Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what the press release says for "Origins, our most epic Zombies experience to date." I moved this from a locked topic. It's got more text than the image posted above, and you can copy and paste it!

In addition to the four maps, Apocalypse also reveals Origins, the most horrifying and imaginative Zombies experience to date. Players will be deployed to Dieselpunk-stylized World War I-era France where they will encounter the return of the four original heroes from the very first Zombies map, Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Rictofen, as well as hordes of zombies that have overrun trenches and fields, as well as the ruins of a mysterious and ancient location.

Unleashed after the Germans unearthed the mysterious “Element 115,” this next chapter in the Zombies legacy will explore the saga’s origins as players reunite with an unlikely band of soldiers that come together to defeat the greatest evil the world has ever seen, using a period-specific arsenal that includes Wonder Weapons that harness supernatural powers, a diesel-drone and Mark IV tank, as well a new perk machine and power-ups – and that’s just the start. Players will need all the help they can get to succeed in defeating the undead, as well as evading an unprecedented 1,000-foot tall robot abomination. In this stylized undead adventure, they’ll need every advantage if they have any hope of surviving one of Treyarch’s deepest Zombies experiences to date.

Link: http://www.sys-con.com/node/2754728

Here's what the press release says for "Origins, our most epic Zombies experience to date."

Thanks yourmapper, added to OP.

@Grill it seems in Origins Picture the Zombies eyes are yellow but yet in the main picture for the entire DLC it looks Red. Hmmm

Hmmm... interesting.

This is going to be one crazy map.

I second that notion.

"The most impressive zombies map TO DATE"

This statement could very well mean that up until this point it is the most impressive, and there is still more yet to come. I do not believe zombies is ending, but at the same time we might find ourselves dealing with a set of new characters in the next treyarch game. Iconic, amazing characters, unlike the N4. They were decent, but did not fit the lifestyle and desire that those of the zombies community love.

Also mentioned in the release "diesel-drone", which is likely one of these:

The first pilotless drone was developed for the U.S. Navy in 1916 and 1917 by two inventors, Elmer Sperry and Peter Hewitt, who originally designed it as an unmanned aerial bomb—essentially a prototype cruise missile. Measuring just 18.5 feet across, with a 12-horsepower motor, the Hewitt-Sperry Automatic Aircraft weighed 175 pounds and was stabilized and directed (“piloted” is too generous) with gyroscopes and a barometer to determine altitude. The first unmanned flight in history occurred on Long Island on March 6, 1918. In the end the targeting technique—point and fly—was too imprecise for it to be useful against ships during the war. Further development, by attempting to integrate remote radio control, continued for several years after the war, until the Navy lost interest in 1925.

Quote from this article, along with some other interesting WW1 weapons and inventions that may come into play:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/31882/12 ... orld-war-i

Also mentioned in the release "diesel-drone", which is likely one of these:

The first pilotless drone was developed for the U.S. Navy in 1916 and 1917 by two inventors, Elmer Sperry and Peter Hewitt, who originally designed it as an unmanned aerial bomb—essentially a prototype cruise missile. Measuring just 18.5 feet across, with a 12-horsepower motor, the Hewitt-Sperry Automatic Aircraft weighed 175 pounds and was stabilized and directed (“piloted” is too generous) with gyroscopes and a barometer to determine altitude. The first unmanned flight in history occurred on Long Island on March 6, 1918. In the end the targeting technique—point and fly—was too imprecise for it to be useful against ships during the war. Further development, by attempting to integrate remote radio control, continued for several years after the war, until the Navy lost interest in 1925.

Quote from this article, along with some other interesting WW1 weapons and inventions that may come into play:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/31882/12 ... orld-war-i

Yeah I was looking at it earlier but couldn't find anything to relate it with diesel.

After looking at the comments on Charlie Intel and talking to a few people, no one is happy about Apocolypse.

Zombies fans aren't happy about not having a Z only DLC.

Multiplayer fans aren't happy about having 2 more re-hashed maps.

But I hope Origins is better than Buried. I was bored of Buried within a week went back to Mob of the Dead.

I've always liked the World War atmosphere in Zombies.

After looking at the comments on Charlie Intel and talking to a few people, no one is happy about Apocolypse.

Zombies fans aren't happy about not having a Z only DLC.

Multiplayer fans aren't happy about having 2 more re-hashed maps.

But I hope Origins is better than Buried. I was bored of Buried within a week went back to Mob of the Dead.

I've always liked the World War atmosphere in Zombies.

Well of course we're not happy with Apocalypse. After a trailer showing all of the classic maps, anything less than an all-zombies map pack is gonna be a disappointment.

I understand if they don't want to remaster all those maps, because it is a lot of work especially on top of making the new map. But if they're not gonna do it, they shouldn't wave the old maps in front of our faces.

I'm not gonna lie I was a bit upset upon hearing that it wouldn't be exclusivley targeted at zombies fans, but nonetheless it still looks purty awesome..

Aside from the fact that it looks like a huge reimagining of the world war scene in the movie "suckerpunch," and i mean spot on sampling from Ariel warfare and giant Mechs all the way to zombie/nazis infused with steam/deisel punk influence , it looks purty unique and interesting (seriously though watch suckerpunch as the picture looks EXACTLEY like the scene in the movie)

Plus I feel they are giving fans a huge service by not only giving us the original four beloved characters, but a world war 1 setting to boot, along with a "full" set of guns from the world war period, and wonder weapon"S" (and considering theyve already introduced the ray gun and ray gun mark II I don't feel that they would be reffering to those and simply one new wonder weapon) that this next dlc will be purty Dagum epic...or rather Apocalyptic :D

......I'm happy with apocalypse....

Origins looks awesome, Treyarch are likely to add in the new game modes like they did with buried. They could very possibly add in stuff to other maps as well. I don't mind remakes of old maps and they look okay I haven't really seen them.

A whole new arsenal, new WW, 2 new vehicles, a huge robot, an ancient, mysterious temple in a historical important and accurate setting. Lots of answers that will be answered. That sounds good to me.....

To people that arnt happy... Imagine a map pack with no zombies at all. That is what the MP fans would feelif it was all zombies. Treyarch can't please everyone

......I'm happy with apocalypse....

Origins looks awesome, Treyarch are likely to add in the new game modes like they did with buried. They could very possibly add in stuff to other maps as well. I don't mind remakes of old maps and they look okay I haven't really seen them.

A whole new arsenal, new WW, 2 new vehicles, a huge robot, an ancient, mysterious temple in a historical important and accurate setting. Lots of answers that will be answered. That sounds good to me.....

To people that arnt happy... Imagine a map pack with no zombies at all. That is what the MP fans would feelif it was all zombies. Treyarch can't please everyone

Completely agree with all of this. Apocalypse is looking to be a good DLC. Origins sounds amazing with what we know right now, can't wait for the 27th.

The arsenal of era specific weapons makes me think they're trying to stay true to the time this map is taking place. We all know they take liberties with such, but I am hoping this era won't exclude PaP...

Agreed, I don't know how they will explain the PaP though.... Flickering perks anyone?

I'll miss my new Mark2 RayGun :cry:

I'll miss my new Mark2 RayGun :cry:

I'm sure the RGM2 will be on the map. Treyarch said that anyone who bought DLC3 will have the gun available on ALL zombies maps. If they don't put it on the new one, they'll have people whining about false advertisement and have to get into legal stuff.

As for people talking about the inclusion of perks and PaP... You realize those things could be in the past right? Just because, say, Staminup's first appearance (Ascension) took place in the 60s doesn't mean Staminup was created in the 60s, it could've been sitting there for years. Pack-a-Punch could've been invented before Der Reise took place, it's just that Nacht Der Untoten, Verruckt, and Shi No Numa didn't happen to have a machine there.