Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, what is there really to prove that he's gay other than his quotes? Do we have his roommate on hand? :D

So in-game quotes aren't evidence anymore or considered canon? Got it.

On-Topic, I'm really hoping we get a new letter today.

You do realize that people can say anything, right? Also, I was joking. See that there?

He sexuality doesn't pertain to the story anyways, so who really cares. Just hoping for another letter also. Or better yet, the intro like Misty said :D

Yeah I know you were joking but you just can't rule something out like that.

We'll get the intro on Monday, the tweet said next week which is just a day away.

His orientation means as much to the storyline just as much as his age.

And if you guys hear DOZENS of quotes from Richtofen that show he is a homosexual and still refuse to accept what is right in front of you, then there is no hope for you.

Nikolai: What?

Richtofen: Never mind... gorgeous.

I agree with MMX here, Richtofen is obviously homosexual.

through I am not sure where him having a boyfriend in college came from?

I mean, what is there really to prove that he's gay other than his quotes? Do we have his roommate on hand? :D

In game quotes do count as evidence which is why you should listen to all of them and not use selective hearing on which ones you want to keep and which ones to throw out lol.

Again, Shangri-La and the beautiful sunset quote to Nikolai doesn't necessarily mean that he is that way. It could be interpreted as such, but nothing set in stone. He has spoken about wanting kids too. That should tell you something. He could be Bi. I guess it is all a matter of opinion.

On a side note, Did anyone ever find out who wrote the letter about "the doctor"?

In game quotes do count as evidence which is why you should listen to all of them, not use selective hearing on which ones you want to keep and throw others out lol.

Again, Shangri-La and the beautiful sunset quote to Nikolai doesn't necessarily mean that he is that way. It could be interpreted as such, but nothing set in stone. He has spoken about wanting kids too. That should tell you something. I guess it is all a matter of opinion.

On a side note, Did anyone ever find out who wrote the letter about "the doctor"?

That letter was written by Richtofen, at least in my opinion, I think he was referring to Maxis.

In game quotes do count as evidence which is why you should listen to all of them, not use selective hearing on which ones you want to keep and throw others out lol.

Again, Shangri-La and the beautiful sunset quote to Nikolai doesn't necessarily mean that he is that way. It could be interpreted as such, but nothing set in stone. He has spoken about wanting kids too. That should tell you something. I guess it is all a matter of opinion.

I was being sarcastic when I said that. And it's more than just that one quote. There's dozens throughout Shangri-La, CotD, and Moon.

And if you guys hear DOZENS of quotes from Richtofen that show he is a homosexual and still refuse to accept what is right in front of you, then there is no hope for you.

And who is the one who brought it back up? Why would you do that? Now I am compelled to respond.

All I'll really say is that he is insane, and could say anything to amuse himself and to make other people uncomfortable. That said, it's likely he is gay and mean those quotes, but since it really doesn't matter anyways lets get off that subject.

I'm thinking we'll see another letter around 3-5 pm today (EST). That was the time many of the others were posted on facebook. Also, I'm hoping that the Origins Cinematic isn't too short. I want it to be long, but not extremely long.

Will be nice seeing the group together again for the first time..that sounded weird :lol:

"I like the Spectre because its barrel is nice and long... just like my college roommate!"

And Skyline, you couldn't be more wrong. Richtofen hates children.

"Stupid Americans and their apple pies and baseball and children."

And let's see, some more quotes:

"Aw, Nikolai, thanks. And you don't smell as bad as usual. There."

"Nikolai, I am coming for you! As... going to your location!"

Nikolai: I'll be big spoon, you be little spoon.

Richtofen: Shhh. Don't tell anyone.

"They have these big half domes with a hole on top, kinda like a big... forget it."

"The energy flows! Oh, it flows on my face!"

"Oh I love it when we come together.............. Um, what were we doing?"

"Maxis will no longer be able to get his filthy hands on those balls... those oh so wet balls."

"Let me just probe you with my Hacker."

"Make those balls wet you wh*re!"

"Ah those spikes hurt so good!"

"Look, Nikolai, a waterfall! How romantic!"

"It's so wet, and slippery, and fun! Just like you, Nikolai!"

And let's not forget Tank:

"-kick your *ss. So get your finger out of mine!"

"That's not a lever Richtofen!"

"Rectalfan."

And who is the one who brought it back up? Why would you do that? Now I am compelled to respond.

All I'll really say is that he is insane, and could say anything to amuse himself and to make other people uncomfortable. That said, it's likely he is gay and mean those quotes, but since it really doesn't matter anyways lets get off that subject.

He's either straight and like you said above, or he is Bi. Funny, Nothing is evident in the radios to make one think that he is gay before going insane.

Like I explicitly told you. If we can argue over age or nationality, we can argue over orientation. It's not different. It is simply a characteristic of a character. Although orientation I would THINK would come easier to people. >.>

But like I ALSO said, people can be blind if they choose. They can ignore everything I just posted if they want. So, I have indisputably proved he is gay. If people wish to "pretend" otherwise, I can't stop them. But I'll stop here.

"I like the Spectre because its barrel is nice and long... just like my college roommate!"

Oh, didn't know that quote existed, thanks, I must've missed that quote back in the day or just never paid much attention.

But yeah, I agree with MMX, especially with Dempsey's quotes, there is no doubt Richtofen is gay.

Like I explicitly told you. If we can argue over age or nationality, we can argue over orientation. It's not different. It is simply a characteristic of a character. Although orientation I would THINK would come easier to people.

Pft, you can discuss his sexual orientation all you want, but it's a pointless characteristic to discuss. Tell me, would a straight Richtofen not have brainwashed the test subjects? Would a bisexual Richtofen not betray Maxis and take over the world? He's still gonna do these things, not matter how gay he is. I'm not arguing whether he's gay or not, I'm arguing whether or not it's really even important, and it's not.

Age, nationality, education, I can see how these characteristics might affect Richtofen's character within the story, but sexual orientation, no. Just no.

But please, by all means, continue to go off topic with a meaningless debate. That trailer next week should be pretty cool...

Same reason you don't put all the Xmas presents under the tree till the day of. If you know the size/weight/amount it spoils some of the surprise. I rather be fully surprised the day its released then spoil some of the surprise.

Also senior year of high school starts Monday and this is my schedule

-AP stats

-ap calculus

-12 English

-ap gov't and politics

-physics

-ap microeconomics

-cross country

So I need to slowly put games into my schedule so I don't get overwhelmed since school is most important to me atm.

Well now we know for sure it's 1918.

Taken from Call of Duty Black Ops facebook page

"Northern France, 1918. The archaeologists of the Reich unearth an ancient evil beyond their wildest nightmares.

Check back next week when Treyarch reveals the opening cinematic of Origins, coming August 27 with Black Ops 2 Apocalypse, first on Xbox Live."