Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute, what if this is the outside of Nacht? What if we can go inside Nacht for a perk, weapon or PaP. Dear god, my body is not only ready, its excited!

No, unfortunately it's not a remade Nacht, or even in Germany for that matter. Can't say much but we will be in Europe, perhaps somewhere we've always wanted to go but never been to.

Looks like TranZit 2.0 with a dash of Der Riese, NDU, and SNN.

As long as there's no denizens, horribly blinding fog, or fire, I'm fine with Tranzit 2.0

Doesn't look like there's fog or denizens, my theory is that there will be a "No Man's Land" between areas and that having to evade the robot is your penalty for venturing out there in an attempt to take a dangerous shortcut, while the tank is our equivalent to the bus, safely taking us from locale to locale.

This map simply looks amazing. TranZit was a good idea gone horribly wrong, but it looks like they may just do it right this time.

I like this theory. A lot.

those frames do remind me a Nacht, when did that map take place? is this map like the BIG version of it? :lol: like what happen to make the plane crash and what not

and sweet a tank? makes sense that would be our transportation

Yeah a tank is a good way to get around! I think nacht was set in the 1940's. 

This is a big revelation! France could be it's original location. If anyone bothers to ask why there were German vehicles around it, you have to have a look at a history book, germany occupied france in WW2, so they might have been investigating events of zombies in the past, France also fits in the Plane crash in the beginning,  the marines would have probably been up fighting in the air, and when they needed to refuel they flew over france but got shot down.

Funny... Thats the exact same thing we said about tranzit....

Nope. Tranzit is good on paper. Big spaces. Lots of new stuff. New enemy. The works.

But three things ruined it: fog, fire, denizens (and maybe too many buildables, but, eh). Take, at the very least, two of those three things away and you have an awesome map. I understand the logic behind the fog and fire, but denizens? Fucking stupid, if you ask me.

If the robot replaces the denizens, I think the Tranzit concept may just turn out pretty cool.

Funny... Thats the exact same thing we said about tranzit....

Nope. Tranzit is good on paper. Big spaces. Lots of new stuff. New enemy. The works.

But three things ruined it: fog, fire, denizens (and maybe too many buildables, but, eh). Take, at the very least, two of those three things away and you have an awesome map. I understand the logic behind the fog and fire, but denizens? Fucking stupid, if you ask me.

If the robot replaces the denizens, I think the Tranzit concept may just turn out pretty cool.

The fire didn't bother me too much, and my only problem with the fog was the denizens. My biggest problem with Tranzit, even worse than the denizens for me, was that it took years to get from point A to point B. The tank is even slower than the bus by the looks of it, so hopefully we have a more reliable teleporter system in this one.

Yea I agree with you there, but where as the bus was needed to get to A to B because otherwise like you said it took an to get anywhere. I hope the tank isn't a necessity like the bus was.

Fog, it was bearable for me on COTD but transit was a big no no!

They've said they have listened to us for this map, but lets see. I've got a lot of catching up to do until release for PS3 but hell yeah I'm excited!

The time period and "introduction" of Element 115 here lends more credence to the theory that I have had since World at War. That Nikola Tesla's test of the Wardenclyffe tower created the Tunguska Explosion and introduced Element 115. World War 1 starts and the tower is "abandoned and broken into"...

I'm just glad we are finally back to the four original characters. Started to hate all of the new characters they were never as strong and as developed and memorable as these four are.

The time period and "introduction" of Element 115 here lends more credence to the theory that I have had since World at War. That Nikola Tesla's test of the Wardenclyffe tower created the Tunguska Explosion and introduced Element 115. World War 1 starts and the tower is "abandoned and broken into"...

I'm just glad we are finally back to the four original characters. Started to hate all of the new characters they were never as strong and as developed and memorable as these four are.

Dude. You need to post more often. :lol:

The part that is marked as ineligible from Nikolai's letter, December 10th - 1917, reads "prove tortiotous" and he misspelled tortuous I believe, which means "full of twists and turns."

Tortuous is also colloquially used to mean to have torture. It's not the correct usage, but I just wanted to throw it out there.

It's not tortuous.

It's prove fortuitous. Look at the f in the word from on the first line and compare to the first letter of your ineligible word. Same mark exactly.

He just misspelled fortuitous.

EDIT: Actually, if you really look closely, you can see he didn't mispell. The U and the I are just scribbled together, but the dot for the I is actually in the right place.

BTW, prove fortuitous means will be a good thing. He's saying that being exiled from Russia may not be a bad thing after all since his exile means he can act as an independent agent on secret missions, namely the one everyone is talking about in the letters, the next playable map.

just a PSA - my photobucket site has exceeded the maximum bandwidth, so the photos I uploaded for this thread will not be accessible (some photos I did not upload personally, so not ALL of them are missing). I will work on getting them back up ASAP.

edit: pictures are back up :mrgreen:

also, I don't believe we will be getting anymore ORIGINS hints/letters/pictures/etc. The "Ghosts" MP reveal is this week, and I'm pretty sure that all of the COD PR will be focused on that. However, I will update this thread if anymore news presents itself.

... lastly, tortuous, fortuitous - I really just can't make it out. Eternal's forensic handwriting analysis is making me lean towards fortuitous...