Fakes are umong us

These fake images are highly amusing. Old but still my favorite.

"Induction. So when's it coming out? 38th of april holy s--t!" - Spider

bonus dlc5 Robert "Stealth Clown" Bowling Map Pack confirmed you heard it here first, nao lemme make a 20 min video about the font used in this image.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw one a while ago, I can't remember if it was a "leak" for the first or second map pack, but anyways, it was called "Orientation". Seriously. Orientation. Sounds thrilling.

Also, everyone who made fake posters seemed convinced that there was gonna be a zombies map called "Dark Side of the Moon"...

And finally, I'll never forget the time I saw a poster with a multiplayer map called "Water". :lol:

I respect CoDz's no leaks policy, but I'm glad we can still laugh at these!

Allons-y!

You've won my friendship. :D

Same.

Pallets looks like a sick map.

I remember the fake called orientation which was made before MotD. The zombies map was called dead high. The multiplayer maps were water, plane, and I don't remember the others. It had a fake bonus sniper rifle. The image for the map dead high was just the hand from the cover of left 4 dead. Seems legit.

On an unrelated note, I have always wanted a map like the plane from the campaign in MW3, where turbulence is an interactive feature. Of course things like care packages wouldn't work at all.

Also part if the defining characteristic of a leak is that it's real. The reason they aren't allowed us to prevent spoilers. These don't spoil anything, because they're made up.

NEW LEAK 100% CONFIRMED MAP CALLED LOS POLLOS HERMANOS! TAKES PLACE IN A MEXICAN RESTAURANT IN PARIS AND THE CHARACTERS ALL SPEAK SPANISH THIS IS TOTES LEGIT CONFIRMED BY PTG AND TREYARCH!

I thought discussion of "leaks" weren't allowed here?

They aren't. However, this thread is just for discussing the hilariously fake promo cards that people try to convince people with, which is perfectly fine.

Nice!

Time to add some more...

Some are big, so I'll only post the link.

Diversion:

Induction

Insurgence

http://i.imgur.com/iym9yW1.jpg

Liberation:

Tranzition

Lolz DLC 2:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2q2lbnc&s=5//

I never tried.

Some guy posted it on the COD forums with the title "DLC 4 Rebirth was real after all..."

But there was one fake, which I didn't make, but took part in was before MOTD came out.

On the COD Forums, someone claimed to be playing MOTD and shown a picture of themselves holding their 360 controller with a fake MOTD loading screen on their TV.

He also posted the RAW .JPG file.

So I downloaded it and put it on my USB and viewed it on my TV through Xbox's picture viewer. I then took a pic and posted "Hey! I'm playing MOTD too!! >_

I also took another one where I had mu thumb up. lol

Anyway, some YouTuber took my pic and put it in his video and got the fact wrong saying I made it.... ._.

The picture appears around the 0:10 mark. XD

If you want to see the fake and my picture go here:

86VlzSxVfrc

For mobile users: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86VlzSxVfrc

Still made me laugh though.

I even subbed to the guy for making my day. :D

I'll re-take that pic of anyone doubts I'm telling the truth.