Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

I can't see any skin on this "zombie" Just armor... is it possible he isn't a zombie at all? could he be a robot or something from the middle ages?

There is no way he is a robot... He's a zombie, but most of his flesh is gone, due to the fact that he is from the middle ages.

Agreed, there is definately skin there but has shrank as old skin does, it is like a mummy. Also due to muscle mass eroding away the arm Is very thin .

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

l GRILL l":2i12nbjb]

definitely looks middle ages era to me. the chainmail, the helmet. I'm quite hoping it ties into the Knights of the Templar, Freemasonry, and Illuminati.

Looks like a Templar knight to me too. Glad to see we're on the same page. I love medieval zombies!!!

Also, that pillar in the back with the circles on it, reminds me of the unrevealed Origins logo.

Excited for what tomorrow brings,

- Mix

The box/crate in the background has a logo on it. I tried to zoom in and paint around the markings and just confused myself.

There is definitely an open circle (like the power symbol) and inside the top are markings. Due to resolution restraints, I couldn't uncover whether these markings are writing or features. I thought the logo almost looked like snake head and the markings were eyes/eye sockets, but they could just be lettering. Still, I think the logo on that box is a clue.

Logo can't really be anything else except a 935 logo that's faded...935 logo stamped on a crate and faded by 1918? How in the hell?

As for the purple eyes... What if this knight was placed here in this tomb centuries ago and empowered with Vril-ya strength and longevity. He may have been a Templar, charged with guarding an entrance to Agartha. To make his post stand the test of time, the Vril-ya infused him with Ethereal energy or something.

Taking the Vril-ya out of the picture, he could just be guarding the "ancient evil" we're uncovering here. Perhaps zombies were discovered once before, but mankind decided to keep them sealed and this knight is the warden of their prison...

Taking from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, a Templar was protecting the Holy Grail deep within an isolated mountain cave, in The Fountain there is a Mayan warrior protecting the Tree of Life...It makes sense that this Knight is protecting something, why else would he be dressed in medieval armor during the 1900's? Obviously he's been there a long time on guard.

That new picture looks so much like Skyrim, if I didn't know it was from Origins I'd think it was from Skyrim. Looks like a Draugr Deathlord from that game.

On a more serious note, I agree, looks like a buried knight. This map looks like it's going to be very epic, the more I see.

Edit: Can anyone else see the sword handle at his waist? Definitely seems to support the knight idea.

This map looks to be HUGE (as previously speculated by others on the forums), and this trailer pretty much confirms it. I would imagine we would be able to play in the mines, no man's land (area between the trenches), of course the trenches and maybe a few sprawled out laboratories like the one Richtofen is in.

Now I have to wait another full month :cry: