Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

Richtofen is insane, and also very childish, he treats everything like a big game so I think this is quite in keeping with his character, particularly how it has developed at the end of BO and throughout BO2.

Where are all these letters being found? I've not really been keeping up with this and don't have time to read through this whole thread right now ...

fair point. I thought Richtofen would have revilled in Maxis' flaws.

Treyarch have been uploading the letters to their facebook page.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm theorizing that Samantha is not the little girl we thought her to be. I think she is either some orphan of the war that was possessed by a demon, or is the incarnation of a demon fully.

I think she's been playing on Maxis' loneliness and/or his desire to have a family. She makes suggestions to him that lead his focus away from the technical and scientific methodology of his mission with 935. Richtofen makes mention of this in his most recent letter.

Why would this little girl (Samantha) do this? Simply to drive a wedge between Maxis and Richtofen and distort their capability. If they were chosen by 935 to undertake these highly secret missions with profound possibilities to advance human technology, they must have been geniuses in their respective fields. Since two minds are better than one, with them both focused and collaborating effectively they would have definitely succeeded.

Samantha may have her own agenda and wishes for their failure, thus, she creates a rift between the two geniuses. In these letters from Richtofen, we only see him beginning to doubt Maxis. Compare that to the way he seems to completely discount Maxis later on (circa BO:2 TranZit) and even become angry when the N4 follow his instrcutions. There seems to have been a progression of Richtofen slowly losing respect for the gifted mind of Maxis.

Samantha's influence has corrupted Maxis. As a result, Richtofen (being the ruthless man he is) tries to rid them both of this influence. He tries to teleport Samantha away. Keep in mind, prior to him doing that their experiements with putting soldiers into the MDT resulted in zombies coming back. So, it was more than likely Richtofen's hope that Samantha would suffer the same fate.

Unfortunately, this may have been Samantha's ultimate goal. Play the two sides against each other until the murderous intent of Richtofen came to the surface and he acted. Perhaps the mystical power of Samantha was able to manipulate the power of MDT instead of just coming back as a zombie.

It's a bit of a complicated theory, but if Samantha were possessed or otherwise supernatural in essence, this could explain her presence "before her time", as well as why the rift between Maxis and Richtofen exists.

I'm theorizing that Samantha is not the little girl we thought her to be. I think she is either some orphan of the war that was possessed by a demon, or is the incarnation of a demon fully.

I think she's been playing on Maxis' loneliness and/or his desire to have a family. She makes suggestions to him that lead his focus away from the technical and scientific methodology of his mission with 935. Richtofen makes mention of this in his most recent letter.

Why would this little girl (Samantha) do this? Simply to drive a wedge between Maxis and Richtofen and distort their capability. If they were chosen by 935 to undertake these highly secret missions with profound possibilities to advance human technology, they must have been geniuses in their respective fields. Since two minds are better than one, with them both focused and collaborating effectively they would have definitely succeeded.

Samantha may have her own agenda and wishes for their failure, thus, she creates a rift between the two geniuses. In these letters from Richtofen, we only see him beginning to doubt Maxis. Compare that to the way he seems to completely discount Maxis later on (circa BO:2 TranZit) and even become angry when the N4 follow his instrcutions. There seems to have been a progression of Richtofen slowly losing respect for the gifted mind of Maxis.

Samantha's influence has corrupted Maxis. As a result, Richtofen (being the ruthless man he is) tries to rid them both of this influence. He tries to teleport Samantha away. Keep in mind, prior to him doing that their experiements with putting soldiers into the MDT resulted in zombies coming back. So, it was more than likely Richtofen's hope that Samantha would suffer the same fate.

Unfortunately, this may have been Samantha's ultimate goal. Play the two sides against each other until the murderous intent of Richtofen came to the surface and he acted. Perhaps the mystical power of Samantha was able to manipulate the power of MDT instead of just coming back as a zombie.

It's a bit of a complicated theory, but if Samantha were possessed or otherwise supernatural in essence, this could explain her presence "before her time", as well as why the rift between Maxis and Richtofen exists.

This is a great theory and one I think is possible. I was trying to find the time to articulate it on this forum, but never did. I think she's not his daughter at all, but he took her in like one. And like you say she's possessed or other worldly. I also think she doesn't seem to age, since she seems similar (so far) from WW1 to WW2, but Maxis ignored this because of his love for her.

Soooo what is this??

Is it just advertising for people that haven't bought it?? Or are they going to bring out more??

Just more advertising. Treyarch is really going all out by advertising Origins every chance they get. They're not even talking a single bit about multiplayer.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mix & PINNAZ for holding this thread down with the badass enlistment posters. Added to OP.

This thread is like a time capsule, reading back over - totally captured one of the most fun times I've had on CoDZ. Thanks for making this thread awesome, everyone :mrgreen:

This was also posted on Treyarch's Facebook page today.

Not sure this belongs here. But I'm not sure where else to put it, and I don't think it deserves it's own thread

Apocalypse, the studio's fourth and final DLC pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, will launch next week on September 26 for PS3 and PC fans. We'd like to celebrate that launch and take a moment to thank the best community of fans in the world for supporting us and the game throughout the year. Tune in to hear more from devs like David Vonderhaar (Studio Design Director), Cesar Stastny (Director of Technology) and Jason Blundell (Sr. Executive Producer), as well the studio's Director of Communications, John Rafacz about what is in store for the coming week.

- Mix