Letters from the Field - Photos & Videos from Pre-Origins

GRILL

• Administrators

So anyone else getting a TranZit vibe with this map? Seems like it's going to be a huge map that they'll split it up like TranZit. I mean, it's gotta be huge if this giant metal man is in it, especially if it moves around...

Probably so. Going through the trenches as your [co-current] option for traveling across the map while risking a giant robot making pancakes out of you...sounds like a reasonable trade to me.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how the easter egg could play out, are we stopping the giant robot explaining why its never seen again, or is it going to involve more time travel.

Also, this giant seems to be like a very risky move for Treyarc, for as cool as it is, it seems to have a sole purpose of making the trenches harder to traverse, I'd like the trenches to have Pack-a-Punch at the end or something big. Also re watch the video, when the giant robot is about to stomp you see a plane fly past, so will a lot more be going on as we play the map?

Very excited and I hope it gives us a big cliffhanger.

I'm blown away by this, even though I saw it coming...

Now, to speculate:

The letters revealed that the O4 we're all headed to a "site" in Northern France to investigate a newly discovered element. Tank's letter shed more light onto this "site" about rumors of a plague, giant metal men, and lights in the sky.

I've always known Tunguska to be the original meteor crash, but what if that was a cover-up? Maybe WWI, since it was the first war to use very effective mass killing techniques, caught the attention of the Vril or some other Alien race and they sent this Giant robot to stop us. Kinda philosophical, but bare with me...

With the robot also came a healthy dosage of 115, perhaps it powers the robot? If the robot is stopped, the soldiers and everyone else present on the battlefield would be free to disect the technology and run experiments, hence the creation of group 935, the capture of Tank, Takeo, and Nikolai (because they have to be silenced about all of this), and subsequently the private quest Richtofen adopts to rule the world.

I don't believe the robot is another Maxis creation, as it seems we're giving him credit for creating much of the technology...too much, and its sole purpose is to stop Richtofen in the past before he begins his mad quest. That's too paradoxical, for me, but I suppose it is possible. The Terminator tried to do something similar by sending a robot back in time to kill John Connor's mother.

I just think there are more grand implications with this story instead of just the battle between Maxis and Richtofen with the O3 being just pawns in their elaborate chess game, but I could be horribly mistaken.

In any case, this is very exciting!

I'm blown away by this, even though I saw it coming...

Now, to speculate:

The letters revealed that the O4 we're all headed to a "site" in Northern France to investigate a newly discovered element. Tank's letter shed more light onto this "site" about rumors of a plague, giant metal men, and lights in the sky.

I've always known Tunguska to be the original meteor crash, but what if that was a cover-up? Maybe WWI, since it was the first war to use very effective mass killing techniques, caught the attention of the Vril or some other Alien race and they sent this Giant robot to stop us. Kinda philosophical, but bare with me...

With the robot also came a healthy dosage of 115, perhaps it powers the robot? If the robot is stopped, the soldiers and everyone else present on the battlefield would be free to disect the technology and run experiments, hence the creation of group 935, the capture of Tank, Takeo, and Nikolai (because they have to be silenced about all of this), and subsequently the private quest Richtofen adopts to rule the world.

I don't believe the robot is another Maxis creation, as it seems we're giving him credit for creating much of the technology...too much, and its sole purpose is to stop Richtofen in the past before he begins his mad quest. That's too paradoxical, for me, but I suppose it is possible. The Terminator tried to do something similar by sending a robot back in time to kill John Connor's mother.

I just think there are more grand implications with this story instead of just the battle between Maxis and Richtofen with the O3 being just pawns in their elaborate chess game, but I could be horribly mistaken.

In any case, this is very exciting!

The terminator reference as bizarre as it sounds could just be it!!

Oh my, I see why people don't like them

In this video they talked a lot without really saying anything.

Most of it they said that they have a theory that we will be having a sequel, they then advertised their site by producing imaginary cliffhangers( e.g. "On our site somewhere is a picture with all the answers")

They then eventually said that Maxis is the driving force for the storyline, which of course he is.

Mostly what they were doing is making themselves seem higher up without any reason to be so...

If that's true...Any information he could gain that way would be a leak and should not be referenced on this forum. This is a borderline violation of CoC, so I think we should get back on topic regarding our own speculations, else I may just use that "Report" button...

Indeed, I wonder if the whole map will be set inside the robot, which we can make do things, like walk to PaP, I have a feeling that the robot will be unpowered when the game starts.

Indeed, I wonder if the whole map will be set inside the robot, which we can make do things, like walk to PaP, I have a feeling that the robot will be unpowered when the game starts.

I don't think so because I think this Robot will be working against us. I'm thinking the EE might be Richtofen, having succeeded in the future with the help of our N4, using his new powers to go back in time to the beginning and try to create a new timeline from this point with him in control. So as we help him, we do certain things that might ironically be bringing this Robot to life and since we know Maxis can communicate through electronics, perhaps he then is able to control this Robot and tries to stop Richtofen. From there, perhaps Richtofen has to flee with the O3 and since he's travelling back to when they were still ignorant of his plans, they accept to flee with him and thus the time-loop is created.

The robot is an enemy and will probably down us in 1 hit. 2 with Jug.

Also... we haven't seen any zombies. Only robots.

We've had a lot of changes in Zombies since BO2's release, but they would never go as far as to remove the zombies entirely.

It wouldn't be Call of Duty Zombies without the zombies.

Great discussion we're having on here as always, but please don't talk about PTG. Yes, they have a leak. But we are CoDz. We do not leak any information or so much as discuss it. You can talk PTG somewhere else. Not here. It violates our Code of Conduct to talk about leaks. We are strictly using what Treyarch has given us. We are a forum associated with Carbonfibah, and we always will be, and since he is Treyarch, we are an extension of that.

Any PTG posts will be deleted, and if anyone so much as discusses any leaked information that correlates with what PTG has released, you will face punishment in the form of either a warning or possible ban.

Can I just leave a very strong reminder:

THERE IS TO BE NO DISCUSSION OF ANY POTENTIAL LEAKS ON THIS SITE. I DON'T CARE WHO OR WHERE IT COMES FROM OR HOW TRUE OR FALSE IT MAY BE, IT IS AGAINST THE CODE OF CONDUCT AND IS NOT ALLOWED ON THIS SITE. ANYONE WHO CHOOSES TO FURTHER DISCUSS POTENTIAL LEAKS WILL BE PUNISHED ACCORDINGLY.

Let's keep the site clean, OK?

-Jolteon

The more I see of this new map pack, the more I'm starting to buy in to the "time loop" ending. It would make a lot of sense. This map could be a prequel while still being an ending. Mob of the Dead foreshadowed something like it. The inclusion of the classic maps in the DLC would allow players to play the "full cycle". And, most importantly, it would provide a common "ending", regardless of which path was followed on Buried.

Also, it wouldn't necessarily mean the end of zombies either. It wouldn't be a cliffhanger, in fact it would be a semi-satisfying ending, but if the developers wanted to continue the story in the future, they would simply need a character to do what Weasel did: break the cycle. Character breaks the cycle, and you have BO3 :lol:

The more I see of this new map pack, the more I'm starting to buy in to the "time loop" ending. It would make a lot of sense. This map could be a prequel while still being an ending. Mob of the Dead foreshadowed something like it. The inclusion of the classic maps in the DLC would allow players to play the "full cycle". And, most importantly, it would provide a common "ending", regardless of which path was followed on Buried.

Also, it wouldn't necessarily mean the end of zombies either. It wouldn't be a cliffhanger, in fact it would be a semi-satisfying ending, but if the developers wanted to continue the story in the future, they would simply need a character to do what Weasel did: break the cycle. Character breaks the cycle, and you have BO3 :lol:

I wonder how they are going to introduce the new/original characters in the game. I mean again I've played with so many people on black ops 2 zombies that their only knowledge of richtofen and maxis is that they are some sort of gods speaking to us, somebody whose first zombies experience was with marlton, misty, russman, and stu are gonna be confused as hell! lol. i really dont know why they went the way they did this time around it is all very confounding

So...do you think we will completely re-do the whole cycle from WaW all the way through to Moon with the O4 and get one extra prequel map? If so, do we completely disregard everything related to storyline previously? Are they just making a huge rewrite, you think?

It could just be an "ending" of sorts. They go back to the beginning, stop this from happening and boom the story "ends" there, but we also have the story we know that people are saying it doesn't have a solid ending, well in my opinion that could be an open ending.

You hit the button that person is in control of the zombies and that is how it ends, you return to the previous maps and the "cycle" that was talked about begins again.

Wilhelm II or William II (German: Friedrich Wilhelm Viktor Albrecht von Preußen; English: Frederick William Victor Albert of Prussia; 27 January 1859 – 4 June 1941) was the last German Emperor (Kaiser) and King of Prussia, ruling the German Empire and the Kingdom of Prussia from 15 June 1888 to 9 November 1918. He was a grandson of the British Queen Victoria and related to many monarchs and princes of Europe, two notable contemporary relations being his cousins King George V of Great Britain, founder of the House of Windsor, and Tsar Nicholas II of the House of Romanov, the last ruler of the Russian Empire before the Russian Revolution of 1917 which deposed the monarchy. Crowned in 1888, he dismissed the Chancellor, Otto von Bismarck, in 1890 and launched Germany on a bellicose "New Course" in foreign affairs that culminated in his support for Austria-Hungary in the crisis of July 1914 that led to World War I. Bombastic and impetuous, he sometimes made tactless pronouncements on sensitive topics without consulting his ministers, culminating in a disastrous Daily Telegraph interview that cost him most of his power in 1908. His top generals, Paul von Hindenburg and Erich Ludendorff, dictated policy during World War I with little regard for the civilian government. An ineffective war leader, he lost the support of the army, abdicated in November 1918, and fled to exile in the Netherlands.

The Kaiser as stated by Nikolai.