrupt the box in the future, so when a player pushes the button for either side, they get the same ending, BUT this time the O4's actions corrupt the spires, putting a different, unknown leaching entity in charge? Kicking whoever would have been in control anyways out!

An idea: What if our actions here make some kind of secret tower? Hmm? One that once activated would corrupt the box in the future, so when a player pushes the button for either side, they get the same ending, BUT this time the O4's actions corrupt the spires, putting a different, unknown leaching entity in charge? Kicking whoever would have been in control anyways out!

That would be very cool. I'm not quite sure if that would work though since the coding is already in place and changing that much seems unnecessary and I feel 3arc would be much to lazy to do so.

• 11 months later...