Your Arsenal after round 40

Nasdaq401

Even sallies stop working. Paralyzer still works and the mark 2 to the head does decent. Other than that, what do you guys use or suggest? The rounds are taking too long and I have a life to live as well but would like to attempt another high round game soon. My high is 50 but I got frustrated. Would be nice if we had a trap!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would recommend using the AN-94. The gun is pretty effective to about round 35. (I know this about X > 40) At that point the gun becomes weak but with the ability to constantly buy ammo, it will help. The usual setup of my weapons at round 40 is AN-94, Ray Gun Mark 2, and Paralyzer. I use the AN-94 80% of the time, the Ray Gun for emergency, and the Paralyzer for when it hits the fan.

you do have a trap. well 3 useful ones. The head chopper is great for killing some of the zombies off and the more the merrier when having more than one player. The turbine and resonator make a great combo. The resonator can shoot about 9-12 bursts out before bursting (More bursts if it doesn't hit anything) and the turbine lasts about 2 minutes before it needs to start recharging.

My personal loadout? Rgm2/petrifier. I usually buy mulekick in the beginning but I will drop my an94 sooner or later. Stay tuned for my guide though coming out shortly.

I would say that the most useful buildable is the trample steam, because unlike the resonator it doesn't require two a turbine or stall out, and unlike the head chopper it never really misses or slows down. If you are camping, the trample steam is ideal. However, the head chopper can be useful for trains.

I also use the Mark II and the Paralyzer, with the AN when I have Mule Kick,

I would recommend using the AN-94. The gun is pretty effective to about round 35. (I know this about X > 40) At that point the gun becomes weak but with the ability to constantly buy ammo, it will help. The usual setup of my weapons at round 40 is AN-94, Ray Gun Mark 2, and Paralyzer. I use the AN-94 80% of the time, the Ray Gun for emergency, and the Paralyzer for when it hits the fan.

I agree with this totally

Buried is by far the easiest Solo map there has ever been. This is proved by me being able to get to round 50. My previous highest solo run (on other maps) was only in the low 30's. I can now get to round 50 everything I play Buried, with possibly only 1 or no downs.

I buy the LSAT every game, turn power on, buy Mule kick, let the Big Guy out, get 30,000 to 40,000 out of the bank then get the Big Guy to keep the box at its original spawn, hit the box for either the Ray Gun MkII or Paralyzer & Monkey Bombs. Open everything & buy Jugg, Speed Cola & Vulture-Aid. Go for a run through the Ghost house & collect the free perk & Pack-a-Punch my weapons.

Every 5 or so rounds do another run through the ghost house to get all my perks. Lately I've been using only Mustang & Sally until round 25-30 to get my granade kills up. I only build the resonator, turbine & head chopper. Sometimes I dont even worry about the head chopper. Camp on the Jugg hallway & after round 35 if the Paralyzer overheats, just stand in the Vulture-aid green must to cool down or I I get over run I drop my turbine down & let the resonator do the work. Set up the resonator & Turbine at the workbench above Jugg & in the bar.

If you want to go higher, set up the turbine on the upper level of the overhang opposite the Gunsmith debri (where you can drop down into the bank) train your hoard outside of the bar & use the resonator to take the whole hoard out. Watch a "5and5" YouTube video.

If you've made it to round 50, I think thats pretty good.

• Administrators

The Paralyzer/Petrifier, PDW/Predictive Death Wish, and Mustang & Sally.

One to hold down the hoard, one to create some headshots, and the other to clear the path. You can't go wrong with this combination unless you aren't really moving around the map (which face it, is the majority). ;)

There really is no need for any gun on this map besides the Paralyzer/Petrifier.

Jugg + Vulture-Aid + Paralyzer + Courthouse = Infinite ammo, perfect camp spot with escape.

Anything else added or done to such a strategy is just a cure for boredom.

My Solo games go like this:

1) Drop down immediately.

2) Quick Revive (just so I don't have to worry about being downed accidentally)

3) Remington chalk (Draw only)

4) Open Bank, withdraw 30-40k

5) Release Giant, clear as much as you care to (Jugg and Church are musts)

6) Pin Mystery Box, keep hitting until Paralyzer

7) Acquire Jugg and Vulture

8) Go through Mansion, acquire free perk (because why not?), PaP everything

9) Fly into Courthouse, camp bottom floor, only go upstairs to escape

10) By round 30, refill your bank

Such strategy only limits the rounds you reach by how bored you become. For me, that number is between 50 and 60, but to reach those rounds requires very little skill. Instead of training, the skill comes in learning how to use the Paralyzer + Vulture combo effectively.

I've never gotten to Round 40 on this map so I'll post my Round 20 loadout.

I usually buy the AN-94 off the wall and the PDW.

At Round 10-15 I usually have over 10K so I attempt to PAP both weapons.

So then I have 2 PAP'd weaponsbefore R20.

If I get a terrible gun from the box, I just swap it out for what's in the weapon locker, which is at the moment, a SLOG HAMR.

I also always have candy on me and the head chopper.

If I get a terrible gun from the box, I just swap it out for what's in the weapon locker, which is at the moment, a SLOG HAMR.

Sorry to be pedantic.. Again. But it's SLDG HAMR. It's a pun because HAMR looks and sounds like Hammer, and the SLDG HAMR looks and sounds like SledgeHammer, which is a bigger and more powerful version of a normal Hammer.

I'll normally use the Petrifier, the Porter's Ray Gun Mark II, and the upgraded AN-94. What I do after round 25 or 30 is start off each horde in front of the gunsmith. When it looks like most of then have spawned, I'll head towards the saloon, but go to the right side of it. I'll wait for the zombies to catch up, and then I'll walk around the patio of the saloon. Wait for the zombies to catch up, walk back to my original spot, kill the zombies, stand in the green mist while the zombies respawn, rinse and repeat. With this strategy I rarely even get hit, and it's also pretty fun to do.

Sorry to be pedantic.. Again. But it's SLDG HAMR. It's a pun because HAMR looks and sounds like Hammer, and the SLDG HAMR looks and sounds like SledgeHammer, which is a bigger and more powerful version of a normal Hammer.

Sorry, that was a typo.

Sorry, that was a typo.

Oh, sorry I saw someone write it as SLOG earlier as well. So I was wondering if it was a commen thing. Obviously not :)

I got to 46 co-op (2 people) using jug alley.

LOADOUT:

Actualized Neutralizer / Shadowy Veil

Petrifier

Ray Gun MK 2 (PaP'ed)

BUILDABLES:

Subsurface Resonator next to jugg machine

Trample steam halfway down the alley (so you don't accidently use it)

Turbine on hand in inventory

METHOD:

+ trample steam is built on the buildable table above jugs

+ an94/svu (whichever you prefer) drawn on question mark at top of stairs closest to buildable table

EXECUTION:

When a round starts, use all of your an94 or svu ammo.

By the time you run out in that gun, your trample steam will be destroyed.

Put down turbine so subsurface resonator starts going off.

Use petrifier to float up to hole in wall above jugs.

Buy ammo, grab new trample steam.

Lay trample steam down.

Pick up turbine.

Repeat until round is over.

AN94 is beast, just like a wall Galil, is effective until Round 37, has a HUGE ammo capacity, decent fire rate and is surely something you wanna have.

The LSAT, meh... Doesn't seem much more effective than the AN94 (both PaP'ed), and by the way, has a huge reloading time.

Paralyser, I'm kinda suspect since I don't use it for killing zombies, but yeah, it is a wonder weapon...

The Ray Gun Mark II is just pure awesomeness. Have you ever been so mad, you felt like headshooting a zombie with a freaking ray gun?! Yeah baby, now you can!

Once the pap'd lsat gets too weak, i use the dsr pap with no scope and, of course, the petrifier. Buying fsirt ammo is annoying. After i have 1 million points from the time bomb, i trade for monkeys.

Early is: petrifier, bk, lsat. All pap.

Later is:petrifier, dsr, lsat. All pap.

If not camping: i start at box area, move towards the gunsmith (careful, really buggy zombies/hit detection in this area), go up through saloon and out the front, jump to candy, fall off, fire, move to front of court house. At the corner of the low railing, in front of the stairs inside the court house is a great hold spot; none will come from down the stairs. When pressed, i go up, fight by SC, drop off, repeat.

Edit: beyond 50, petrifier and mark 2 pap'd were the only thing taking them down.

Petrifier, mark 2, Instakill bullet gun like an94 off wall, no pap needed.

Time bomb every round at start of round. First i let them beat me down if the get me (rather than use tb) so qr gets me up (solo), then if it looks like I'll get downed again, i use the time bomb to restart the round.