Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

I just really wanna see what happened to them before another years wait) for a map set after the events of buried, especially after the Samantha's lullaby playing after the final EE in buried.

Are you forgetting we hear Samantha's Lullaby in Nuketown Zombies, as a EE song, in Mob of the Dead, as a alternate game over song and at the begining of the Buried solo intro film.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is anyone saying a prequel map couldn't be the next DLC?

Why are so many sure that there even will be a BO:3?

If we're to assume there will be no BO:3, then a prequel map could wrap this story up nicely. That seems to be a trend in most recent stories/films being released now. Look at Prometheus (prequel to the Alien saga) as an example. Unfortunately, Prometheus just continued the story instead of wrapping it up.

In the end, we're all just speculating and we should really try to avoid words that illustrate finality. I think the next DLC will reveal that our characters are in a time loop, a cycle. Perhaps we, as players, will get to decide whether this cycle is broken or not. MotD was a foreshadow to this. Foreshadowing is a literary term which basically means, "remember this because it is like a mini story that reflects the whole of the actual story."

CotD, comparatively, also foreshadowed the ending of BO:1. Our O4 were trapped and unplayable. Since BO:2 we've all assumed they've been trapped on Moon and obviously were unplayable. It just makes sense for Treyarch to follow a trend like that. They want us to read between the lines.

So, a prequel map that shows how this whole story began is exactly what we need. Imagine if this prequel explained that we've been navigating this time loop the entire time we've been playing. That would make for a great ending in the tradition of great stories that involve time travel. Whether the ficitonal characters continue to navigate this loop, or if they manage to break out of it, I think, will be up to us.

Dammit, beat by seconds. Haha

I've been refreshing their FB around 10-11am everyday :lol:

Very interesting.... Element 115 has a periodic symbol abbreviation of Dv !?

what could the actual name of element 115 be? (obviously besides ununpentium)

the ONLY meaning of Dv I could find was "Divinium"

according to this site - http://www.hitchcock-presents.com/finea ... 11x8.5.pdf

Unfortunately, I could not find a single other source on "Divinium"

-------------------------------------------------------------

edit:

Divinium, maybe?

So, 115 is a chalcogen, huh? Interesting...

Eternal, can you enlighten us a little more on Divinium? maybe some sources?

I'm no genius on the periodic table but I'm sure some elements we know of are missing.

This is obviously from our fictional zombies world, so actual accuracy may not be paramount. also keep in mind this is dated 1917 so at that time many of the categorizations of the elements were different and many elemnts were probably yet to be discovered/named

I'm no genius on the periodic table but I'm sure some elements we know of are missing.

This is obviously from our fictional zombies world, so actual accuracy may not be paramount. also keep in mind this is dated 1917 so at that time many of the categorizations of the elements were different and many elemnts were probably yet to be discovered/named

totally.

It's interesting though, because Dv is listed now on the "new" periodic table of elements - hence it was man made.

Why is anyone saying a prequel map couldn't be the next DLC?

Why are so many sure that there even will be a BO:3?

There will simply be another CoD game with Zombies mode in it. We're just calling it BO3 for the time being.

Inb4 asking why I'm sure there will be another CoD with Zombies in it, just take a look at the loading screens. The comic book is far from the end. The Buried loading screen even provided us with a glimpse of what the next map will be ... on the next game, that is.

I think they are being pretty accurate. Between 1900 and 1949, 13 new elements were discovered, then 16 in the next 50 years.

I think they are being pretty accurate. Between 1900 and 1949, 13 new elements were discovered, then 16 in the next 50 years.

agreed, just stating that obviously elemnt 115 was a ways off from actual discovery in 1917.

here is a periodic table of the elements circa 1917 for real

It's interesting though, because Dv is listed now on the "new" periodic table of elements - hence it was man made.

What? Where? As far as I'm concerned, there is no mention of "Dv" on the current Periodic table..?

this random source I posted on page 7. sorry, I didn't mean the official new periodic table of elements - hence the quotes on "new".

Dv'= Divinium according to this site - http://www.hitchcock-presents.com/finea ... 11x8.5.pdf

I could not find a single other source on "Divinium" except for in an RPG game called "World of Imarel".

Edit:

that site with the 'Dv' is just an art site, I believe. So... square one...

Well in that table it is called Divinium. Other elements are based on adjectives that describe emotions and sensations. For example melancholium refers to "menancholy" which means sad or depressed. So Divinium means "Divine?" Divine means of or relating to god (think like divine intervention.) so it's god's element in a sense that it reanimated the dead? Like in the story of Lazarus in the bible. Ring a bell? Vr-11 Lazarus is the upgraded Vr-11. This also brings back connections to Vril (after which the weapon was named.) That may have been the reasoning behind their temporary name for it. A similar example is the plant Salvia Divinorum, known for its hallucinogenic properties, which was used in religious and spiritual rituals.

PINNAZ mode disengaged.

here is a periodic table of the elements circa 1917 for real

this is awesome, birdman. I'm going to add it into the OP.

In my opinion, the Maxis table we got today is just the official written acknowledgement of 115 in the Zombies timeline/multiverse. Maxis, who worked for Mauser in and around 1915, could have been part of a special weapons development team for Mauser. While researching new weapon resources, it's possible he may have discovered what he thought was the "Divine" element. By 1917, it seems he was sure enough of it's properties to assign it grouping and placement within the Periodic "arrangement" of elements.

Well this came a lot later than expected, I am not expert in chemistry (as I have never even studied it in school above a very basic level) so this doesn't mean much to me.

Kind of ironic, seeing as your profile picture is Walter White :lol:

That being said, I can also not contribute much to this one, knowing very little chemistry. I just took high school chemistry last year, and my teacher quit halfway through the semester so I hardly learned anything. I'll just leave this one to the pros...

This is interesting, and contradictory.

If you guys recall the chalkboard from Der Riese and Kino Der Toten, presumed to belong to Dr. Maxis, you'll remember the elements listed. On the upper right corner of the chalkboard, both Element 114 and Element 115 are listed, with the symbols Uuz (don't recall what it was for sure) and Uup.

I find it strange how it was once referred to as "Uup" on Maxis' chalkboard, yet it is now being referred to as "Dv" on his original Periodic Table. Maxis had that chalkboard with Uup since 1945, so at some point between 1917 and 1945, the name of the element seems to have changed.

I sure hope they did their research on this, cause things ain't adding up. :|

We use names like "ununbium" for element 112 for example as a filler. Like eternal said, they would use a more accurate name once they had discovered all of its properties. While we don't know the properties, we just give it a name to fill its space on the table. Just look at the word ununbium (element 112.) it's name is UN-UN-BI-um. almost all elements end in "um" but the first three syllables literally mean "one one two." Likewise UN-UN-PENT-ium (Uup, element 115) literally just means "one one five."