Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with this is that Takeo's most recent letter is dated in 1918...Are we to assume that after "Origins" he writes this letter?

If that's the case, that would mean he wasn't captured here and we could also assume Nikolai and Tank weren't either. So then, if they aren't captured after Origins, when did they become captured and have their memory wiped by 935?

See what I mean?

The flip side to this is that this may not be a letter that Takeo's writing, but it could be a journal. He could still potentially write in a journal while being held captive, but I think he made this journal entry/letter after having been at the site for some time already. He talks about having strange dreams/visions, but if Origins had already ocurred, he'd have stranger things to write about than dreams.

So, by the writing of this letter. I am assuming Origins has not yet ocurred.

On one hand, origins may not have actually occurred yet, but... just why on earth would you think that they would be captured in WWI? That makes pretty much no sense given how young they are.

I'm honestly thinking the dates are kinda off, but we won't really know until we play the map. It could be the original letters aren't actually from our characters. They could have sent others first, or at least it seems that way with Tak.

I didn't see it up top with your updated post so...

December 10th - 1917

"It appears my current exile from the motherland may --- -----. I have received orders to undertake a vital mission in Northern France.

Reports from the area suggest the Kaiser's war machine may be gearing up to unleash something unlike anything we have seen before..."

This is from Nikolia.

"Motherland" Soviets/Russians would refer to there country as this, and/or Mother Russia.

Also, Nikolai was a Ka-Sak, he's mentioned that in a quote back in WaW.

Grill is updating the OP (Original Post, i.e. first page, first post) with new letters, etc..

The missing words are "prove fortuitous".

Cossack is a slang term for Russian that was originally adopted since it was a term for some Russian police or something...It became adopted much like we hear Germans called Krauts.

No, I know it's there, that's were a Quoted it from. What I meant was that it was never (If not mention already) that the letter WAS from Nikolai.

Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cossacks#Second_World_War

It explains a lot better on the subject.

The problem with this is that Takeo's most recent letter is dated in 1918...Are we to assume that after "Origins" he writes this letter?

If that's the case, that would mean he wasn't captured here and we could also assume Nikolai and Tank weren't either. So then, if they aren't captured after Origins, when did they become captured and have their memory wiped by 935?

See what I mean?

The flip side to this is that this may not be a letter that Takeo's writing, but it could be a journal. He could still potentially write in a journal while being held captive, but I think he made this journal entry/letter after having been at the site for some time already. He talks about having strange dreams/visions, but if Origins had already ocurred, he'd have stranger things to write about than dreams.

So, by the writing of this letter. I am assuming Origins has not yet ocurred.

Obviously they were still captured in the 1940's, but they weren't captured randomly like we originally thought, but they were chosen personally by Richtofen for his Grand Scheme, and they had there memories wiped in the 1940's. obviously, and 935 wasen't even founded in WWI.

but the problem is with you're idea, the map has to take place before the end of World War I, and Origins has to take place shortly after the initial batch of letters.

This note makes no sense. There's really no use in doing anything with it until we get more information.

The Doctor is a nickname for Richtofen. However, Richtofen was a young (gay) man in college around that time, from what we know. Maxis and Richtofen were colleagues, not really friends. All that can be said is that Maxis did at one point trust Richtofen. But that's it.

Treyarch is poking fun at us with this, teasing us.

"This actually does make sense. You just don't know how yet." - Treyarch right now : P

I really don't think that Richtofen is gay lol.

It's possible that he and Maxis were friends once upon a time; But I think that Maxis became over-the-top about having complete control of everything and he felt Edward was stepping on his territory thus becoming a thorn in his side. They ended up becoming enemies.

This note makes no sense. There's really no use in doing anything with it until we get more information.

The Doctor is a nickname for Richtofen. However, Richtofen was a young (gay) man in college around that time, from what we know. Maxis and Richtofen were colleagues, not really friends. All that can be said is that Maxis did at one point trust Richtofen. But that's it.

Treyarch is poking fun at us with this, teasing us.

"This actually does make sense. You just don't know how yet." - Treyarch right now : P

I really don't think that Richtofen is gay lol.

It's possible that he and Maxis were friends once upon a time; But I think that Maxis became over-the-top about having complete control of everything and he felt Edward was stepping on his territory thus becoming a thorn in his side. They ended up becoming enemies.

Richtofen certainly is a homosexual ( nothing wrong with that ) it's evidenced by lots of quotes, especially on CotD.

Richtofen certainly is a homosexual ( nothing wrong with that ) it's evidenced by lots of quotes, especially on CotD.

Technically he could be joking, he is pretty insane and could probably just be doing it to piss Dempsey off.

He had a boyfriend in college... And he and Nikolai were practically a couple.

He's not joking

Technically he could be joking, he is pretty insane and could probably just be doing it to piss Dempsey off.

^^This...

He hates Dempsey so I highly doubt that he would be attracted to him if he were gay. So he must've been screwing around with him in the dark in Call Of Dead to get his goat. Or, considering it was dark, He couldn't see what he was doing, where his hands were going because of space behind the door, etc...

Edward also has many quotes citing that he is a straight man too. LoL. Nikolai was straight, obviously. He was married to women. So I don't know where you get this "couple" idea from MurderMachine.

^^This...

He hates Dempsey so I highly doubt that he would be attracted to him if he were gay. So he must've been screwing around with him in the dark in Call Of Dead to get his goat. Or, considering it was dark, He couldn't see what he was doing, where his hands were going because of space behind the door, etc...

Edward also has many quotes citing that he is a straight man too. LoL. Nikolai was straight, obviously. He was married to women. So I don't know where you get this "couple" idea from MurderMachine.

You must not have paid to attention to any of shangri-la quotes if you don't know what he's talking about. During Shangri-la Richtofen has a very strong attraction to Nikolai.

Also he's scrizipherinic, one personality could be homosexual, and others anti-sexual (he has not yet shown love to anything other then death, his machines, and Nikolai...)

*Schizophrenic, and what you're saying is not Schizophrenia, it's DID (Disassociated Identity Disorder, or better know as Split Personality). Also, the only symptom(s) of Schizophrenia that Richtofen had were the voices in his head and I guess you could say delusions of grandeur. If he truly were a Schizophrenic, he wouldn't be the lively, vivacious character we find funny and likable, he would probably be mute or speak in a monotone voice (not fun).

Richtofen suffered from memory loss, psychosis, delusion, and paranoia, just like Maxis did. It was a side effect from years of testing on Element 115. It began to rot their minds. Also, according to his bio, Richtofen is an incurable sociopath and sees no moral distinction between natural death and murder.

Also, I don't see how Richtofen's sexuality is pertinent to the storyline, like at all. Not important enough to be worth debating over IMO.

He had a boyfriend in college... And he and Nikolai were practically a couple.

He's not joking

He could be, I mean he is insane, he could say the most random things to entertain himself. It's definitely not unthinkable.

I mean, what is there really to prove that he's gay other than his quotes? Do we have his roommate on hand? :D

I mean, what is there really to prove that he's gay other than his quotes? Do we have his roommate on hand? :D

So in-game quotes aren't evidence anymore or considered canon? Got it.

On-Topic, I'm really hoping we get a new letter today.

You do realize that people can say anything, right? Also, I was joking. See that there?

He sexuality doesn't pertain to the story anyways, so who really cares. Just hoping for another letter also. Or better yet, the intro like Misty said :D

So in-game quotes aren't evidence anymore or considered canon? Got it.

On-Topic, I'm really hoping we get a new letter today.

You do realize that people can say anything, right? Also, I was joking. See that there?

He sexuality doesn't pertain to the story anyways, so who really cares. Just hoping for another letter also. Or better yet, the intro like Misty said :D

This, weather Richtofen is a homosexual or not does not pertain to the story, let's kill Zombies instead, or dream about it at least.

I seriously am getting impatient for this map, haven't been this excited since Moon.