Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

notice how we didn't even get a glimpse of the zombie in the "big daddy" mech suit. really interested to find out what the deal is with it.

The MotD intro didn't exactly show Brutus either. Well, it showed him when he was Zombie Ferguson anyway.

Really excited for this map now. But how does Samantha even know of the story of this map to even "tell" us anyway? Does gaining access to Agartha really give you that much knowledge?

Now why is it that Maxis looks WAAAAAAAAAAY FUCKING OLD? Like, he must be 10 years older than Richtofen.

I noticed that, too. Looks like he's about 60 unless that's later on in life.

You'd have to wonder... Who would marry Maxis and have a child with him later, considering he is THAT old?

Unless there's a plot twist: element 115 has a hidden ability to make people younger :lol:

I think I may have an answer to that.... Take a nice long look at the "patient" richtofen is operating on.... Large beard... Could it be possible that richtofen is operating on maxis's body? A brain-transplant of some kind? A New body for an old mind? Hmm....

I was thinking that, but the bearded corpse looks mighty skinny. Guess we'll have to see.

I think that puts to rest the theory of it being maxis in the blacked out portrait then. His beard would be there. I love that beard though.

Was that the Remington new model army??

Samantha either sounded really old, a man, or an alien.

I think I may have an answer to that.... Take a nice long look at the "patient" richtofen is operating on.... Large beard... Could it be possible that richtofen is operating on maxis's body? A brain-transplant of some kind? A New body for an old mind? Hmm....
I doubt it.

Even though Treyarch like raising questions, that would be so out there it's ridiculous

Yes but creating another reality where maxis died, so that Samantha never went after the O4, so that Richtofen rules without opposition, not too mention that most if not all 935 made equipment including teleporters and WunderWeapons wouldn't exist. And countless other things.

All I'm saying is that without Maxis the zombieverse as we know it wouldn't exist.

I think that puts to rest the theory of it being maxis in the blacked out portrait then. His beard would be there. I love that beard though.

I doubt it.

Even though Treyarch like raising questions, that would be so out there it's ridiculous

The screenshot released earlier kinda showed it pretty obvious. Yes, it's the New Model Army. Which is nice, since it is WAY better than the Python.

And that was Samantha's demonic voice. You know, the voice she uses when controlling zombies and such.

Now the question is, how would she know about all this?

I doubt it.

The screenshot released earlier kinda showed it pretty obvious. Yes, it's the New Model Army. Which is nice, since it is WAY better than the Python.

And that was Samantha's demonic voice. You know, the voice she uses when controlling zombies and such.

Now the question is, how would she know about all this?

Right, to me it seems that voice is way more demonic than sams. Perhaps the demon in the MPD has gotten stronger.

I think, as someone said above, that that is not Sam and is something else called Sam, which perhaps Maxis named his child after.

Sorry about the Remington but that and the Python look almost identical apart from a slightly longer barrel and a hexagonal chamber rather than circular.

I think, as someone said above, that that is not Sam and is something else called Sam, which perhaps Maxis named his child after.

Sorry about the Remington but that and the Python look almost identical apart from a slightly longer barrel and a hexagonal chamber rather than circular.

No No, it has to be Samantha Maxis. The voice doesn't sound Demonic to me, If I had to guess it actually sounds older.

Yes but creating another reality where maxis died, so that Samantha never went after the O4, so that Richtofen rules without opposition, not too mention that most if not all 935 made equipment including teleporters and WunderWeapons wouldn't exist. And countless other things.

All I'm saying is that without Maxis the zombieverse as we know it wouldn't exist.

He doesn't have to be dead, he just has to have his brain removed... Savagely, but perhaps not lethally....

And yeah I believe THIS was shortly after richtofen contracted the voices...

I posted this in another thread, it also very much fits here.

Maybe we're re-living a flash back and Samantha telling the O4 how everything started on Moon so they can understand why the blew up the earth. We're just living through that flashback.

And maybe for the next treyarch title we'll be playing as the O4 after the events of Buried.

Ah who cares about that right now. This intro was badass the whole way through. Love it

SO PUMPED FOR THIS MAP.

That's not Maxis Body on the Table. It's a Zombie. By the looks of things Richtofen had just than finished taking the brain out it's skull when the three arrived. Noticed the Body was bound tight to the table with Rope. To me it was still struggling when Richtofen was preform the Cutting.

Pretty amazing stuff.

So Maxis is a bit older and that makes sense because didn't Richtofen work for him? Makes sense to me.

But how does that explain Samantha's age? Seems like he would be too old to have a daughter now.

i addressed this earlier but got paged...

so this may be way off, but perhaps Samantha is someone/something that Maxis was in contact with early on here and was such an influence on him and his actions that he named his daughter after it?

perhaps the Sam we know isn't even the Sam talking here? the little girl Sam is named after the Samantha who is going to tell us how it all began?

idk just throwing ideas against the wall to see what sticks

Samantha sounds A LOT older, which intrigues me.

Likewise.

It'd be like David Mason being alive in the 1960's.

Am I the only one who thinks that Richtofen was operating on Maxis? Judging from the intro, Maxis looks like he'd be dead by 1945 rolls around.

Also Nikolai's note: My reading of it.

February 23rd 1918

Despite the [unknown, my country remains gripped by Civil War. Reds and Whites battle for power as I am forced to watch helplessly from afar. Despite the March treaty, many among us do not expect lasting peace.... Our memories will not all us to forget the tens of thousands of souls lost at [unknown].... This war remains a threat to all our futures...

The people of France share my hatred and contempt for the [unknown]. They hast been very kind to me on my journeys, offering me food, shelter and other most worldly comforts. It is a great relif that even amongst the madness of war, I may still find moments of joy, in the arms of a good woman

Nikolai

Nikolai's first wife perhaps? XD