Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

Now why is it that Maxis looks WAAAAAAAAAAY FUCKING OLD? Like, he must be 10 years older than Richtofen.

I noticed that, too. Looks like he's about 60 unless that's later on in life.

You'd have to wonder... Who would marry Maxis and have a child with him later, considering he is THAT old?

Unless there's a plot twist: element 115 has a hidden ability to make people younger :lol:

Gee here's a thought, maybe someone that loved him?

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Transcript via MixMasterNut:

April 14, 1918

After far too long waiting on the sidelines, we finally got our first taste of combat. Our actions at Belleau Wood seem to have brought their Spring Offensive to a grinding halt. We even heard talk that Fritz has nicknamed us the Devil Dogs', following the all round ass kicking they took... and that's fine by me. We intercepted communications suggesting that we're not the only nation to learn of the enemy's plans. Scuttlebutt is that the Russians & Japanese are looking to grab a slice of the action. Things are going to get interesting

Dempsey

Wow. I've just found the video in this thread, Where it says "I'm Samantha". Well, there goes my thoughts.... Now, I am completely lost. How could she even be thought of in 1918 if she was about 8 years old in the 40's? :? Weird. Weird stuff.

Remember Samantha's room in Kino? WAAAAY back then. Remember the original four as "dolls" set up around a "playset" with the teddy bear staring at them. That was in Samantha's "Normal" room. In the "demonized" room the characters were gone and everything was messed up.

Also, remember the lullaby in Der Reise way back in WaW?

What if what we are playing, experiencing, is all part of a narration, a story as told by Samantha. It all began when she wanted to "play a game"...

Just a possibility though... :mrgreen:

Wow. I've just found the video in this thread, Where it says "I'm Samantha". Well, there goes my thoughts.... Now, I am completely lost. How could she even be thought of in 1918 if she was about 8 years old in the 40's? :? Weird. Weird stuff.

Remember Samantha's room in Kino? WAAAAY back then. Remember the original four as "dolls" set up around a "playset" with the teddy bear staring at them. That was in Samantha's "Normal" room. In the "demonized" room the characters were gone and everything was messed up.

What if what we are playing, experiencing, is all part of a narration, a story as told by Samantha. It all began when she wanted to "play a game"...

Her saying I'm going to tell you how this all really began, sorta worries me about the previous maps. Was everything we experienced in Black Ops and WaW, in someone else's perspective?

And for those not up to par on Marine history, this is factual about the Germans naming the Marines Teufel Hunden, or Devil Dogs.

Cool!

Here's a nice link about it, with a US motivational poster, the origins of the name in WW1, and the Battle of Belleau Wood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_Dog

Of course I thought of Samantha's dogs first. Then the Cerberus MotD dogs.

Speaking of MotD, check this out:

Her saying I'm going to tell you how this all really began, sorta worries me about the previous maps. Was everything we experienced in Black Ops and WaW, in someone else's perspective?

I'm guessing "Samantha" (as I don't believe this voice to be the Sam we know) is just letting us know that Origins is where it began, as opposed to Shi No Numa or Nacht. SNN was the first map that featured our O4, so it was natural to assume that this was the origins of those four characters. Likewise, Nacht was the first map altogether. This voice is just alluding to how the story actually began.

Another Devil Dogs reference...

For those too lazy to click on the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_Dog

According to United States Marine Corps legend, the moniker was used by German soldiers to describe U.S. Marines who fought in the Battle of Belleau Wood in 1918. The Marines fought with such ferocity that they were likened to "Dogs from Hell." The reports were made by American media and not verified by actual Germans. The "Devil Dogs" nickname for Marines first appeared in newspapers in the United States in April 1918 - about two months before the Battle of Belleau Wood. The LaCrosse Tribune ran a story about the nickname on April 27, 1918, and other newspapers used the story as early as April 14, 1918. The Battle of Belleau Wood began on June 1, 1918.

The April 27th article from the LaCrosse Tribune was probably referring to the action on April 20, 1918, the first action between the Marines and the Germans. The Germans made several attacks against the Marines on that date and were unable to dislodge them. The article states that it was the first scrap between the Marines and the Germans, showing that it was prior to the major fighting in June.

- Mix

Great points you two. Maybe everything that we have come to know has nothing to do with Samantha, or maybe Samantha is someone entirely different, or perhaps a project of some sort. The voice over in the trailer saying "I'm Samantha" doesn't sound even sound like a lady; much less a little girl. :? Or, the voice over could just be someone speaking for her.

The devil dog thing is interesting because there are the hell-hounds in zombies. This all dates back to the governments of Germany and America. Richtofen was in Five. I just don't see exactly why...... Yet.

Great points you two. Maybe everything that we have come to know has nothing to do with Samantha, or maybe Samantha is someone entirely different, or perhaps a project of some sort. The voice over in the trailer saying "I'm Samantha" doesn't sound even sound like a lady; much less a little girl. :?

The devil dog thing is interesting because there are the hell-hounds in zombies. This all dates back to the governments of Germany and America. Richtofen was in Five. I just don't see exactly why...... Yet.

I'm not sure if you got it but I friend requested you on PSN a while ago, I know you have Kino but that's fine, I'd rather play that than Tranzit.

Great points you two. Maybe everything that we have come to know has nothing to do with Samantha, or maybe Samantha is someone entirely different, or perhaps a project of some sort. The voice over in the trailer saying "I'm Samantha" doesn't sound even sound like a lady; much less a little girl. :?

I'm not sure if you got it but I friend requested you on PSN a while ago, I know you have Kino but that's fine, I'd rather play that than Tranzit.

Hey you,

I haven't been on my PS lately. Thank You for telling me this. I will get on there today and hopefully we can all play some Kino Der Toten. 8-) I don't have a Mic on PlayStation, but I can follow and determine what everyone likes to do and their play style.