Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

perhaps this is the map we can break the cycle? the very beginning, is the very end?

What if after all the story up to buried came to play, edward transported himself back in time to his old self, thus creating the time rift, making a cycle that goes to buried, always ends with having to start from the beginning. perhaps the easter egg will take part in breaking the cycle, and the 04 have a showdown Arlington style.

Take out Edward, final wave of zombies, the cycle is broken. The outbreak is contained and neutralized.

Edward takes out the 03, he captures them, resuscitate them with 115, the cycle continues....

I like this.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps this is the map we can break the cycle? the very beginning, is the very end?

What if after all the story up to buried came to play, edward transported himself back in time to his old self, thus creating the time rift, making a cycle that goes to buried, always ends with having to start from the beginning. perhaps the easter egg will take part in breaking the cycle, and the 04 have a showdown Arlington style.

Take out Edward, final wave of zombies, the cycle is broken. The outbreak is contained and neutralized.

Edward takes out the 03, he captures them, resuscitate them with 115, the cycle continues....

Why would Richtofen choose to lose all his power? I understand that he may not be happy with his circumstance like he thought he would, but it seems out of character for him to give up. Also, it assumes that you chose Richtofen's ending over Maxis's.

Why would Richtofen choose to lose all his power? I understand that he may not be happy with his circumstance like he thought he would, but it seems out of character for him to give up. Also, it assumes that you chose Richtofen's ending over Maxis's.

a paradox is a paradox, i just thought a showdown between the doc-tah, and his three manipulated subjects, one last go round, winner take all, would be a fitting way to top an already exponentially creative map. as a fan, i feel as if it would do its justice.

a paradox is a paradox, i just thought a showdown between the doc-tah, and his three manipulated subjects, one last go round, winner take all, would be a fitting way to top an already exponentially creative map. as a fan, i feel as if it would do its justice.

That's a terrible idea, actually. It just makes it seem as if everything else is pointless, because everything ends at the beginning. There was a reason for the cycle in MotD. There isn't for the O4. This is the origin story, and that's all it should be: a prequel.

Not to mention, it'd be the exact same as MotD.

I'm going to have to agree with ZOTD and MMX here. That theory just doesn't sit right for me, and for those above reasons.

+1. It does the story no justice. To be honest I've seen theories like this quite often and I personally don't want Treyarch tampering with our present-day story with a prequel map- if it's going to be about Origins, for the love of Richtofen keep it about Origins.

The achievements are here, guys! Sorry if someone else posted this and I missed it.

Little Lost Girl: In Origins, release Samantha.

Not a Gold Digger: In Origins, share a weapon you dug up.

All Your Base: In Origins, activate all generators without allowing one to stop.

Kung Fu Grip: In Origins, free yourself and another from the Panzer Soldat's Claw in one game.

Playing with Power: In Origins, build all elemental staffs in one game.

I'm on a Tank!: In Origins, ride the tank around the map without getting off.

Saving the Day... All Day: In Origins, revive another player four different ways in one game.

Master of Disguise: In Origins, use Zombie Blood to revive three players and activate a generator in one game.

Overachiever: In Origins, complete all 4 Challenges in one game.

Master Wizard: In Origins, wield all of the ultimate staffs in one game.

Seems like a better version of MOTD's EE.

Maybe in Lost Little Girl we have to release Samantha from Richtofen's body?

I'm interested in the 4 revives.

#1: Standard Revive [100% in the map]

#2: Ballistic Knives [May not be in this map though]

#3: Zombie Blood [in the map judging from the achivements]

#4: ??????

I reckon one of the ways is using one of those "staffs" the achievements mention.

I hope the challenges aren't as hard as the "Awaken the Gazebo" achievment from Buried.

That was a challenege.

I'm interested in the 4 revives.

#1: Standard Revive [100% in the map]

#2: Ballistic Knives [May not be in this map though]

#3: Zombie Blood [in the map judging from the achivements]

#4: ??????

I reckon one of the ways is using one of those "staffs" the achievements mention.

I hope the challenges aren't as hard as the "Awaken the Gazebo" achievment from Buried.

That was a challenege.

That would be my guess. Elemental Staffs? Maybe Fire, Water, Earth, and Air?

An Elemental addition to zombies is mind blowing because it could very well be a better way to describe the eye color. Fire=Red, Water=Blue, Earth=Yellow/Orange, Air=Purple

Who knows at this point. Treyarch is no longer throwing curveballs, these are fracking knuckleballs.

I've kind of thought since seeing the trailer that Samantha may be put into Ricks body, and that achievement makes men think that even more.

How does it make men think of it more? ;)

Anyway, I thought that. The EE could possibly be creating all these staffs and using them to help release Samantha from Richtofen's body and get Richtofen back in his own.

The achievements are here, guys! Sorry if someone else posted this and I missed it.

Little Lost Girl: In Origins, release Samantha.

Not a Gold Digger: In Origins, share a weapon you dug up.

All Your Base: In Origins, activate all generators without allowing one to stop.

Kung Fu Grip: In Origins, free yourself and another from the Panzer Soldat's Claw in one game.

Playing with Power: In Origins, build all elemental staffs in one game.

I'm on a Tank!: In Origins, ride the tank around the map without getting off.

Saving the Day... All Day: In Origins, revive another player four different ways in one game.

Master of Disguise: In Origins, use Zombie Blood to revive three players and activate a generator in one game.

Overachiever: In Origins, complete all 4 Challenges in one game.

Master Wizard: In Origins, wield all of the ultimate staffs in one game.

Thankyou ducky!

Little Lost girl: Seems like it would be impossible for sam to be here in this time which leads me to believe: There are either multiple Samanthas or the time we're in effects things that happen later in time...

Dug up weapons eh? Perhaps it will work a bit like the chalk? Maybe here you can only get certain weapons that were buried...

Ahhh so we have a NAME for the mini-robots...

So we have MULTIPLE power switches that turn off? Weird, but cool!

So there are multiple elemental staffs? Cool different effects to the same (supposed) wonder weapon...

Tank on a tank COOL!

Ok so ways we know of reviving: Time-bombing, ballistics-kniving, normal reviving, but how else?

Oh well there's one way: zombie blood... Perhaps those viles of blood from the trailer will come in handy...

Apparently this can be used on the generators as well...

I LOVE challenges! I wonder what they are....

Hmm... Maybe there's a difference between staff and ULTIMATE staff... PAP anyone?