Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right I just looked into this Bar-le-Due or as some sites say Bar-le-Duc. From my understanding it makes great jelly, but that's besides the point.

I beleive that this map is not directly on Bar-le-Due but rather is near it, according to multiple websites (google search Bar-le-Duc zeppelin) a zeppelin was shot down near the city. The zeppelin in the trailer leads me to believe that this is specifically a site near but not in the city. I'm going to keep on searching for historical sites around the location but I thought this might be of some insight as to why the zeppelin is there and where the location might be better pin pointed..

Here's a site with the history of the location, hope it helps.

http://www.barleduc.fr/rubrique.aspx?Ca ... 9&Niveau=2

All right I just looked into this Bar-le-Due or as some sites say Bar-le-Duc. From my understanding it makes great jelly, but that's besides the point.

I beleive that this map is not directly on Bar-le-Due but rather is near it, according to multiple websites (google search Bar-le-Duc zeppelin) a zeppelin was shot down near the city. The zeppelin in the trailer leads me to believe that this is specifically a site near but not in the city. I'm going to keep on searching for historical sites around the location but I thought this might be of some insight as to why the zeppelin is there and where the location might be better pin pointed..

Here's a site with the history of the location, hope it helps.

http://www.barleduc.fr/rubrique.aspx?Ca ... 9&Niveau=2

Thank you for that. It's quite interesting. :) Hopefully we find out more soon.

"'Scuse me, just getting used to the Aether! Wreaks havoc on the pipes. Ah, right." -Richtofen from the Aether

Since Samantha's voice sounds horribly different than the cutesy eight-year-old voice we were shown on Moon, I suspect she is in control of the zombies during Origins. How? I have no idea, but Treyarch will have some explaining to do. LOTS of explaining to do.

The new Nikolai note gives us a consolidated time-frame for Origins: Feb. 23rd, 1918-Nov. 11th, 1918. His comments about a woman could suggest France was where he found wife #1. :lol:

Perhaps the Maxis in the Intro was Ludvig Maxis Senior, who then had a son called Maxis Junior, the one we know.

I doubt this myself but I just thought I would through this out there.

That's actually a good theory.

Then the body richtofen is dissecting could be Maxis Sr. It could show why Maxis Jr resents Richtofen so much.

I got a bit of information on what those zombies that we're buried there might be. They are defiantly knight's Templar. You can tell by their colors on the back of their clothing. Red and white with the cross on the front more then fits the description. I am currently thinking that Edward and Maxis were searching for ancient Christan relics of power. This was done commonly during WWII but beforehand would not surprise me considering they were looking for ancient powers. The knight Templar were soldiers who guarded their ancient religious relics such as the holy grail and the staff of Moses. I have a weird feeling that they we're searching for eternal life by trying to find the holy grail and instead found eternal life through 115. Of course though it isn't quite what they we're thinking.

Perhaps the Maxis in the Intro was Ludvig Maxis Senior, who then had a son called Maxis Junior, the one we know.

That's a possibility but it doesn't explain everyone else. I mean, Richtofen Jr.? Tank Jr.?

People are beginning to just throw theories out of their asses now lol. Maxis jr? Lol come on.

I got a bit of information on what those zombies that we're buried there might be. They are defiantly knight's Templar. You can tell by their colors on the back of their clothing. Red and white with the cross on the front more then fits the description. I am currently thinking that Edward and Maxis were searching for ancient Christan relics of power. This was done commonly during WWII but beforehand would not surprise me considering they were looking for ancient powers. The knight Templar were soldiers who guarded their ancient religious relics such as the holy grail and the staff of Moses. I have a weird feeling that they we're searching for eternal life by trying to find the holy grail and instead found eternal life through 115. Of course though it isn't quite what they we're thinking.

Great stuff! I agree, the zombies we saw were definitely Knights Templar, however the ancient ruin 935 was excavating appears to be Neolithic judging from the architecture. PINNAZ made a great thread about it I recommend you read. Some cool stuff is in there.

That's a possibility but it doesn't explain everyone else. I mean, Richtofen Jr.? Tank Jr.?

They're likely the same age... Maybe they get teleported in the end 20 or so years into the future....

But they are not that old. If they are all about 20-25, they they would be about 42-50 years old, whichcould be possible. Scratch that, that would make them too old in my eyes.

But they are not that old. If they are all about 20-25, they they would be about 42-50 years old, whichcould be possible. Scratch that, that would make them too old in my eyes.

Have you played the BO2 campaign? Woods was 59 by the end of the 80s segment and looked like he did when he was 30.

The only one that's really a stretch is Dempsey.

Did we miss the new nikolai letter?

Or am I just being an idiot?

"Despite my abdication, my country remains gripped by civil war, reds and whites battle for power as i am forced to watch helplessly from afar. Despite the March treaty many among us do not expect lasting piece. Our memories will not allow us to forget the tens of thousands of souls lost Tannenburg... This war remains a threat to all our futures... The people of france share my hatred and contempt for the thin(?) They have been very kind to me on my journeys; offering me food shelter and more worldly comforts, it is a great relief that has risen among the madness of war, I may still find moments of joy in the arms of good women...

-Nikolai"

Did we miss the new nikolai letter?

Or am I just being an idiot?

"Despite my abdication, my country remains gripped by civil war, reds and whites battle for power as i am forced to watch helplessly from afar. Despite the March treaty many among us do not expect lasting piece. Our memories will not allow us to forget the tens of thousands of souls lost Tannenburg... This war remains a threat to all our futures... The people of france share my hatred and contempt for the thin(?) They have been very kind to me on my journeys; offering me food shelter and more worldly comforts, it is a great relief that has risen among the madness of war, I may still find moments of joy in the arms of good women...

-Nikolai"

We were talking about it a few pages ago. Not sure why everyone sort of ignored it after, though.

So just a re-cap on things we're waiting on:

Tank's Letter

Richtofen's letter

The replacers trailer

The achievement list

The Leader-board update

All of which may be dropped at ANY moment during the fallowing week....

What fun!

Shouldn't they have released a Replacer trailer already? They might not shell out the money for one since it is the last DLC.