Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it will be prequel. The went backwards from Moon to Nacht Der Untoten in the trailer.

with a focus on specific old maps, found by these prequel characters? It looked like nacht, ascension, shangri la & shi no numa.

Kino, Verruckt, and Moon were there as well it seems.

Every single map where you played as the 04 was there, backwards chronolgically, Moon, Shang, Ascension, Kino, Der Riese, Shino, Verrukt, Nacht. A countdown of maps, sort of.

The O4 are back. And Nikolai had a beard way back when.

Also,

You can see window boards in this picture. Perhaps part of the cutscene? And we seem to be in a trench.

"The Giant is rising..." Neigh. He has risen.

and better be powered by Die Glocke.

Anyone else think that the O4 won't be as funny as they were?

Think about it.

Nikolai's vodka ramblings were due to Richtofen's tests. Since this appears to be set before Richtofen's tests, I'm worried Nikolai won't mention his vodka. Or wives.

This is the last time I'm going to post this post.

Everytime I hit "Submit" someone else has already posted. :P

So it will be prequel. The went backwards from Moon to Nacht Der Untoten in the trailer.

with a focus on specific old maps, found by these prequel characters? It looked like nacht, ascension, shangri la & shi no numa.

Kino, Verruckt, and Moon were there as well it seems.

woah you are right, the chandelier, the broken shower head - ARRGGG I'm seriously losing my sh*t right now.

The O4 are back. And Nikolai had a beard way back when.

drool drool drool

I are excite... But... But... But... Prequel?

It has to be more than just a prequel. Buried is not a satisfying ending. Besides, Nathan was right, the original characters probably don't have their same charm pre-experiments. Hopefully they'll give us something that takes place in the future, as well as the past.

It's time for important things. With Bagel.

We heard the year 1915. Which connects to WWI. Which was fought in France. Which connects back to the letters. We saw trenches in the video.

With Zombie boards on them and the Giant. Trench warfare was fought in WWI in Northern France.

When I looked up Trench warfare, this popped up:

The area between opposing trench lines (known as "no man's land") was fully exposed to artillery fire from both sides. Attacks, even if successful, often sustained severe casualties as a matter of course.

I think we'll see a NML with the Giant, and the escape is to hop into the trenches.

This has been important things. With Bagel.

I am VERY thrilled by this

By going back to the beginning they're completing the story "cycle," hence the recurrent circular-shape motif throughout the trailer ( -2, the rolled stone from Shangri-la and, most importantly, Moon). Or maybe I'm reading too much into it?

Well WW1 was nothing but sitting in Trenches and yes area between them was called No man's land but that doesn't mean the NML mode will come back.

True, but it is a possibility. I just think that'd be a cool thing to incorporate.

Yeah it would be nice to have back