Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

Perhaps someone we haven't met yet? There are no certainties until the DLC comes out...

Would sincerely doubt that. They made it pretty obvious that it's Samantha given the achievement, and her speaking in the opening. It'd be weird if it wasn't Samantha.

Yup, I agree that it'd be weird if it wasn't her. Tac pretty much summed up how I meant it:

As for Samantha, it just.. I'm sure it will be her, I just don't see how. She simply shouldn't be alive. As of 1942, she was between 6-10 years old, according to the terminal. I'm baffled. Seems like it should be Sophia or someone. But like I said, I'm sure it'll be Samantha.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May 13 1918

The journal of Pablo Marinus has been a most valuable source of information... We now stand at the edge of a brave new world. Our survey of the site has led us to believe that this location may hold the largest single source of 115 yet discovered. We have been authorized to begin work immediately...

Maxis has become obsessed, he neglects the true focus of our mission and instead chases legends and myths. I fear that the girl's influence may have irrevocably poisoned his mind. It is with considerable regret that I must report his current mental instability to group 935's leaders...

- Richtofen

I have a feeling the "girl" that influenced Maxis to be obsessed with legends and myths may be one of the women from the Vril Society, "Sigrun" or Maria Orzich.

Maria Orzich

"Sigrun"

Then again, there is the achievement...

Little Lost Girl - In Origins, release Samantha

- Mix

Interestingly enough Richtofen in his letters, is acting and sounding a lot like Maxis did (Pre-Der Reise and Samantha entering the MPD), while Maxis seems to be a jobbling lunatic here.

Exactly.

This isn't an alternate reality. It's being called a prequel for a reason. It's the beginning to the story we know and love.

The choice of words doesn't cover the large amount of time inconsistencies.

Why do you people want an alternate reality so much? Just...no.

1. ...Because I choose to believe it. Why do you people not want an alternate reality so much?

2.Very elaborate counter-argument you made there. "Just...no" should be the mantra of debate clubs.

As for Samantha, it just.. I'm sure it will be her, I just don't see how. She simply shouldn't be alive. As of 1942, she was between 6-10 years old, according to the terminal. I'm baffled. Seems like it should be Sophia or someone. But like I said, I'm sure it'll be Samantha.

The theory is applied; it explains Samantha's early presence. The only other reason I can think of is that she doesn't age, and that has much less merit than the theory.

Yeah an alternate reality would be too out there,

If this is an alternate reality then in BO3 we might as well be in an alternate reality where we all have heads of ducks and shoot dung bullets at gnomes, the amount of questions, possibilities and paradoxes an alternate reality would bring up would be too high

Slippery slope fallacy? Really? The alternate reality theory seems to be Treyarch's way out of time travel paradoxes. Also, again, "would be too out there" is another famous counter-argument for the books.

This isn't an alternate reality. It's being called a prequel for a reason. It's the beginning to the story we know and love.

1. ...Because choose to believe it. Why do you people not want an alternate reality so much?

2.Very elaborate counter-argument you made there. "Just...no" should be the mantra of debate clubs.

Time consistencies such as the weapons and such? Easily explained. Germans developed them or aliens, but since all the crazy crap happened they all couldn't be used, or salvaged rather. Weapons could also be prototypes, but most likely they just put them in there because they thought we'd realize that the weapons have been inconstant before. It also isn't relevant if Samantha is going back to the past.

Why I don't want it to be an alternate reality is because it's supposed to be a prequel. Makes it seem as if everything else is for nothing. Not to mention, it would render the whole point of the towers pointless. Saying just no was not a counter argument. This would be my counter argument for why it's a stupid idea (no offense to those who want it).

1. ...Because choose to believe it. Why do you people not want an alternate reality so much?

Time consistencies such as the weapons and such? Easily explained. Germans developed them or aliens, but since all the crazy crap happened they all couldn't be used, or salvaged rather. Weapons could also be prototypes, but most likely they just put them in there because they thought we'd realize that the weapons have been inconstant before. It also isn't relevant if Samantha is going back to the past.

I haven't considered the Mystery Box's options very canonical. I was talking about many of the things mentioned in this thread:http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=35180

Why I don't want it to be an alternate reality is because it's supposed to be a prequel. Makes it seem as if everything else is for nothing. Not to mention, it would render the whole point of the towers pointless. Saying just no was not a counter argument. This would be my counter argument for why it's a stupid idea (no offense to those who want it).

It seems timelines can be connected by time travel. It is still possible for this to be a prequel in the community's meaning of the word AND in an alternate reality, but the answer would be quite confusing.

As for the towers, they were part of the N4 saga. I find it a bad choice of what else to do on Treyarch's part. However, if I was connecting the saga to DLC4, I would make Maxis's ending to save Samantha from Agartha very relevant.

I haven't considered the Mystery Box's options very canonical. I was talking about many of the things mentioned in this thread:http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=35180

It seems timelines can be connected by time travel. It is still possible for this to be a prequel in the community's meaning of the word AND in an alternate reality, but the answer would be quite confusing.

As for the towers, they were part of the N4 saga. I find it a bad choice of what else to do on Treyarch's part. However, if I was connecting the saga to DLC4, I would make Maxis's ending to save Samantha from Agartha very relevant.

I knew you were referring to that thread. My point still stands. Besides, this is zombies, they can take liberties. For godsake there are zombies. Last I checked, there weren't zombies in WWI. It would probably have all been covered up, if talked about in a historical standpoint, and again, the weapons could be prototypes.

I can barely understand what you're trying to say on the second point... kinda confusing. If reality were altered it wouldn't be a prequel at all no matter what they did. If samantha went to the past and changed everything, then Maxis is completely irrelevant in agartha. Not quite sure what you were trying to say.

@J DawgMillenium

May I say that in your writing you are presenting yourself as heavily aggressive.

As ZOTD said about his overall feelings about this theory, my "too out there" statement was not a counter argument, it was simply an overall statement of my feelings towards that theory. People have emotions and feelings, not just a list of reasons and arguments for a debate.

I could pick up an many things on this website and interpret them as something differant, but I don't

E.g.

It seems timelines can be connected by time travel.

That is a direct contradiction of the word, time travel is the travel through time, which can be also called a timeline. NOT the travel between timelines

My best guess is that that image is from the new trailer we'll be getting, and that the map will feature mainly one giant robot, with others being able to be seen in the distance.

Just restating what I said in the other thread about the multiple giants.

They look like they are all the same distance away to me though. I suppose one could move closer though

Well have to wait and see :)

They really are hyping up this :D

The angle of the image on the screen is weird. I don't think that's gameplay.

Also, side note, anyone else noticed in the top left corner that it says "EclipseDLC4?" Reminds me of that "leak" a few months before BOII's announcement that called it Call of Duty: Eclipse. ;)

I think that's just BO2's codename. :D

Apart from the 3 Giant Robots, that was the first thing I noticed aswell.

As Mr Perfect said, that must be the codename for BO2 zombies? Remember Mr Roflwaffles figured out the release date of BO2 from an advertisement that said "Eclipse" and there just happened to be an eclipse on the 13th of Novemeber.

I was wondering if we would get another trailer or preview after they released Richtofen's notes. "what will they do until Tuesday then?". Rezurection had 2 trailers, though they weren't really gameplay trailers, so it kind of makes sense to hype this map pack release even more.

This should be an epic map, I expect a lot of back story to be explained, but at the same time, I think there will be more questions & confusion with the story once it's done and dusted. This is treyarch marketing, this map will not make any sense.

Richtofen is insane, and also very childish, he treats everything like a big game so I think this is quite in keeping with his character, particularly how it has developed at the end of BO and throughout BO2.

Where are all these letters being found? I've not really been keeping up with this and don't have time to read through this whole thread right now ...