Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week! I'm so excited

EDIT: This new woman that Nikolai mentions may be wife 6? Not sure, just anyone after 5

No, five was in Stalin's time based on Nikolai's bio. Besides, this is when he's in like his mid 20s. Nikolai just gets around with alot of women.

Oh yeah that's right. So he was banised from Russia... twice :P

I'm pretty versed on Nikolai's wife history, but I'm drawing a blank here. Could you refresh my memory on where this info of this particular wife came from?

Btw guys, I downloaded a 1080p version of the official trailer by Treyarch (pure trailer, no intro, outro, talking, or any of THAT stuff) on my computer before they took it off. Hey, maybe I can sell it for money just like how people sell Pokemon cards that are valuable because they have errors that the developers made :P

• Administrators

I'm pretty versed on Nikolai's wife history, but I'm drawing a blank here. Could you refresh my memory on where this info of this particular wife came from?

Btw guys, I downloaded a 1080p version of the official trailer by Treyarch (pure trailer, no intro, outro, talking, or any of THAT stuff) on my computer before they took it off. Hey, maybe I can sell it for money just like how people sell Pokemon cards that are valuable because they have errors that the developers made :P

Likewise, I've got a list of their details. Wife 5 was the reason Stalin banished Nikolai, because she was having an affair with a politician and he killed her for it. Stalin fthen feared him and sent him to the front lines.

EDIT: Not banish, persay, just ended his "political reign"

Likewise, I've got a list of their details. Wife 5 was the reason Stalin banished him, because she was having an affair with a politician and he killed her for it. Stalin fthen feared him and sent him to the front lines.

But where did you get that from?

• Administrators

Likewise, I've got a list of their details. Wife 5 was the reason Stalin banished him, because she was having an affair with a politician and he killed her for it. Stalin fthen feared him and sent him to the front lines.

But where did you get that from?

It is in the bio Treyarch released during Shi No Numa. This is the old link (http://www.callofduty.com/intel/227), but it has since been removed. When I get home from my Alcatraz visit I'm at, I can get the new link for you.

Week! I'm so excited

EDIT: This new woman that Nikolai mentions may be wife 6? Not sure, just anyone after 5

No, five was in Stalin's time based on Nikolai's bio. Besides, this is when he's in like his mid 20s. Nikolai just gets around with alot of women.

Oh yeah that's right. So he was banised from Russia... twice :P

Well this first time seems like it's for more of a reason then sending him on the front lines. They did give him the mission to go to Origins after all ;)

Nikolai mentions having a total of nine wives (the ninth was apparently killed during the Earth's destruction, according to Nikolai on Moon). Finally the time has come to put my "Nikolai's Wives" Word document to good use!

Wife #1: Killed with a shotgun (perhaps the good woman he mentions in the letter?)

Wife #2: Killed by either a PPSh-41 or PTRS-41.

Wife #3: Never found quotes about her...anyone find anything?

Wife #4: She may have actually escaped, however an Ascension quote implies that he chased her down and strangled her.

Wife #5: Beheaded with an axe (this murder was what prompted Stalin to drop Nikolai from political status).

Wife #6: No idea.

Wife #7: Could still be alive, as Nikolai mentions on Moon he wishes to tell his 7th wife he finally made it to the moon. He also had an affair during this marriage.

Wife #8: I think I may have heard him say he accidentally killed her (but later whispered she was a bitch), but that may have been a different wife.

Wife #9: According to Nikolai, she died during the missile launch (of course this is debatable depending on Moon's date).

EDIT: Wife #3 definitely died, but faced her death with courage, at least according to Nikolai. Wife #4 was indeed strangled, and apparently took many other lives with her in the process (I'm imagining a huge woman slaughtering everyone in her way while being chased by a drunken Nikolai :lol: )

They ALL have demons.

Tank may not have murdered his wives or family but he's still a killer. He relishes war and revels in the glory of filth and blood.

There really isn't someone you could consider a "good guy" among them but that doesn't mean they're evil or completely bad people.

Takeo makes it clear that he wants to reclaim his honor and redeem himself, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to believe the others might feel similar.

4 Monsters vs an army of Undead Monsters.

Shouldn't we despise Nikolai? He's murdered most of his wives on cold blood, and I believe somewhere I read, Takeo murdered his family. Tank seems to be the only real hero, and not a cold blooded murderer.

Takeo did indeed murder his family for their "dishonor", so you have a point. No one ever said this band of misfits was ever heroic- in fact, they were unknowingly aiding the antagonist the whole time! :P

Shouldn't we despise Nikolai? He's murdered most of his wives on cold blood, and I believe somewhere I read, Takeo murdered his family. Tank seems to be the only real hero, and not a cold blooded murderer.

Takeo did indeed murder his family for their "dishonor", so you have a point. No one ever said this band of misfits was ever heroic- in fact, they were unknowingly aiding the antagonist the whole time! :P

I'm not saying I don't like them, I love these characters. But they're murderers, except Tank really. It sorta creates an uneasy feel for them.

They ALL have demons.

Tank may not have murdered his wives or family but he's still a killer. He relishes war and revels in the glory of filth and blood.

There really isn't someone you could consider a "good guy" among them but that doesn't mean they're evil or completely bad people.

Takeo makes it clear that he wants to reclaim his honor and redeem himself, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to believe the others might feel similar.

4 Monsters vs an army of Undead Monsters.

Tank actually committed atrocious war crimes in World War II that were overlooked by the government since it was "for America".

But yeah, these characters evolved over time. Their eyes were opened to right and wrong as they fought zombies. It is why I am uneasy about going back to before then. And since this is before they ever got brainwashed... there's no telling what they're going to be like.

Tank actually committed atrocious war crimes in World War II that were overlooked by the government since it was "for America".

But yeah, these characters evolved over time. Their eyes were opened to right and wrong as they fought zombies. It is why I am uneasy about going back to before then. And since this is before they ever got brainwashed... there's no telling what they're going to be like.

Wait wah? What war crimes did Tank commit?

Wait wah? What war crimes did Tank commit?

Specifically? Who knows? In fact, the term "war crime" was made only after World War II in retrospect because World War II was just that awful. So technically Tank didn't break a law. Typical war crimes are killing civilians, unarmed soldiers, surrendered soldiers, etc.

Specifically? Who knows? In fact, the term "war crime" was made only after World War II in retrospect because World War II was just that awful. So technically Tank didn't break a law. Typical war crimes are killing civilians, unarmed soldiers, surrendered soldiers, etc.

Oh I see, so he probably committed a war crime is what you're saying because of his sort of war mongering personality? Makes sense, I suppose.

Oh I see, so he probably committed a war crime is what you're saying because of his sort of war mongering personality? Makes sense, I suppose.

Just read his biography. It screams war crime.

1) The Idea of the Maxis we know of before the trailer is Junior and the one in the photo is Senior. I can buy that.

2) Don't know if I said it in this thread, but I'll say it again. Richtofen was cutting up a Zombies while it was still "Alive" hence why it was tied down.

3) Theirs and Iron Cross on the Chest of the Robot.

Just read his biography. It screams war crime.

It kinda does, I can imagine he probably killed a few unarmed/ surrendered soldiers. Either way, compared to the others he has the least demons by far. Thanks for clarifying about the war crime thing btw.

It kinda does, I can imagine he probably killed a few unarmed/ surrendered soldiers. Either way, compared to the others he has the least demons by far. Thanks for clarifying about the war crime thing btw.

I agree. No problem. I used to like Takeo the best until Shangri-La when we found he killed his family. He might've had a good reason. They could've been traitor Nazis for all we know... but then again they could've just made the rice wrong... who knows... Tank on the other hand, he killed innocent/relatively-innocent people, but it was for a good cause, right? So out of all the horrors, he's done the least.

But my favorite will always go to Samantha. The only people she killed were murderers (Richtofen's gang). She was just a sweet, innocent child that got mixed up in all this. Even when she's corrupted, she's less wicked than them. It's why I'm so glad Samantha's back. :D I just wish the voice-acting was better. But I'll hold off my judgement on that until the map comes.

I agree. No problem. I used to like Takeo the best until Shangri-La when we found he killed his family. He might've had a good reason. They could've been traitor Nazis for all we know... but then again they could've just made the rice wrong... who knows... Tank on the other hand, he killed innocent/relatively-innocent people, but it was for a good cause, right? So out of all the horrors, he's done the least.

But my favorite will always go to Samantha. The only people she killed were murderers (Richtofen's gang). She was just a sweet, innocent child that got mixed up in all this. Even when she's corrupted, she's less wicked than them. It's why I'm so glad Samantha's back. :D I just wish the voice-acting was better. But I'll hold off my judgement on that until the map comes.

Yeah, I pretty much agree. Tak did say he slaughtered them for their insolence, so take that however you like. I feel like based on his personality he should have had a decent reason, but it could have just been for not supporting the emperor.

+1 on Samantha also. I have a feeling all of the outbreaks related to her were solely to kill richtofen or preventing anything related to 935 to be uncovered. She doesn't want to kill just to kill, but to prevent anything else bad from happening.

I believe Takeo said that they're dishonor disgraced him as a warrior, which is why he killed them. Nikolai killed at least six of his nine wives and Tank murdered somewhat innocent/unarmed others. And we really don't need to go into Richtofen...

I have never really thought about the irony of these characters: they are monsters fighting monsters. :shock:

As for Samantha, I totally agree as well. All the outbreaks take place at locations furthering the research of Group 935 (the Pentagon, Ascension Cosmodrome etc). She was only fulfilling her father's dying wish- to ensure their work is never completed.

I believe Takeo said that they're dishonor disgraced him as a warrior, which is why he killed them. Nikolai killed at least six of his nine wives and Tank murdered somewhat innocent/unarmed others. And we really don't need to go into Richtofen...

I have never really thought about the irony of these characters: they are monsters fighting monsters. :shock:

As for Samantha, I totally agree as well. All the outbreaks take place at locations furthering the research of Group 935 (the Pentagon, Ascension Cosmodrome etc). She was only fulfilling her father's dying wish- to ensure their work is never completed.

I like how I started this :P I've always wanted to make a thread about this but I didn't think I had enough proof or I would be disregarded. But it's nice to discuss, it's a really interesting topic.

I'm very glad you started this! With the O4 being gone for so long I've never really gotten the chance to examine who these characters are beneath their stereotypes. I think it will be really interesting to see how they act in their pre-brainwashed personalities, seeing as how each character's personality in WaW and Black Ops I are conceived from Richtofen's experiments: Nikolai can only function with vodka, Tank was given anger issues and Takeo's mind was broken into making him only speak in quiet proverbs.

I'm very glad you started this! With the O4 being gone for so long I've never really gotten the chance to examine who these characters are beneath their stereotypes. I think it will be really interesting to see how they act in their pre-brainwashed personalities, seeing as how each character's personality in WaW and Black Ops I are conceived from Richtofen's experiments: Nikolai can only function with vodka, Tank was given anger issues and Takeo's mind was broken into making him only speak in quiet proverbs.

I'll be a little disappointed if they're the same exact people. But I trust Treyarch because its their story, not ours. Even though without this community, we wouldn't have gotten the story.