Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gallery this image is in on the Treyarch Facebook page is called.

"Letters from the field"

New note

Thanks Liam - updated thread title & added the new note to OP.

.... so Japan, huh? ... the emperor, huh? VERY interesting/confusing.

October 6 - 1917

The Emporers grown concerned that the barbarians drive for machinization may soon yield weapons more devastating than the world has ever known.

I am honored to act as his most trusted agent and will ensure that any such weapons are re????ed for the benefit of Japan

Oops, you beat me to it GRILL :)

Anyway, perhaps Takeo. Wasn't there a Japanese group similar to 935. I can't remember the name

I am honored to act as his most trusted agent and will ensure that any *such weapons are re????ed for the benefit of Japan

*such weapons are secured

looked like an R to me at first as well, lol.

So - any reason why the first note has a wood/background and the second note has a leather background? Perhaps just different types of journals? The bark is strange though...

Makes you wonder perhaps if the first note was from Richtofen and the 2nd was from Takeo?

The only Japan connection in zombies character wise is him... The first one seemed tame for Edward, but perhaps in '17 he still had more of his marbles in tact? if we get another one referencing anything USA or Russia then certainly my attention will be had

Makes you wonder perhaps if the first note was from Richtofen and the 2nd was from Takeo?

The only Japan connection in zombies character wise is him... The first one seemed tame for Edward, but perhaps in '17 he still had more of his marbles in tact? if we get another one referencing anything USA or Russia then certainly my attention will be had

Yeah that would certainly be interesting.

They are definitely written by the differant people.

This is all very interesting.

I think it's like this so far

1st page : Maxis talking about how they found 115 in his own personal journal

2nd page: Takeo definitely. Something about the Emperor sending him on a mission to gain a weapon that wields more devastation than ever known. Ray Gun? Nuke? What could this be??

Can't wait to see more.

Has anybody checked if they added anything into the Black Ops 2 zombie menu? like a new journal entry or something?

Or is this just a facebook thing?

Just checked, no additions to the zombie menu. Seems to be only a facebook thing for now.

This is all very interesting.

I think it's like this so far

1st page : Maxis talking about how they found 115 in his own personal journal

2nd page: Takeo definitely. Something about the Emperor sending him on a mission to gain a weapon that wields more devastation than ever known. Ray Gun? Nuke? What could this be??

Can't wait to see more.

Agreed. Those are the most plausible outcomes ATM, but I'm still not 100% on the 1st note being Maxis.

I'll update this thread as more images emerge...

Defo heading towards a map set during World War 1.

But 1917.....

Mob of the Dead's loading screen.... had Oct 17 1917 on the side.... a link perhaps?

MOTD Loading screen: http://i.imgur.com/R9hMf5M.jpg

Look at the bottom right side.

hmm I think that was more to just to show us when that map was taking place and the era we're in. Odd though for them to have a newspaper in from 1917 when MotD takes place 20 years after in the 30's. Also, did anyone ever try to match up the left side of that loading screen any of the others? I don't remember seeing any threads attempting to do so.

To the post above me from 949

and I'm not sure about him breaking into Der Riese. It had Nazi memorabilia everywhere so I'm guessing the funds they got from them is what payed to build that place during war times in WW2.

Defo heading towards a map set during World War 1.

But 1917.....

Mob of the Dead's loading screen.... had Oct 17 1917 on the side.... a link perhaps?

MOTD Loading screen: http://i.imgur.com/R9hMf5M.jpg

Look at the bottom right side.

hmm I think that was more to just to show us when that map was taking place and the era we're in. Odd though for them to have a newspaper in from 1917 when MotD takes place 20 years after in the 30's. Also, did anyone ever try to match up the left side of that loading screen any of the others? I don't remember seeing any threads attempting to do so.

Yeah i definitely think it's no coincidence that the date to the right of the Mob loading screen is matching these notes (year anyway)

So with the second note, Takeo broke into Der Riese to steal the intel on the zombies and 115 for Japan but got captured and experimented on along with Dempsey and Nikolai by Richthofen. Just my take on it.

Hmm. I can see how one might make that connection but wouldn't it have been too early for Group 935 and Der Riese to even exist?

I mean with the first letter which was only a couple of weeks before this one, we could see that the Germans had just found element 115 and hadn't even begun testing...

These notes are really getting me excited for DLC 4. :D

Still odd that this map appears to be set during WW1 and MOTD took place on NYE 1933 and had Oct 17 1917 written on the loading screen.

I don't think these are showing when the next map takes place. I think there's are to give us more of a back story on things and kinda get us thinking about 935 again since on buried loading screen we can see the 935 logo in the corner. Also they're just hinting towards the O4 returning finally.

That's gotta be Takeo.

Maybe the letters are from the original four?

Came to say this. It would be hard to believe that this isn't Takeo and they aren't hinting at the O4 being in the next map. I'm gonna be pretty mad if this is just some kind of cock tease from Treyarch.

I'm just gonna guess that if we do see a letter from Dempsey it will directed towards his Girlfriend and Daughter. I think that would be nice. I mean he only has one quote about his daughter and it's always nice to get more background info on the O4

That's gotta be Takeo.

Maybe the letters are from the original four?

Came to say this. It would be hard to believe that this isn't Takeo and they aren't hinting at the O4 being in the next map. I'm gonna be pretty mad if this is just some kind of cock tease from Treyarch.

That truly would be the ultimate troll.