Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Almost like crop circles etched into stone or something. Even if you can put them together, they won't match up at all. I've tried flipping them vertically and horizontally, but you may at best get three or four that seem to fit (but not quite there yet).

We are definitely missing some pieces.

Almost like crop circles etched into stone or something. Even if you can put them together, they won't match up at all. I've tried flipping them vertically and horizontally, but you may at best get three or four that seem to fit (but not quite there yet).

We are definitely missing some pieces.

These kinda seem out of order...We may be missing pieces, but I can definitely see that we should be matching up the shadows and lighting.

#1 should be next to #4 because of the dark at the bottom.

#2, #3, #5, & #6 all have a horizontal line across the top. so maybe those should be in the middle and all together?

Infest, did you just jam them all together or have you tried to rearrange their order at all?

It also looks more like old parchment paper instead of stone to me. Some ancient Vril document stuffed inside our comic book, perhaps?

Whoever put those pieces together did so randomly.

I've been able to fit 3 of them together, where the markings overlap completely accurately, pieces 4, 5, and 6. I trimmed off some of the matching pieces on top so the bottom parts can be seen better. Note that you have to overlap these to make them fit in any way!

The rest I can't get to fit.

Whoever put those pieces together did so randomly.

I've been able to fit 3 of them together, where the markings overlap completely accurately, pieces 4, 5, and 6. I trimmed off some of the matching pieces on top so the bottom parts can be seen better. Note that you have to overlap these to make them fit in any way!

The rest I can't get to fit.

looking at that, it makes me think this isn't a puzzle really, but it is a set of items that are wrapped with the same texture/skin

like the WAW pack-a-punch pattern for instance

What's kind of funny to me is how treyarch worded their tweets yesterday

"Every story had a beginning...

AND A BEGINNING"

Mistake, or on purpose?

(Note: the official CoD twitter said "every story had a beginning and an end ... So yeah, who knows)

"Every story has a beginning and an end. Follow @Treyarch to learn more tomorrow." -Aug 6, 2013

My body is ready.

Jesus, every single one of your posts makes me laugh :lol:

I am also refreshing Treyarch's Facebook/YouTube/Twitter/newspaper/town cryer/whatever pages hoping to finally see something!

looking at that, it makes me think this isn't a puzzle really, but it is a set of items that are wrapped with the same texture/skin

Yeah I think when put together it will be the basis for the pattern used in PaP. An explanation might be that these runes were made by the Vril and then discovered carved in stone by someone (Maxis?) and then used on weapons to give them special properties, and they made a machine to apply the runes to weapons (PaP).

Yeah I think when put together it will be the basis for the pattern used in PaP. An explanation might be that these runes were made by the Vril and then discovered carved in stone by someone (Maxis?) and then used on weapons to give them special properties, and they made a machine to apply the runes to weapons (PaP).

PaP is powered by 115 though... Perhaps this is the camo for a new Vril-related wonder weapon? Or (less likely but a cool thought) an alternate way of upgrading weapons, using Vril instead of 115?

PaP is powered by 115 though... Perhaps this is the camo for a new Vril-related wonder weapon? Or (less likely but a cool thought) an alternate way of upgrading weapons, using Vril instead of 115?

I didn't mean to suggest it had anything to do with pack-a-punch or upgrading weapons at all, I just meant its simply a pattern that is wrapped around these items like a weapon camo or anything else....

:edit: also 900 posts! :) lol

I didn't mean to suggest it had anything to do with pack-a-punch or upgrading weapons at all, I just meant its simply a pattern that is wrapped around these items like a weapon camo or anything else....

That is what I meant though! PaPing might require not only 115, but also these runes that imbibe special properties in conjunction with 115.

Or yeah, maybe a Vril type WW or Vril PaP like TheDunbarian said. Just speculations.