Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So judging by the poster, we probably won't get a letter today. Unfortunate, but I'm good with just this.

And that is certainly an MP-40 in Nikolai's hands.... maybe making a triumphant return??

I can'[t express how excited i am for this map!

I think a bigger question is if we'll get the STG-44s that are in the opening.

Fun fact: Did you know that Treyarch was going to have elemental statues that you were to attach the shrink ray in Shangri-La? They ended up cutting it, leaving a singular solitary statue on the weapon.

Yeah, that really is interesting to tie in. Here is that concept art with the 4 power sources (click link to see them all).

http://oi41.tinypic.com/1zbgow2.jpg

Damn, that's pretty cool. Wish they would have stuck with that.

Remember to keep in mind that a weapon is shown on a poster does not automatically confirm that weapon will be on the map. Remember the Wunderwaffe/Winter's Howl for Ascension? Yeah.

MP40 might be on the map. Might not. WHO KNOWS.

Actually we've seen it before in the gameplay trailer, but not clearly. This just kinda confirms it.

Remember to keep in mind that a weapon is shown on a poster does not automatically confirm that weapon will be on the map. Remember the Wunderwaffe/Winter's Howl for Ascension? Yeah.

MP40 might be on the map. Might not. WHO KNOWS.

Actually we've seen it before in the gameplay trailer, but not clearly. This just kinda confirms it.

We haven't seen a clear in game shot of it, but yeah, we already saw it in the gameplay trailer (barely, like we saw the Ballista) and the poster double confirms it

I was gonna say the same thing about the Ascension poster. Except this time, 3 of the weapons on the poster are confirmed. The staff (confirmed by the achievements), the Mauzer (confirmed by the trailer), and the MG08 (trailer also).

Edit:

I was rewatching the trailer for the name of the machine gun, and found this frame

Looks like the MP40 has been confirmed for a while.

Edit 2;

Also looks like the people above me already said this while I was typing.

It appears that they go:

Purple: (Poison? 115?) Likely will drain zombie's health, like the paralyzer

Red: Fire will likely work like the flamethrower

Blue: Water/ice may work like the winters howl or the "undertow" vigor in bioshock infinite.

white: Wind I'm hoping it will work like the "bucking bronco" vigor in bioshock infinite...

Now... What do these things look like UPGRADED?