Solo Easter egg? Maybe? I started it

jmh2013

So I was playing on buried and I always build the Easter egg I think it's rhictofins. And I hit the time bomb and it warped and when I came back the lantern was in the air. I blasted it out of the air and picke it up. I died later being a noob. But I don't really know the other parts of the Easter egg I just started it. Has anyone else tried this? I can give more details into what I did before but I don't think that matters.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am honestly not joking. I started it! If you tell me a way to get the theater mode recording of it I will and put it on this site

I don't think you get the point... it doesn't matter you can start it in Solo. You'll never be able to finish it.

Has anyone tried doing it with less than 4 players, because perhaps all the targets don't show up.

Like 3 players = 3 locations worth, 2 players = 2 locations worth and so on.

Did you go to round infinity? For Richtofen's side, you complete the guillotine, then light the orbs with the Paralyzer, then get the lamp, then do three more steps, THEN go to round infinity. I've gotten the lamp in solo, but I don't think the entire challenge can be completed. In the Mob of the Dead Easter egg, you could complete every single step of the Easter egg except the absolute last one. In Tranzit, you could complete Richtofen's side up until the last step (I believe). So it may not be possible.

Yeah you're outta luck. Easter Eggs (side quests, if you want to be a giant doucher) since the first Black Ops require teamwork with four people (except Tranzit). For what reason? Hell should I know. But regardless, it's tedious and a nuisance. BOIII (or whatever it will be called) needs Easter eggs that can be done Solo. Period.

Yeah you're outta luck. Easter Eggs (side quests, if you want to be a giant doucher) since the first Black Ops require teamwork with four people (except Tranzit). For what reason? Hell should I know. But regardless, it's tedious and a nuisance. BOIII (or whatever it will be called) needs Easter eggs that can be done Solo. Period.

I'm not sure if you included BO when you said since BO but COTD was solo. Just to be a pedant

There's only 4 maps Easter Egg's out of all 16 right now that take 4 players and these are; Ascension, Shangri-la, Die Rise, and Buried, all others are doable with just 2, and 1 for CotD and Moon single player trophy of course. To note: All of the two player ones can technically be done solo as long as the other player is in the game with you, aside from Richtofen and Maxis's paths on tranzit.

Cotd and moon both had a solo easter egg. On moon you didn't get a reward besides the gamerscore/trophy but there still was one on there.

I also saw a forum post saying that you HAD to have 4 players to do an easter egg since the latest update. Is that true?

Ah ya forgot about the moon being solable, I was referring to Big Bang Theory, I did this solo, as I just had a friend log in and I did it all as a challenge to myself.

About the update for requiring 4 players always, you mean on black ops 2? Or 1? If 1 I hope not seeing as how it'd be harder to get people who need it later on, in fact they need to patch all of those to be soloable or duoable at best. If you mean black ops 2 then that would suck seeing as how not many people like requiring 4 people as it is, again, in the future it'll be pretty damn hard down the road.

Even if steps are removed and it's possible to do solo, keep in mind that the reward would allow the player unlimited Quick Revives, which would mean you can't lose. I assume it will be cut short like the MotD Easter Egg solo, but it's still worth a try. Good luck!

I tried doing the Maxis side solo shortly after it came out (more so to hear the quotes than anything else), and I was unable to the last two steps.

I got to the step where you knife the signs in the cavern system to get the wisp to appear. I could get the red orbs to appear by the signs after knifing, but the wisp never appeared. I tried this quite a few times to no avail.

And I think a lot of people covered it, but the shooting gallery step would be impossible with only one player.

Well I died twice ha. But they did change little parts. So maybe? You don't have to hit the tomb bomb solo. The lantern just starts flying

You don't have to do the time bomb step to make the lantern float. The lantern floating comes before the time bomb step.

It. Goes:

Power

Guiliteen

Paralize the Orbs

Blow up the lantern

Collect ghost souls

Lantern on gunsmith

Run for the wisp (possible but HARD in solo) -Vulture aid is needed

Charge the guiliteen

Time-bomb at the BEGINING of a round, next to the guiliteen, with the time bomb on the center (as the round counter turns red again)

Find the body's and the switch

Link the levers: Only one (maybe two) will spark once you get it to spark simply try all the possible combinations:

If the last one sparks red:

Try:

Green, blue yellow red

Green yellow blue red

Yellow green blue red

Yellow blue green red

Blue green yellow red

And lastly

Blue yellow green red

Then the final step is to make a wish at the fountain... And shoot every stupid target.... Learn the order!

If this Easter egg is possible solo, either the well step would be cut out or would be made so only 1 section had to be hit... (Such as the candy store or house space, I don't think you would have time for the saloon or barn area... )

IF for some reason this all works in solo, I TIP my hat to you sir, and doing the buried Easter egg would become a whole different ball game! If it's not, I thank you for trying! :D

Stand next to it (touch it even),

Wait until the RED apears of the next round,

Make sure it's in the center of the device,

Make sure the guiliteen is power up with the zombies (you should see some orbs with vulture aid

Make sure you powered up the orbs, not broke them with the sub. Resonator

Make sure the ENTIRE guiliteen is built (red wire in gunsmith, dish on saloon, antenna in barn, crystals from cavern)

Make sure you powered the lantern right: by the ghost's souls (you can't place it in until you've done this so I'm sure you've done it)

Make sure you've grabbed all the whisps (they should move from the tunnels, to the jail area, to the general store area, to the guiliteen