Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

... lastly, tortuous, fortuitous - I really just can't make it out. Eternal's forensic handwriting analysis is making me lean towards fortuitous...

Forensic...? Lol. Ok then.

No, seriously...It's a font guys. Even though it looks like handwriting, it's really just a font. So, I compare letters if I'm confused about something.

Since fortuitous starts with an F and tortuous starts with a T, I just look through the letter for words I know start with those letters and compare.

Through this process, I can say for sure our word in question does not start with a T, but it does start with an F. Based on context, the only F word that fits is fortuitous.

Not really forensics, just deduction. ;)

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

... lastly, tortuous, fortuitous - I really just can't make it out. Eternal's forensic handwriting analysis is making me lean towards fortuitous...

Forensic...? Lol. Ok then.

No, seriously...It's a font guys. Even though it looks like handwriting, it's really just a font. So, I compare letters if I'm confused about something.

Since fortuitous starts with an F and tortuous starts with a T, I just look through the letter for words I know start with those letters and compare.

Through this process, I can say for sure our word in question does not start with a T, but it does start with an F. Based on context, the only F word that fits is fortuitous.

Not really forensics, just deduction. ;)

Perfect! Thanks for looking at it more, exact scripts are always necessary :)

The time period and "introduction" of Element 115 here lends more credence to the theory that I have had since World at War. That Nikola Tesla's test of the Wardenclyffe tower created the Tunguska Explosion and introduced Element 115. World War 1 starts and the tower is "abandoned and broken into"...

I'm just glad we are finally back to the four original characters. Started to hate all of the new characters they were never as strong and as developed and memorable as these four are.

could this be Nikola Tesla's tower,

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/5756/y4oe.png

also that tank looks like it travels both directions sorta like gondola, you can see the red arrows pointing both directions, id say ther the tank tracks,..

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2175/3n0o.png

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5188/n28h.png

thought id throw this in,.. Speedy!

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5730/q15j.png

edit: :lol: the guy in this screenshot looks animated

Hey I'll do a transcript of this one since no one has done it yet:

March 2 - 1918

My leadership and victory at the battle of Muken has been brought to the attention of the Emperor himself. I have been instructed to meet with him on a matter of great importance to our Nation.

Perhaps the Emperor recognizes the continued importance of the Samurai traditions, even in there times of great cultural change...

Though I cannot explain why, every step I take towards my target brings with it a growing sense of dread.

I am haunted by twisted dreams that seem to grow increasingly vivid with each passing night. Perhaps the spirits of my ancestors seek to warn me of a dark, uncertain future...

Takeo

He uses + instead of s for some reason. Also it seems Tac was right about Takeo being in the Russo-Japanese War. The Battle of Mukden, or as Tak says "Muken", seems to be the one he is referring to I think. But... that's 1905... I don't think anything besides time travel will be able to explain... That makes Takeo like 60... so... yeah....

March 2 - 1918

My leadership and victory at the battle of Muken has been brought to the attention of the Emperor himself. I have been instructed to meet with him on a matter of great importance to our Nation.

Perhaps the Emperor recognizes the continued importance of the Samurai traditions, even in there times of great cultural change...

Though I cannot explain why, every step I take towards my target brings with it a growing sense of dread.

I am haunted by twisted dreams that seem to grow increasingly vivid with each passing night. Perhaps the spirits of my ancestors seek to warn me of a dark, uncertain future...

Takeo

He uses + instead of s for some reason. Also it seems Tac was right about Takeo being in the Russo-Japanese War. The Battle of Mukden, or as Tak says "Muken", seems to be the one he is referring to I think. But... that's 1905... I don't think anything besides time travel will be able to explain... That makes Takeo like 60... so... yeah....

Thanks MMX - I'll add the transcript into the OP. I was having trouble deciphering "Muken/Mukden", thanks for that.

Looks like the dates of these letters keep moving forward, so perhaps the actual map is going to take place closer to 1920...

I'm thinking that from here our O4 teleported away, perhaps not by a device they created, but perhaps something else. Some natural phenomena, perhaps, related to the lightning strikes/electrical disturbances we see in the trailer.

This could explain how Richtofen becomes so fascinated with time-travel and teleportation. The question should be: Where are they teleported, if at all? Do they go to where we first meet them at SNN? Do they go to some other yet undisclosed location?

March 2 - 1918

Takeo

Thanks MMX! so much easier to read in type than in script. I hope maybe we get another one later today like we did last time they were doing the letters!

• Administrators

I'm confused as to what this matter of great importance to the nation could be. His first letter already describes the giant metal men and him becoming the trusted agent to secure the weapons, so I don't get what this could be as it's in 1918.

Maybe a continuation, or something, not sure. Only time will tell.

EDIT: Totally forgot about the Russo-Japanese War, sweet! I'll see if I can make anymore connections from that. Thanks MMX!

• Administrators

EDIT: Totally forgot about the Russo-Japanese War, sweet! I'll see if I can make anymore connections from that. Thanks MMX!

Lol. Guess where Mukden happened? Manchuria.

Lovin' it, oh man this makes me excited. The date throws me off a bit, but I think that with a bit more research I can make it work.

"The mind will continue to try and make sense even when there is none to be made..." -Me-Now-

If one were to think they were in 1917 or 1916what would the diffrence be between thinking they were in 1920 or 1923? Simply put I think we will discover that NONE of these dates are correct... And the real answer lies far beyond our normal perspective of things...

"The mind will continue to try and make sense even when there is none to be made..." -Me-Now-

If one were to think they were in 1917 or 1916what would the diffrence be between thinking they were in 1920 or 1923? Simply put I think we will discover that NONE of these dates are correct... And the real answer lies far beyond our normal perspective of things...

Not much difference, but the first four letters were all dated in 1917 and detailed them leaving for there mission in Northern France, these letters are prove enough that the map has to take place between the latest letter written in 1917 and the end of World War I on November 11, 1918, as after that they would have no reason to investigate a Trench and Giant Metal Men, or that the Kaiser's War Machine was creating weird weapons.

my take on it.

• Administrators

Not much difference, but the first four letters were all dated in 1917 and detailed them leaving for there mission in Northern France, these letters are prove enough that the map has to take place between the latest letter written in 1917 and the end of World War I on November 11, 1918, as after that they would have no reason to investigate a Trench and Giant Metal Men, or that the Kaiser's War Machine was creating weird weapons.

my take on it.

I agree with Misty, especially since Dempsey says in his letter he plans to be at the site by the end of the week, and he said this on November 19, 1917.

my take on it.

I agree with Misty, especially since Dempsey says in his letter he plans to be at the site by the end of the week, and he said this on November 19, 1917.

The problem with this is that Takeo's most recent letter is dated in 1918...Are we to assume that after "Origins" he writes this letter?

If that's the case, that would mean he wasn't captured here and we could also assume Nikolai and Tank weren't either. So then, if they aren't captured after Origins, when did they become captured and have their memory wiped by 935?

See what I mean?

The flip side to this is that this may not be a letter that Takeo's writing, but it could be a journal. He could still potentially write in a journal while being held captive, but I think he made this journal entry/letter after having been at the site for some time already. He talks about having strange dreams/visions, but if Origins had already ocurred, he'd have stranger things to write about than dreams.

So, by the writing of this letter. I am assuming Origins has not yet ocurred.

I didn't see it up top with your updated post so...

December 10th - 1917

"It appears my current exile from the motherland may --- -----. I have received orders to undertake a vital mission in Northern France.

Reports from the area suggest the Kaiser's war machine may be gearing up to unleash something unlike anything we have seen before..."

This is from Nikolia.

"Motherland" Soviets/Russians would refer to there country as this, and/or Mother Russia.

Also, Nikolai was a Ka-Sak, he's mentioned that in a quote back in WaW.

December 10th - 1917

"It appears my current exile from the motherland may --- -----. I have received orders to undertake a vital mission in Northern France.

~~

The letter can be found under --Handwritten "Letters from the Field"--

It's spelled "Cossack"

December 10th - 1917

Reports from the area suggest the Kaiser's war machine may be gearing up to unleash something unlike anything we have seen before..."

This is from Nikolia.

"Motherland" Soviets/Russians would refer to there country as this, and/or Mother Russia.

Grill is updating the OP (Original Post, i.e. first page, first post) with new letters, etc..

The missing words are "prove fortuitous".

Cossack is a slang term for Russian that was originally adopted since it was a term for some Russian police or something...It became adopted much like we hear Germans called Krauts.

Cossack is a slang term for Russian that was originally adopted since it was a term for some Russian police or something...It became adopted much like we hear Germans called Krauts.

Actually Cossacks were a group of East Slavic people known for their traditional way of living, military skills and were extraordinarily good at horse-riding.

Actually Cossacks were a group of East Slavic people known for their traditional way of living, military skills and were extraordinarily good at horse-riding.

During the Tsarist regime of early Russia, the Cossacks were used as defenders of the realm, sentries, and soldiers. They were early Russia's police force, so to speak. They fought in many Russian wars and Napoleon quoted that they were, "the best light troop of all that exist."